sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

DXUN - Can't leave Ebon Hawk on arrival

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Right now.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.4 and 1.2 respectively) We only provide assistance for the most current version of those mods.

It is a Steam workshop subscription of both TSLRCM & M4-78, they should both be the latest versions -- up to date.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

These should be fresh installs -- base game installed on my laptop around October last year, unplayed. Mods installed not that long ago.

6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

I have custom mod work, nothing that should relate to Dxun -- as it is all Override only, renaming this folder and starting prior to travelling for the first time to Onderon via the Galaxy map, still leads to this bug.

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

There appear to be 2 errors here, the first has to do with this prompted dialogue option:

swkotor2-2016-03-21-20-55-13.jpg

Picking the first option takes you to a black screen, where you can still clearly hear the ship in the background -- the required module hasn't been loaded it appears.

Picking the second to circumvent it, and then picking all the options until you are free to leave the ship, results in the same black screen after you have promoted to confirm your party choices.

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

No, that option sucks-arse! Plus, this is a NEW and clean install.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Tried an earlier saves, still didn't work.

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

Well, that a lot of playing to get to a point that I can actually travel to Dxun.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 8.1 (still).

12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

Well no, but only because I removed it so that I could see my own custom one ;).

13) What language is your game set for?

English.

14) Which language of TSLRCM are you using?

English.

Verify your files.

If you mean list ALL my mod files in the override folder, well, I'm not going to list 2,150 files for you, especially as with me renaming the override folder to something else, takes them out of the equation. Also, I have no other mod files installed into other folders, like modules -- it is all just Override folder on my laptop.

I've done that, moved back the appearance and head 2DA files back into their TSLRCM and M478 workshop folders, started from an earlier save, and, still get the same problem.

Now that said, the first opportunity I get, I will be reinstalling everything, in case when the game was sitting on my laptop, Steam didn't update it properly. When I do, I'll update the situation.

FYI: I'll try and see if I can use an existing save game to do so, without, any of my mod files installed yet; I'll also attempt to first do so without installing either TSLRCM or M478, then with TSLRCM installed, then finally with BOTH installed. Just to see which one if any triggers it.

Cool your jets, SIC...

Hassat Hunter said to "Verify your files", which he assumed you understood since you're using the Steam version of the game. If you right-click the game in your Steam library, go to the Properties, and check in the Local Files tab, a button should be there saying "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...".

This will cause Steam to verify your files and make sure nothing's corrupted.

Too late, Steam's reinstalling the base game now... 

The thought crossed my mind to check if that's what you meant, but, I installed the game late last year and can't quite recollect when I installed TSLRCM and whether it all updated properly.

Best option is just a clean install, especially as I'm at work and can do it all in the background -- it won't hurt none to be thorough ;).

So, to cut a long story of incremental installs and testing, it appears that the base game itself may not have properly updated by Steam -- my recollection it said it had and at least went through the usual Steam motions of doing so.

First time I installed my mod, there was no Override folder. This time around I found an Override folder with a bunch of files -- likes mostly like GUI stuff to do with controllers, seem to recall the last update included this stuff.

Problem solved.

Verifying files does just that- check if the game is properly installed and if not, download the corrupt/missing files.

Considering a re-install fixed it, verifying your files probably would have done the trick as well, since there's not much difference between those 2.

Actually, it would have said there were problem files regardless, considering it will also "verify" your ini file as well. I also had some other files that were removed or renamed too, that it would have persisted to reinstall even though I don't want it too. 

Verifying only really works if your install is pristine, not if it is "correct." It's kind of a useless tool as is in my opinion.