Masirimso24

Request for Another Canonical Revan Head :)

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site :D I recently read and finished The Old Republic: Revan, and before I begin playing The Old Republic MMORPG, I wanted to replay both Knights of the Old Republic and The Sith Lords as canonically as possible. Soldier-Consular class, green single bladed lightsaber (despite what the Galactic Timeline videos show, Revan had a purple lightsaber during the Mandalorian Wars as the comics show and a green lightsaber after his mind wipe as The Old Republic: Revan shows), and of course, the head of Revan.

Varsity Puppet's canonical head is amazing, but as the novel explains, Revan had a full beard during the Jedi Civil War, but shaved it soon afterwards. There is also no indication that the long hair we associate with Revan was short during the Jedi Civil War.

[On a side note, I read in a post in Lucasforums that "The Old Republic: Revan" explains that the Jedi Council cut his hair short after his capture, but I remember no such explanation. Could someone point me in the right direction (to find where this explanation is written) if this is true?]

Anyway, I also like the bearded mullet man head by Darth Parametric, but this face is just a bearded version of it: It doesn't resemble TOR Revan. So it wouldn't be right for me to use it in a canonical run either.

I'm no modder, but I tried to mix VarsityPuppet's face and the bearded mullet man face, using PMHC04 (I hope there is no problem in doing so). The results were just... disturbing:

wtf%20is%20this_zpsk451aw2e.png

As you can see, the nose, the ears, the moustache that bridges the beard and the mouth are very glitchy. You can probably tell I have no idea how to properly edit the faces and make them look good :D

So, as you may have already guessed, my request is for you to mix VarsityPuppet's face with Mullet Man and add a beard, with the color of his facial hair being black, so that it can look like how it was described in The Old Republic: Revan and The Old Republic game as well. I would really appreciate it if someone could do it for me, and probably many others too :D

Thanks very much in advance, and good luck  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Didn't one of the developers for TOR at one point choose the mullet man portrait as the canonical head? I remember that being quite satisfying as it was the portrait for my first characters.

Of course, if you want something different, that's perfectly fine.

Didn't one of the developers for TOR at one point choose the mullet man portrait as the canonical head? I remember that being quite satisfying as it was the portrait for my first characters.

Of course, if you want something different, that's perfectly fine.

They said it was the canonical face, but I'm not convinced. Mullet Man looks nothing like canonical Revan, because the face is much thicker, the hair is light brown, not black as it should be and there is no beard. Varsity Puppet's face is amazing, however it lacks the long black hair and (probably thick) beard that TOR: Revan says he had. That's why I asked for a long haired and bearded version of Varsity Puppet's face  :smiling:

Also, to the modders, I don't think there's any other way to give VP's face long hair and a beard without moving it to PMHC04. You might already know this, but still, I wanted to clarify because I tried to add long hair and a beard in many variations: All of them were glitchy, but I digress.

Someone already did a bearded version of VP's head, but still has short hair - http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/77

Thanks for that. It's still not what I'm looking for though... Hmm.

Darth Parametric, your work on the bearded mullet man was great. Could you merge that with VP's head for me please? Like I tried to do but failed :) ^^^^

I've done some cranial surgery and merged the meshes together, but you - or someone else - will have to add the beard. Note that because this is a quick hack job, Dark Side transitions are not possible due to using two separate textures. To use DS transitions would require remapping all the meshes so everything fits onto a single texture. You still get DS pajamas though. And because my laziness knows no bounds, I just reused the portrait from my bearded Mullet Man mod, so you'll probably want to replace that as well.

K1_Super_Mullet_Revan_01_TH.jpg K1_Super_Mullet_Revan_02_TH.jpg

http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/k1/%5BK1%5D_Super_Mullet_Man.7z

Edit VP_RevanFace.tga to add a beard. Hair colour can be changed in DP_Mullet.tga (use PMHC04.tga for original source). The portrait is PO_SuperMullet.tga.

The easiest solution would be to just use the face texture from that bearded version I linked to above. Rename their base texture PMHC01.tga to VP_RevanFace.tga and dump it in the Override (or tslpatchdata in my mod folder before you run the installer), overwriting the original.

Acknowledgement and attribution goes to VarsityPuppet for his PMHC01 modder's resource. This mod uses his model and texture.

I've done some cranial surgery and merged the meshes together, but you - or someone else - will have to add the beard. Note that because this is a quick hack job, Dark Side transitions are not possible due to using two separate textures. To use DS transitions would require remapping all the meshes so everything fits onto a single texture. You still get DS pajamas though. And because my laziness knows no bounds, I just reused the portrait from my bearded Mullet Man mod, so you'll probably want to replace that as well.

