146 replies to this topic

#141 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Then I'll look at the source code for TSLPatcher tonight and see what it does before it installs the files.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#142 LiliArch

LiliArch

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Funny thing is, I'm quite sure I once managed to trigger an Unhandler Error with TSLPatcher, but for the life of me, I can't recall what I did. I'm pretty sure it was something crazy simple, and it might or might not be relevant, but alas... if my memory fails to serve me, there's not much I can do about it.

Of course there is always the chance that Win 10 screws some library. What it was written with, anyway? c++?

BFix0.gif
Lady Arch, the Carrier of Northern Nights, the Harbinger of Iriaz and the Dark Lord of Orth.

#143 Aavara

Aavara

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

I cant install this because 9 zip asks for a password at 83%

can anyone help/provide an already unzipped version?

from what i can tell, only the installer (exe file) is password protected, but as the only way to install is to use the exe file, I cant use the mod.

if there is a way to install/add the data without the exe file please tell me.

#144 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

It really shouldn't be password protected. Maybe try and redownload the mod. Or use something else like WinRar to unzip it?

#145 LiliArch

LiliArch

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Does it ask you password when you try to unpack it, or are you attempting to run the installer from the packaged file? If it is the former, something is very wrong; (I would personally recommend 7-zip for unpacking, but I may be biased) - if it is the latter, it may be simply because the installer needs to run with adming priviledges, in which case Windows (not the patcher!) may ask the password of your computer's admin user.

You did download it from Deadly Stream, right?

BFix0.gif
Lady Arch, the Carrier of Northern Nights, the Harbinger of Iriaz and the Dark Lord of Orth.

#146 spacej

spacej

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:36 AM

Finished this game with K1R about a month ago, Lashowe seems to be immortal if you try to fight her outside the Sith ruins, and you can't finish the K1R exclusive Pazaak tournament; you can't challenge the Champion to a game, and if you lose to the droid player (the last guy you can play if I remember correctly), the announcer will give you your payout infinite times instead of just once like he should.

#147 Aavara

Aavara

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 AM

Does it ask you password when you try to unpack it, or are you attempting to run the installer from the packaged file? If it is the former, something is very wrong; (I would personally recommend 7-zip for unpacking, but I may be biased) - if it is the latter, it may be simply because the installer needs to run with adming priviledges, in which case Windows (not the patcher!) may ask the password of your computer's admin user.

You did download it from Deadly Stream, right?

Thank you, 7-zip worked perfectly.

For anyone else who has the password problem, use 7-zip with many thanks to LiliArch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users