Sith Holocron

[April Fool's] An Exciting Mod to Appear on Deadly Stream Soon!

I'm excited we're bringing a beloved yet controversial mod to the hallowed halls of Deadly Stream . . .

Cathalan!

To quote Jaevyn's original description of the mod:

The mod is highly ambitious and quite difficult, that being said I have made things easier for myself in some respects by making up a planet which has given me free intellectual reign over the content. The beauty about that is that it doesn't limit me to Star Wars canon, though I will follow it as closely as possible.

The planet itself is separated into 10 different modules, each module uses an existing module from the game, re-tweaked to make it look different and unique. The mod will also add Cathalan to the map and will feature a lot of human geographical concepts woven into the story. That way I hope to capture more than just the story, but also the setting, allowing people to identify with the planet's residents and understand the workings of its society.

- 2 unique ambient music tracks
- 2 unique battle music tracks
- More chances to increase/decrease your influence with your companions
- Greater chances to earn lightside/darkside experience
- 2 puzzles to be solved
- 2 NEW lightsaber crystals based on Star Wars canon
- 1 NEW Jedi Robe based on Star Wars canon
- Hidden quests and rewards based on their subsequent completion
- New merchants selling a variety of items
- Easily applied customized textures for the High Level
- Over 5 hours of additional gameplay

Here are some screenshots:

JelAl.png

SyEBr.png

HI08Ae4.gif

Jaevyn is updating his mod package so it will work well with TSLRCM but he didn't want you to be completely without something to use today.  Click here to get an item that was previously exclusive to the Gold Edition to download! Let's celebrate the premiere of Cathalan on Deadly Stream!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He must have agreed to remove the copyrighted music as well? I remember that being a point of contention with the original release.

You know, beyond the obvious

• Like 2

I thought the Gold Edition item he included was a nice gesture.

I thought you were joking. It's actually interesting.

Well isn't that just great!

A new planet mod=New content, :)

Awesome, I'm quite excited, however, the problem with mods like this, is party members can't give their two cents on the planet. Nor can they comment on what is going on, (unless he takes already existing lines and re-arranges them), either way, still excited.

• Like 1

So is this really happening, or is it another April Fool's joke?

There is an actual download link right now. You should honestly check it out. when you have a chance

• Thanks 1

I thought you were joking. It's actually interesting.

I'm with you. I honestly thought SH was going to have fun when he shouted "APRIL FOOL'S!!!"

• Like 1

I'm with you. I honestly thought SH was going to have fun when he shouted "APRIL FOOL'S!!!"

See??? That's why I hate april fools, especially on the internet. You never know when someone is talking seriously. :realmad:

Nice mod though, very impressive.

• Like 1

See??? That's why I hate april fools, especially on the internet. You never know when someone is talking seriously. :realmad:

Maybe people should just wait until the next day to post anything significant.

Though to be fair, this thread was actually started yesterday. I just didn't see it until today, and it seemed suspect...

• Haha 2

Shouting it would be ever-so rude. The mod was actually started yesterday but then I immediately hid the thread until 3AM [EST]. (I was starting it up at midnight for those on the west coast of the U.S.)

Yes, indeed this is an April Fool's joke. We wouldn't be having Cathalan here for two major reasons:

1) Jaevyn is pretty much an asshat. (This opinion statement is made solely by me and is not necessarily representative of the rest of the Deadly Stream staff.)

2) The mod has numerous songs that the mod author didn't have the rights to include (but not limited to) the following artists. Queen, Hans Zimmer, Cliff Martinez, Kyle Gabler, Marco Beltrami, and Jody Talbot.

In addition, there's major incompetence throughout the mod. The mocking the mod usually gets for the orange - on all characters both inside and outside and the oversaturated skybox - is well deserved.

S1kVjSQ.png

There's also the spelling errors. One was even on the announcement thread.

TPlv4xA.png

I had to spell check the announcement above too!

But SH - what about that Gold Edition download? I thought that meant it was genuine. Did you look closely at it though? Here it is at full size.

HI08Ae4.gif

(I've finally slowed down this GIF. This should closer to the speed that it show up as in the game but obviously, it's much smaller as a monitor.)

BTW, the read me that accompanies the file does let on that it's a April Fool's Joke.

Still wondering what it plays like even with all of the derision I've just poured on it?  Check out VP's video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVJrSPOWM2U

Xuul has also done live playthroughs of the mod on two of his live streams. If you're interested in having him put together a video, let him know. (Maybe he can grab the footage from his playthroughs, slap on a title sequence, and have done with it.)

Thanks for the interest and happy April Fool's Day!

Update: 10APR2016 [9;30 PM EST] - The link to the Gold Edition download now leads to my Galaxy Map package which includes the April Fool's material in a separate folder.

I honestly was reserving judgement considering all of the contention from most folks here.. However, this was a well done joke! :D

BTW, I like the new Avatar, SH. ;)

• Thanks 1

I really thought this part would've been the give away . . .

Cathalan!

Because the over-the-top orangeness of it.

Now that April Fool's is over, please remember that Cathalan discussions are once again verboten - as per the previous warning listed in this thread.

I had thought it might be an April Fool's joke, but had been convinced otherwise by people who had apparently been convinced by it as well...

I guess mainly because it took so long for it to be revealed as one as opposed to others that I've seen today, and it also wasn't an obvious one...

• Thanks 1