========================================================

Author: Hassat Hunter
PM: Contact me at the Deadly Stream Forums
Name: Liskis Restoration

Filename: Liskis Restoration 1.0.rar
Date Released: 9 June 2016

1. Description:
----------
Small little added content not included in TSLRCM 1.8.5. This restores Liskis, the one who build Goto's Yacht.

What is restored/added:
* Liskis dialogue was all in the dialog.tlk. I just ordened it into a proper .dlg file.
* I've decided for myself which alien type Liskis would be since all left was text.
* Placement: Figured near the torture room was most appropriate.

2. Install:
----------
(It is highly recommended that you update your game to version 2.10 (the 1.0b update) before installing this mod. In order to be compatible with TSLRCM, TSLRCM must be installed first.)
NOTE: TSLRCM 1.8.5 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS MOD!

Extract the "Liskis Restoration" mod, taking care to insure that both the "TSLPatcher.exe" file and "tslpatchdata" folder are extracted to the same folder (these files can be extracted to any folder on your hard drive EXCEPT those within the SWKotOR2 folder hierarchy). Also note that simply copying the files within "tslpatchdata" to your "Override" folder will not properly install the mod.

Note: a new folder named "backup" will be created during insanitation within the folder the installer was run from. If you plan on uninstalling this mod this folder and the files therein must not be deleted as they are used during the uninstall process.

3. Uninstall:
----------
The files listed below may have been modified during the installation of this mod:

Within "Modules"
351NAR.mod

Within "LIPS"
351NAR.mod

Backups of any file that was altered were made during insanitation and placed in a folder called "backup" within the folder the installer was run from.
1) To uninstall the mod, open your "Override" folder, located here "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Overide" by default, and delete ONLY the files listed above under the "Override" heading. It may be easiest to find these files by selecting “View” from the toolbar then “Arrange icons by” then “Modified”. This will sort the files by when they were last modified. The files installed by this mod should be grouped together; however, double check that anything you delete is indeed listed above.
2) Next open the "backup" folder that was created during installation and replace the files listed above under each heading with the files contained within. If a file listed above is missing from the "backup" folder, don't worry, it was not present before the install and it does not have to be replaced.

4. Bugs:
----------
There are no known issues that will develop as a result of installing this mod.

5. Distribution Notes:
----------
This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author. This is just so I know what is being done with it. If you have questions contact me at deadlystream.com/forum/

6. Thanks:
----------
My thanks go out to:
The TSLRCM team... whom whichout I wouldn't become interested in modding TSL, and thus wasting so much on my time on frivilous mods...

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Click here to download this file

Looks pretty cool! I'll be trying this out soon

Any chance of this being included in a TSLRCM update?

Possibly, if overwhelming positive as so to convince Zbyl it's not against Goto's principles to have actual meatbags help him out sometime, other than assassination.

Am I missing something? I've never heard of this character before. An internet search only points to this download with this post. (And some random Japanese artist's twitter account) Is this an inside joke between the TSLRCM team? I am so confused??? :huh:

Zbyl thought the yacht was complete as-is. I thought that it should be released as a mod - at the very least - to gauge interest. I personally don't think it's necessary in the next version of TSLRCM but if you want to see something cut, it's a nice option to have.

Am I missing something? I've never heard of this character before. An internet search only points to this download with this post. (And some random Japanese artist's twitter account) Is this an inside joke between the TSLRCM team? I am so confused??? :huh:

We only found out about the character ourselves a couple of weeks ago. I don't think anyone ever discovered his dialog before that. He never even had a DLG file, just some lines in dialog.tlk.

Me and HH talked about including him in TSLRCM but I was against it.

We only found out about the character ourselves a couple of weeks ago. I don't think anyone ever discovered his dialog before that. He never even had a DLG file, just some lines in dialog.tlk.

Me and HH talked about including him in TSLRCM but I was against it.

Sounds like some sort of easter egg left by Obsidian, or a fun plot thread that everyone on the team forgot. I guess someone's going to have to amend the TSL cut content article on Wikipedia. ;)

Hello Hassat, it has been a while since I posted anything in these parts, what with my new job and new house... But I just thought I'd give you some insight on a little something. I know Disney is turning Star Wars into a whole lot of crap, and it seems they destroy continuity and logic at every opportunity, but here's what I got: I feel like the Trandoshan is not very suited to be the one who "build" the ship. Trandoshans are notorious for being hunters, maybe pilots? But I don't think building would be their strong suit. Now TSL and Kotor would have us believe that Wookies are kind of simpletons rustic people. However, I know for a fact that their people produced great engineers and that they have a knack for technology. I think a Wookie engineer would be an interesting twist to this. I don't know if Linksis's lines are voiced, but I can say that there have been occurences of wookies that had to learn to speak as slaves, so that would fit too. Also, you could go for another race that builds ships: Duro, Sullustan, humans...

• Like 1

Well, who formed the Sorosuub ship company? I’m not sure what the base design pattern of the ship is, but it definitely doesn’t fit the standard Mandal motors or Correllian design. It sort of leans more to the oft forgotten Sorosuub ship design…so Sullustan engineers would probably fit better.

The luxury yacht 5000, for example - it kind of looks similar to the G0-T0 yacht.

post-19611-0-79392500-1465728224_thumb.jpg

Quarren would be fitting. They build ships too and are definetly present in the Exchange (which might actually be a reason not to use them...)

I think we deal with enough Quarren on Nar Shaddaa though, given Visquis, Saquesh, and then even going back to Telos, Slusk. It would get a bit tiring

I think we deal with enough Quarren on Nar Shaddaa though, given Visquis, Saquesh, and then even going back to Telos, Slusk. It would get a bit tiring

I agree with this sentiment.

Don't think it would make sense. The one Bith on Nar Shaddaa gives you that quest because some frequencies have been bugging him lately, and it's implied they come from G0-T0's Yacht. So a Bith in there would just have his head explode

Me too^^ But using another Twi'lek would also be super boring.

Agree here, too. Way too many generic green male Twi'leks as it is. Not as bad as the first game, but still

Honestly, I feel a Trandoshan really isn't that bad a choice

Can't say I'd object to a Duros. Love their voice filter and all

lol maybe this is why Liskis was cut. Obsidian couldn't figure out what species to make him