File Name: TSL Prestige Class Saving Throw fixes

File Submitter: Rovan

File Submitted: 25 Feb 2016

File Category: Mods

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

TSL Prestige Class Saving Throw fixes - version 1.0

By Rovan

NOTE:
I’d like to suggest to any potential users to keep track of the mods you’ve installed, exactly in the order you’ve installed them in.

Description:
Prestige classes are, quite frankly, pretty fun. However, one glaring error in the game is how both the Jedi Master and the Sith Lord have terrible, terrible saving throws, especially when compared to their predecessor, the Consular. This mod aims to fix this grievous error, part of the many injustices rendered unto the Force-wielding prestige classes.

Installation:
There are two folders in this mod: one contains fixed saving throws for the Jedi Master and Sith Lord prestige classes, changing them so they at least equal the Jedi Consular’s saving throws. Drag both “cls_st_jmaster.2da” and “cls_st_sithlord.2da” into the Override folder of KoTOR 2.
The other folder contains “standardizations” for the Jedi Weapon Master and Sith Marauder prestige class saving throws, to match those of the Jedi Guardian. This portion is wholly optional, but if you wish to install this portion, drag both “cls_st_jweapmas.2da” and “cls_st_sithmar.2da” into the Override folder of KoTOR 2.
NOTE: I did not edit the Jedi Watchman or the Sith Assassin saving throws, mostly because they seemed just about right; the Watchman is more defense oriented with the best saving throws in the game, while the Assassin is more offense oriented, but with weaker saving throws than the base class, the Sentinel.

Uninstallation:
Remove “cls_st_jmaster.2da” and “cls_st_sithlord.2da” from the Override folder, and/or “cls_st_jweapmas.2da” and “cls_st_sithmar.2da” as well.

Permissions:
Do NOT reupload this to anywhere without my permission, especially the Steam Workshop.
Do NOT make any edits to this mod and re-upload it, claiming it as your own.
If you want to use this mod as part of your own mod, send me a message via any of my contact info listed below.

Credits:
Fred Tetra for making the ever so wonderful KOTOR Tool… and Rece on DeadlyStream for providing a tutorial on how to install KOTOR Tool via Wineskin! :D
Also, cheers to VarsityPuppet for being encouraging and Fair Strides for providing a ReadMe template. :v

Contact Information:
Add me on Steam at steamcommunity.com/id/rovan if you have any questions, comments, or concerns (NO PRIVATE PROFILES WILL BE ADDED). I can also be contacted here on DeadlyStream.com, where I uploaded this mod.

There should be no compatibility problems with TSLRCM whatsoever.

A note about the screenshots: I was using NiuHaka's DarkHarbinger PMHC04 Reskin at the time when I took them. That mod is not part of the mod in any shape or form.

Click here to download this file

Is there any indication from the developers that the original saving throws for Jedi Master and Sith Lord were a mistake and needed correction? Because if there is not, this is not really a fix but rather an arbitrary change, even if it might make much sense.

Just trying to understand...

Is there any indication from the developers that the original saving throws for Jedi Master and Sith Lord were a mistake and needed correction? Because if there is not, this is not really a fix but rather an arbitrary change, even if it might make much sense.

Just trying to understand...

Just trying to make the Jedi Master and Sith Lord prestige classes more appealing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, let's take a closer look at why the vanilla Jedi Master and Sith Lord aren't really that great.

Both the Weapon Master and the Marauder have lower saves than the Guardian, but not in a horribly restrictive way. Additionally, they both have access to Superior Weapon Focus: Lightsaber and Superior Two-Weapon Fighting feats.

Additionally, the Weapon Master has access to the Deflect feat tree for greater defense, and the Marauder has access to the Fury ability for greater attack capabilities (supposedly, though I heard it's bugged).

In the case of the Watchman and Assassin, I'd personally say these two are near-perfectly balanced.

The Jedi Watchman has the best saving throw progression out of all prestige and player classes (even better than the Sentinel), and has access to Sneak Attack, albeit at a slower rate than the Assassin (honestly I'm not even sure if the Watchman finishes the Sneak Attack tree).

Meanwhile, the Sith Assassin has worse saves, but faster Sneak Attack feat progression; plus, it helps that the Dark Side mastery bonus is +3 DEX.

What do the Jedi Master and Sith Lord have? They have a remarkably WORSE saving throw progression than the base Consular class, along with worse defense progression as well (though not as bad as the saving throws). 

Their main shtick is Battle Meditation split in half (defensive for Light Side, offensive for Dark Side), and... really, not much else. Light Side Enlightenment and Dark Side Corruption are practically useless, too. 

So, in a way, it's a "fix", but I have no idea if it was intended by the developers or not. Why did Obsidian give the JM/SL the short end of the stick, anyways? ;~;