Xuul

Kotor Apeiron

I will give $100 to first three people to like this post if Apeiron is actually finished and released within next 5 years. I've been around wannabe game devs long enough to know overambitious project when I see one.

Like numero uno, coming right up

On 8/6/2016 at 12:23 AM, zbyl2 said:

I will give $100 to first three people to like this post if Apeiron is actually finished and released within next 5 years. I've been around wannabe game devs long enough to know overambitious project when I see one.

Sithspectre, Goat and Kexikus, welcome to the competition. Someone dig this post up in 5 years because I'm likely to forget what Apeiron is by then :P

• Like 2

Someone dig this post up in 5 years because I'm likely to forget what apeiron is by then :P

I forget what it is every day until I see someone else saying something else about it. Not important enough to remember.

• Like 1

I might get excommunicated for this, but I pop in to development streams they have when I can. It's actually pretty interesting, seeing the progress. Not surprising how "ehh, you know" they get when it comes to the legality of the project

On 8/7/2016 at 9:03 PM, 134340Goat said:

I might get excommunicated for this, but I pop in to development streams they have when I can. It's actually pretty interesting, seeing the progress. Not surprising how "ehh, you know" they get when it comes to the legality of the project

Hey I do too. I ask them about the game mechanics and they ignore me. Then i ask them stupid q's and they respond 😕 like wtf?

On 8/7/2016 at 9:03 PM, 134340Goat said:

You are hereby excommunicated :P

On 8/7/2016 at 9:31 PM, Haveayap said:

Hey I do too. I ask them about the game mechanics and they ignore me. Then i ask them stupid q's and they respond 😕 like wtf?

One of the many reasons that I think that particular developer is a total knob.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2016 at 9:54 PM, VarsityPuppet said:

You are hereby excommunicated :P

One of the many reasons I think that particular developer is a total knob.

The dev still gets mad when you say stuff like... 'wow, nice star trek game' or confusing Tatooine for Dantooine and stuff like that. He's such a child.

On 8/7/2016 at 10:02 PM, Haveayap said:

The dev still gets mad when you say stuff like... 'wow, nice star trek game' or confusing Tatooine for Dantooine and stuff like that. He's such a child.

say

Goading him on like that is kind of childish in itself, though...

• Like 1

Hey i do to. I ask them about the game mechanics and they ignore me. Than i ask them stupid qs and they respond :/ like wtf?

He's more likely to respond if you tag him. He usually does unless like five people at once tag him

From what I know, he's recreating the d20 system the base game uses to the T. Somehow I doubt it'll be an exact copy, at least to the more complicated aspects like criticals and all that

He's more likely to respond if you tag him. He usually does unless like five people at once tag him

From what I know, he's recreating the d20 system the base game uses to the T. Somehow I doubt it'll be an exact copy, at least to the more complicated aspects like criticals and all that

Except he's not the one doing any of that work. Apparently there's some other guy working on the AI and all that boring coding stuff.

You know - nothing important.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2016 at 11:14 PM, 134340Goat said:

I've seen no evidence of that what so ever, have they even worked out the kinks, how it will all work together? Have they even attempted any of this thus far? So many questions, and it isn't as easy as randomly placing placeables than saying that's an area... and I hope they have a plan B like frontwire studios do if Disney shuts them down. Those are just some of the questions and issues that I have with Apeiron.

Gotta say, what they have MODELED at least is doubtlessly beautiful. I wouldn't mind a mode you could just wander around and take it all in

Except he's not the one doing any of that work. Apparently there's some other guy working on the AI and all that boring coding stuff.

You know - nothing important.

This is perhaps relevant, but

I remember a team project I worked on where the team had one guy do all of the coding and AI behavior (and basically anything to do with setting up the game engine); It did not end well...

Did they see what happened to Galaxy in Turmoil?

http://frontwirestudios.com/the-future-of-galaxy-in-turmoil/

And that was only supposed to be based on Battlefront. A complete remake of a game is going to no doubt get a call from Lucasfilm. If what happened to those guys doesn't stop these guys, then only the phone call itself will.

Except that Galaxy in Turmoil would be competing with Battlefront, AFAIK there are no upcoming licensed SW RPGs that Apeiron would get in the way of.

On 8/9/2016 at 1:43 AM, Dastardly said:

Except that Galaxy in Turmoil would be competing with Battlefront, AFAIK there are no upcoming licensed SW RPGs that Apeiron would get in the way of.

I'm pretty sure they announced one at E3? Or am I mistaken?

Not an RPG. More an action/adventure sort of thing in an open world/semi-open world. Think something like Uncharted but with a Star Wars flavour, in the same vein 1313 was originally pitched as.

VjwT9mO.gif

So I guess Battlefront 3 getting C&D'd by EA means we won't be seeing any mods recreating the cancelled KOTOR 3, either.

Mods are fine... games by themselves

... not soo much

Pretty sure they've hinted at a new Bioware RPG, haven't they? I know they've been treating the new SWTOR expansions as such, but I'm fairly certain there was confirmation of a new Bioware SW game slated for the future.

Either way, its not really about competition. It's something they could be capitalising on, but have decided not to. It's their brand, their IP.

Not only that, but they have a contract with EA for them to deliver SW games. Lucasfilm asked EA if they'd bring in the indie studio doing Galaxy in Turmoil, because LF was willing to negotiate a deal, but EA can't just randomly bring in another studio under their publishing. That's a huge deal.

Same would go for the people behind Apeiron.

Is it really competition if one of the 'competitors' is in fact devoid of many internal organs and limbs?

• Like 1

Is it really competition if one of the 'competitors' is in fact devoid of many internal organs and limbs?

Sick burn m8

I don't think EA would bring Frontwire Studios on board and undermine their entire BF development staff.

And Poem Studios, perhaps they are allowed to exist because as of yet, nothing they've posted even looks like KOTOR.

And Poem Studios, perhaps they are allowed to exist because as of yet, nothing they've posted even looks like KOTOR.

It might not look like KotOR, but they did get a fair bit of traction and gathered a crowd of ignorant people (next person I see calling the game a "mod" gets shot) to support it. Like previously stated, they'll probably shutdown if and when they actually get some proper gameplay.