Salk

[KotOR] Rancor and Krayt Dragon bodies

What would the Rancor armour look like? Brown? Hint of black? Could it have a Rancor insignia?

It would look like Rancor skin. Heck, I don’t know if it would have a rancor insignia, but it would be noticeable. Rancor hides are pretty tough, so making robes or armor out of them would give them a unique look. Putting a logo on it kind of doesn’t really fit too well in my mind anyway, of what is usually in star wars. And I’m not sure there are any well known rancor leather crafters embossing local swoop bike colors on rancor jackets or anything.

I guess I will have to brain storm.

I don’t think that is possible in the game engine

It's quite possible to implement a wall trophy model in the EH as a placeable spawned by a script. In order to only get it to spawn after a quest though, you'd presumably have to use a plot flag or something. Someone more knowledgeable about scripts would have to chime in about the feasibility of that.

• Like 1

well that is a relief, i forgot about spawning in the ship, such as the stowaway, similar idea i guess. so that would make both the trophies possible. rancor mounted head and the krayt dragon skull.

In the worst case you could just use a trigger in the entrance area of the Ebon Hawk that triggers a script checking for the quest progress / a global set when destroying the remains and then spawns the placeable.

Not sure how that would work with the Rancor though since you don't have the Ebon Hawk at that point.

And if someone were to make this trophy mod I'd suggest also including the Terentarek from Kashyyyk.

Well, it could just trigger at a later point, maybe once you get on Tatooine and visit a certain vendor who can then convert the rancor head to a trophy. I think most of these items would have to be converted anyway to be of any use. Not like you can keep carrying around a carcass like that forever. So for instance for the Rancor, you would get two or more hides, a couple of teeth and some claws, and then the head. For the Krayt dragon you could get the hide and the skull or maybe even the teeth and claws too. And for the Terentarek, you would get something similar. Would be an interesting mod for sure with trophies. Not really lore friendly but certainly something different.

I guess that could be what you call it, but a vendor more or less. The idea is you have to sell the raw items, and then you get something useful in its place. So for the head, it gets turned into a trophy, you have to sell the head and buy the trophy. Same for the teeth. Sell the teeth and then get the useful items, like a lightsaber hilt. Sell the claws and then have to buy the razor claw melee weapons. Too instantaneous for a real taxidermy simulation, but about the only way I can think of is possible. They could sell other items as well, but it might just be easier to make them strictly a taxidermist or craftsman.

couldn't it be made more like a quest? you give them the items as a dialogue option, they tell you to come by later and next time the module is reloaded or something like that they have a new line about the items being ready and then you can buy them? if the merchant is an alien no need for voice overs nor anything, and it would be more immersive.

• Like 1

couldn't it be made more like a quest? you give them the items as a dialogue option, they tell you to come by later and next time the module is reloaded or something like that they have a new line about the items being ready and then you can buy them? if the merchant is an alien no need for voice overs nor anything, and it would be more immersive.

That is exactly how I was thinking. Alien or not it would still be possible this way.

• Like 1

Yeah, i was thinking alien as to not have a mute weird vendor and not having to make voice overs, but if you don't mind either of those choices humans are just as well, or some alien speaking human perhaps, i believe there is one such guy somewhere in one of the two games (besides Sasha)

I think most mods that use alien voiceovers get a lot of ridicule, but I don’t mind using alien vendors, and Tatooine would be a good place for an alien vendor. I don’t mind voiceovers either, but it has a lot to do with the quality of the recording.

I don't really meant recording alien voice over, but using the in game alien dialogues, it's not like they're actually saying anything, so you can use their generic alien dialogue to make them say anything you want without extra work, where voice over do need to make good quality recording, and depending on the voices can feel pretty out of place (i remember some mods with voice overs where it kind of broke immersion every time i heard a voice that somehow didn't fit in with the game general audio feeling...)

Im pretty sure i can pull it off with the right recording. I eventually want to do some huttese VO dialogue too for a mod later. I would also like to try some droid voiceovers too. Not yet though.

or some alien speaking human perhaps, i believe there is one such guy somewhere in one of the two games (besides Sasha)

The janitor in the Korriban academy in K1.

With the Krayt dragon at least it might have been intended that after bashing it there were smaller remains left from which you extracted the pearl. But as others have said, there's also the fact that they can be right in the way thanks to the solid corpses. The rancor in particular seems to have a tendency to crumple in just the right spot to block the bloody doorway.

As far as a Rancor head trophy in the Ebon Hawk, I think the simplest way to do that would be to make it a permanent scenery feature that behaves like a sign or other "dumb" object (where all you can do is examine it to make a word bubble pop up), and have it spawn along with the various containers.