Box

Any Interest in a Quickie Turret Mod?

So one of the things I'm aiming for in my not-upcoming mod is the ability to set your own allied turrets. Basically you set the turret like a mine and then use a spell activation item called a turret controller to build or break down the turret. This has no relation to the turret minigame, I'm talking about dynamically spawning in allied turret creatures similar to those you face throughout the game.

Similar to the flamethrower mod I made, I'm considering releasing this piece as a quick standalone for TSL. This is to help identify any problems that placing creatures into arbitrary places in the game could cause.

So I'm making this thread to gauge interest. Would you play this mod? Before you say yes, I'm asking if you are actually going to install it and try it out in a reasonable time frame. It would be for TSL and would work without having to use a fresh save. I'm not asking you to test anything specific, but if you do use it and something unexpected happens, I'd ask that you let me know about it.

With that said, respond in this thread if you are interested. If you have questions about the details of what this mod would be, ask them here.

So one of the things I'm aiming for in my not-upcoming mod is the ability to set your own allied turrets. Basically you set the turret like a mine and then use a spell activation item called a turret controller to build or break down the turret. This has no relation to the turret minigame, I'm talking about dynamically spawning in allied turret creatures similar to those you face throughout the game.

Similar to the flamethrower mod I made, I'm considering releasing this piece as a quick standalone for TSL. This is to help identify any problems that placing creatures into arbitrary places in the game could cause.

So I'm making this thread to gauge interest. Would you play this mod? Before you say yes, I'm asking if you are actually going to install it and try it out in a reasonable time frame. It would be for TSL and would work without having to use a fresh save. I'm not asking you to test anything specific, but if you do use it and something unexpected happens, I'd ask that you let me know about it.

With that said, respond in this thread if you are interested. If you have questions about the details of what this mod would be, ask them here.

define 'reasonable'?? Im on break in three weeks, I would play around with it than, sounds cool

That's sounds fine. It'll take me some amount of time to make the mod as well.

• Like 1

So yeah this didn't really come together.

Basically, I thought I had the turret AI figured out. I did not.