Sign in to follow this  
DarthParametric

Gamefront closing down on April 30

It had to happen eventually. ): We have complete backups of JK2/JK3 files via MrWonko. I hope we can create similar backups for Kotor/TSL. 

A relevant quote I found while researching this topic for a video:

"Hi, I'm a member of a group called the ArchiveTeam which archives websites that are about to close. We actually put GameFront on our deathwatch list last year after they stopped posting news updates. Late last year we scraped the files they were hosting and every file that we've saved (which should be the vast majority of them) is available through the Internet Archive WayBack Machine (for example: Web.archive.org). That's not to say that you shouldn't make your own archives of content you care about (you definitely should!) but rest assured that there is a backup if all else fails." -Mr.Radar 

I tried to hotlink to the comment but failed to. That being said... download whatever you can.

It had to happen eventually. ): We have complete backups of JK2/JK3 files via MrWonko. I hope we can create similar backups for Kotor/TSL. 

Actually, from what I remember when I found MrWonko archive page - he said he wasn't able to fully backup the site, but had started doing so two weeks before closure because he felt that could happen soon. Though he didn't expect it to happen THAT soon.

Point is, he didn't manage to save the whole thing, but he did get most of the mods I remembered.