Sign in to follow this  
Antonia

Everything's better with tentacles...

No, this isn't hentai. :P

Released today: Day of the Tentacle (Remastered) Steam/GoG

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388210/

https://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

Figured I'd toss a heads' up for any old fans of this little gem (like me), or for any of the 'new kids' who may not have played it back in the day.

If you can stand side-scroll, scene-based 2D point-and-click adventure/puzzle games at all, you should really check this out. Just don't cheat yourself of the fun and discovery by using a guide except/unless you *really* get stuck somewhere. Way more fun trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to be doing, and lots of little random bits of humor you'd miss if you just take the 'shortest path' to the finish line.

Cewl, not my type of thing but I'm glad to see things like this restored.

It looks like the Monkey Island remaster was rather good, so I hope this continues that trend.

Personally, I've only ever heard reviews for these games (as they were kind of off of my radar),

but from the what I heard, they were fantastic games; artifacts of Lucasarts' bygone era when they took risks without relying on the Starwars license (And weren't killing studios just because they had to make Holiday sales or some sort of market figure)..