146 replies to this topic

#21 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:36 PM

FS: That could be the case. I'm a bit ignorant of K1R's machinations.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#22 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:07 AM

Actually he's probably referring to the Vulkar Base Sublevel option in the K1R TSL Patcher installer. Meant to be done After K1R Main has been installed.

Exactly. I meant Iriaz and Vulkar Base from K1R installer (yes, they were indeed installed after K1R main and before any other mods)

#23 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:22 AM

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've found a truly game breaking bug now

Same information as above, so I won't waste your time reposting that

I warped to get the accelerator, same glitch as before, so I had to side with the Vulkars, etc. But here's the real kicker

So I go to Kashyyyk. Jolee kills the Katarns and then the next fight with the Kinrath begins. Then afterwards, he never goes to his hut. In fact, if you try to interact with him, the camera moves to where he fought the Katarns and the game soft locks

One could warp to get to the other area of the Shadowlands, but I believe in the Unknown Temple, this makes the game uncompletable because Jolee is needed for the script to continue once you get to Bastilla there

To be honest. the "restoration" of the Kinrath fight really feels unnecessary. Getting rid of it, or at least relegating it to an optional install, would certainly prevent this sort of thing

EDIT: Just tried from an earlier save. This time, the Kinrath didn't even spawn! Jolee again stood still with the same results. Tried again and, oddly, that seems to be the only result I'm getting now. Very, very strange. I'll try on my Win 7 computer this weekend

#24 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:25 AM

I found a similar thing. After the fight, Jolee didn't go to his hut, but I could still talk to him and get him to join me.

#25 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:04 AM

...I am really starting to hate Jolee, which sucks since I like the old geezer. :(

I will eventually work on this and maybe re-do it yet again. If this happens, I know just the two people to call and say, "Test this!"

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#26 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

So I Think I found two bugs on Dantooine

* The first one is there are 5 Hostile Iriaz near the area where you first encoubter Kath Hounds and there hostile (And I didn't install the iriaz part)

*The second one is if I lure a Kath hound into the enclave it doesn't attack any of the NPC's nor do they attack it, but it certainley likes to eat the Repiblic Security force and even worse they Just let it happen they don't even fight back and when they die they drop clothing variant 2 and a blaster now (I know that isn't restored content thats a bug)

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? When you first enter the Dantooine Courtyard

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2) Yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? Steam
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) N/A
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file? No
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) None
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? The first one is there are 5 Hostile Iriaz near the area where you first encoubter Kath Hounds and there hostile (And I didn't install the iriaz part), The second one is if I lure a Kath hound into the enclave it doesn't attack any of the NPC's nor do they attack it, but it certainley likes to eat the Repiblic Security force and even worse they Just let it happen they don't even fight back and when they die they drop clothing variant 2 and a blaster now (I know that isn't restored content thats a bug)

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? No

9) Have you tried using a different save game? Yes
10) Have you tried starting a new game? Yes
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 10
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game? N/A

#27 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

I mentioned the same thing earlier about Kath Hounds attacking the sentries while neither they nor the Jedi there gave a damn. It's actually pretty funny

As for that other thing.... that's very strange. Are they attacking you or are they simply marked as enemies you can attack and kill?

#28 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

I mentioned the same thing earlier about Kath Hounds attacking the sentries while neither they nor the Jedi there gave a damn. It's actually pretty funny

As for that other thing.... that's very strange. Are they attacking you or are they simply marked as enemies you can attack and kill?

They do attack me and I can attack and successfully kill them. it only appears to be this one group though I haven't checked the rest of Dantooine

#29 aleph01

aleph01

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

Ditto to the above re: Jolee and the cutscene bug. I have read elsewhere that a similar problem crops up because two mods are using kas24_jolee_01.dlg ; except that this mod doesn't contain that file, and it's not in my Override folder. 

Aside from that, can't say I've noticed any other major bugs, but I sorta rushed through Taris cos I hate it, lol

#30 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

The file is found in kas_m24aa.mod in the modules folder.

I see I'm going to have to re-do this content again in a better way, so when I get around to working on K1R, I'll be asking for some testers for specifically this Jolee content...

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#31 Nosferatu-8888

Nosferatu-8888

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

Czerka employees on Korriban wear Sith uniforms? Future fixes for their original Czerka uniform?