Edit VP_RevanFace.tga to add a beard. Hair colour can be changed in DP_Mullet.tga (use PMHC04.tga for original source). The portrait is PO_SuperMullet.tga.

The easiest solution would be to just use the face texture from that bearded version I linked to above. Rename their base texture PMHC01.tga to VP_RevanFace.tga and dump it in the Override (or tslpatchdata in my mod folder before you run the installer), overwriting the original.

Acknowledgement and attribution goes to VarsityPuppet for his PMHC01 modder's resource. This mod uses his model and texture.

I did what you said, and it works. However I have a few issues (damn my perfectionist brain!) Is there any way to make his hair realistic like your bearded mullet man hair, the black version? At the moment it looks unrealistically dark. Also, is there any way to brighten the skin color on his face like the VP head's actual skin color? I tried to do those to the DP_Mullet.tga file and the VP_RevanFace.tga file but it did nothing. It just added another head :( Can you please help me, if it wouldn't be much trouble?

Once it is installed you just edit the TGAs in the Override folder, you don't reinstall the mod. For the hair colour, just take your desired version of PMHC04.tga from my original bearded mullet man mod, rename it DP_Mullet.tga, and put it in the Override folder, overwriting the one that is there.

Once it is installed you just edit the TGAs in the Override folder, you don't reinstall the mod. For the hair colour, just take your desired version of PMHC04.tga from my original bearded mullet man mod, rename it DP_Mullet.tga, and put it in the Override folder, overwriting the one that is there.

Excuse me, by "I tried" I meant I already edited the files but nothing changed. I'll do as you say tonight for PMHC04.tga, I hope it'll be as I expect :)

I assumed by "added another head" that you meant you had installed the mod a second time. If not, then yes, the mod creates a new head, it doesn't override PMHC01. It's the only practical way to implement it. If you are in the middle of a playthrough you'll have to change your appearance via KSE.

I assumed by "added another head" that you meant you had installed the mod a second time. If not, then yes, the mod creates a new head, it doesn't override PMHC01. It's the only practical way to implement it. If you are in the middle of a playthrough you'll have to change your appearance via KSE.

I actually did install the mod again, though accidentally. Once I apply your suggesstion there will be three more heada in total than the official version xD I guess I could uninstall the failed attempts though :)

TSLPatcher creates a backup folder in the mod directory where it places original copies of any files it overwrites. You can simply copy and paste the 2DA files in that folder into the Override to revert one step backwards, but if you have run the installer multiple times then you will have lost the original copy of those files.

And if you need it:

KSE_Change_Appearance_TH.jpg

Soldier is large, I think scoundrel is medium, and scout is small, going by vanilla standards.

Are you guys going to add the Sith Eyes for a darkside transition or make it optional?

Note that because this is a quick hack job, Dark Side transitions are not possible due to using two separate textures. To use DS transitions would require remapping all the meshes so everything fits onto a single texture. You still get DS pajamas though.

Alternative versions with the evil versions could be done, however it will be that way from the start, no transitions. It wouldn't be natural, though if you're willing to overlook that, you could replace the VP_RevanFace.tga in the tslpatchdata folder with the dark side version of your choice (or any version you want) of VarsityPuppet's PMHC01

I am so sorry for bothering you again, but is there any way to bring Revan's skin color back to normal? At the moment it looks super dark, compared to the VP's face and the official Revan.

pc_zpsqb8iwdc7.png

Can you help me please?

The problem was the diffuse/ambient override settings for the textures. By default, NWMax doesn't expose these values for skinned meshes, only trimeshes. I forgot to edit them manually in the ASCII after exporting, so they used default values which effectively set the brightness of the textures at around 50%. This was affecting the hair as well as the face. Fixed and recompiled:

K1_Super_Mullet_Revan_03_TH.jpg

I've updated the mod file, redownload it from the link I posted earlier. I also included the dark hair texture from my original bearded mullet man mod, as seen in the above pic.

The problem was the diffuse/ambient override settings for the textures. By default, NWMax doesn't expose these values for skinned meshes, only trimeshes. I forgot to edit them manually in the ASCII after exporting, so they used default values which effectively set the brightness of the textures at around 50%. This was affecting the hair as well as the face. Fixed and recompiled:

K1_Super_Mullet_Revan_03_TH.jpg

I've updated the mod file, redownload it from the link I posted earlier. I also included the dark hair texture from my original bearded mullet man mod, as seen in the above pic.

Works perfectly, thank you so much for your help! :D

Are you going to submit your head to the Deadly Stream downloads? I'm sure a lot more people will be interested as well :)

No, it's a simple hack job for your request. It's not in a proper state for a wide release.

Alright then. I was just curious :) Thanks

Darthparametric. Would you consider re-uploading your bearded mullet man mod to either the Nexus or Deadly Stream? I can't find it anywhere.