Edit:

Game - English Version
Patch 1.03
KotOR 1 Restoration 1.2
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge 1.5
Bastila on Korriban 1.0
Party on the Leviathan! 1.1
Canon Galaxy Map
Realistic Visual Effects
High Quality Blasters 1.0
Davik's Upgradable Armor Mod 1.0
Dantooine Training Lightsabers 1.0
Prequel Robe Replacement 1.0
Teta's Royal Band Restored
Vanilla Masks Overhaul 0.9
High Quality Skyboxes 1.2
High Quality Starfields and Nebulas 1.2

#32 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

What other mods are you using? As I recall, the only changes to that module were in the bartender's dialog...

#33 DaMercOne

DaMercOne

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? When I first got to the Lower City on Taris.
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2) Yes.
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version? Steam.
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) N/A
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file? Fresh installation.
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) No other mods.
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? It doesn't affect gameplay so it's not a huge deal. It's a graphics bug/glitch. I've attached a picture to show.
8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod? Not yet.
9) Have you tried using a different save game? Yes.
10) Have you tried starting a new game? No.
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 10.
12) IF USING THE GOG OR 4CD VERSION: Can you confirm that you see the K1R Launcher when you launch the game? N/A

The top of the sky glitches out (as shown). Sometimes the lines show as horizontal and they form a wall essentially on the ground. Not sure what causes it. I'm assuming it's from K1R 1.2 because I've never had this appear before (several files over the years) and this is my first file with 1.2. I tried turning off vsync, turning off anti-aliasing, and turning off anisotropy. None of that did anything. 

Attached File  20160818164942_1.jpg   250.37KB   0 downloads

• jc2 likes this

#34 LiliArch

LiliArch

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

Did you try turning grass off?
BFix0.gif
Lady Arch, the Carrier of Northern Nights, the Harbinger of Iriaz and the Dark Lord of Orth.

#35 DaMercOne

DaMercOne

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:21 PM

Did you try turning grass off?

Hey good call, that worked. Thanks! I was just about to edit in another screenshot where pretty much the entire screen was covered in the lines when I left the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

#36 Ayshza

Ayshza

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

Stability/crash improvement:

just wanted do drop in and say that i found a fix for the hidden becks swoop ride crash after the twilek contacts you on the comlink, just open swkotor.ini and add into the [Graphics options] the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1.

It solves more than that, apparently, since my game is more stable and does not crash as often as before  Apparently newer graphics cards from nvidia create a conflict with some files from this game and this line solves that.

Hope it helps :D

PS: i should mention that from what i have read this should improve stability for TSL as well

#37 seph6

seph6

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I have found some bugs since instaling both versions.

First: in Taris Rukil forgets that you already gave the news about his apprentice's death, this makes possible to gain infinite exp every time you say that you found the first journal. This happens since the 1.1 version

Second: in Korriban, if you fight Lashowe she will be invencible, there is no way to defeat her. Also it seems that there some dialogues missing, like when you ask about the star map to the mechanic, and Yuthura wont ask about your companions.

#38 Ethran

Ethran

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

FOR K1R

1. This occurred before I could get the game running.

2. Yes

3. Steam

4. Yes

5. Original installation

6. None

7. TSL patcher with the mod returns "An uhandled error occurred" when selecting "Yes" to install

8. Yes

9. There are no save games

10. I couldn't get it to install, so there wouldn't be much point.

11. Win10 (64)

12. N/A

#39 verb8im

verb8im

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:03 AM

Got the Jolee bug as well.  Killed the kinraths and he just stood there, clicked on him, went to cutscene where nothing happened, and had to force quit just to get out of it.  I installed 1.2 again just in case I hadn't, still happened.  Any word on if this is trying to be fixed?

#40 NickPLG

NickPLG

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:24 AM

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

During installation

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.2)

yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the K1R's read-me file?

Yes.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site.

(We don't actually know them all!.)

NPC Overhaul

http://deadlystream....c-overhaul-mod/

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

installing restoration mod and somehow I got this warning:

"The installer is finished but 9 warnings were encountered! The mod may or may not be properly installed. Please check the progress log for further details."

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Yes.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

Yes.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 8.1

Hi everyone! Just heard about the restoration mod and decided to install Kotor and just like everyone else I missed the game and wanted to go down the trip of memory lane. 

But anyway, installing restoration mod and somehow I got this warning:

"The installer is finished but 9 warnings were encountered! The mod may or may not be properly installed. Please check the progress log for further details."

What does this mean anyways? I did check the options menu and it seems like impossible difficulty was there but there's nothing signifying everything has been successfully installed. Game works fine too. What should I do? Thanks much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users