N-DReW25

WIP Kotor 1 Improvement

This mod is to make the default game more engaging for the players.I am a new modder and so far I need help with the first part the endar spire.

Main problem is I am replacing the cinagar weave armor and turning it into the light combat suit from tsl but I can't figure out how to get 3 defence bonus on the armor.

That is the only problem I have so far but this mod plans to add whatever kotor 2 items into kotor 1 and maybe even change the stats to match the items in tls.

Features on the endar spire includes:

Trask and carths name tags will be named to have ulgo and onasi (all npc's should have this)

Trask will be lightsided (80% to be exact)

Trask will come with a blaster carbine

Some republic troopers will be individual and will drop some basic items

The hidden bag on the bridge will have a mandalorian blaster pistol

The dead jedi and sith will drop red and blue crystals

Carth will have his blasters and bonadan alloy armor on the endar spire and on taris

The light combat suit will replace cinagar weave armor and can be found in the combat suit chest (meaning the combat suit is no longer in their)

Sith on the bridge are dark jedi both dropping bondar crystals

The prototype vibrosword is better

The red sith is a sith officer

I Hope I can make the light combat suit and work on Taris and release the

demo(full version will be a full game mod and hopefully will be a tlspatcher install)

Main problem is I am replacing the cinagar weave armor and turning it into the light combat suit from tsl but I can't figure out how to get 3 defence bonus on the armor.

Just edit the UTI (g_a_class4004.uti) in KOTOR Tool. In the Properties tab, edit the Defense Bonus property and change the value from 2 to 3. Save it out to a file.

Thats the problem cinagar weave armor in kotor tool properties has only like 2 defence bonus yet in game its 6 defence bonus.

I checked ariund the uti and I saw under base item 4 defence bonus meaning thats adding to the properties to make 6 but I can't change that to 3 and if I change it to something else I could get light combat suit robes or light combat suit vibrosword

I will trt what you said and Try to find a work around

In KOTOR Tool. Open the UTI, go to the Properties tab, double click on the Defense Bonus property, in the new window that pops up, make the changes I described above, click the Update button, then save it.

Edit_UTI_Property_TH.jpg

Here's a UTI I edited for you, if you want to try testing it in-game: http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/misc/g_a_class4004.uti

Same thing. Open the UTI in KOTOR Tool, go the Properties tab, select/highlight the row you want to get rid of, hit the delete key. Save out the UTI.

If you want to add in a new additional property, double click the little asterisk and it will pop up the property selection window the same as when editing an existing row.

Alright all set but now I have a bug putting it in the right box so I've removed the combat suit and longsoerd from the box and added in the light combat suit using kgff editor but now the box with the spikes and parts have the light combat suit and no spikes any work arounds

(Last bug until I work on taris)

The one with the COMBAT SUIT AND LONG SWORD is the one ive changed but when I do the box in the 2nd endar spire module with the parts and spikes ends up being the exact same box with the combat suit I've just edited

Not sure why you felt the need to capitalize that. It's a little much to assume I know the contents and placement of every container in every level of the game...

The issue seems to be that the game uses the same file name in both levels (and likely MANY more times in other levels), so I have to ask now: How/where are all of your changes stored so far?

Do have ERF Edit and do you know about .mod level packages?

Sorry about capitalization but I did say the combat suit and the long sword box before Im just suprised you wouldn't know about the combat suit box that nearly everyone picks up in a lets play

Erf edit and .mod packages don't have a clue what those are like I said im very new to modding but I'm just editing the box with kotor tool and when things don't work I edit the box with kgff editor and remove specific structs like the combat suit one because In kotor tool I couldn't get rid of it

Also this isn't a basic endar spire redo its a full game change from Trask to Malak their should be a change to some Npc's,merchants and maybe I'll add new content and restore items when I learn how to.

Meanjng I'll be back a little more

The reason why I say tls oatcher is because I don't want 2da conflict galore because this now isn't 2da based but in later releases it could be

(Also This mod is hopefully be compatible with the android port so people can play my mod on the go,nost tls patcher mods don't work on android some do but feat mods,some head mods,sith stalker,maybe brotherhood of shadow and maybe recruitable kay don't work on android so I'm testing my mods on both android and pc)

Sorry about capitalization but I did say the combat suit and the long sword box before Im just suprised you wouldn't know about the combat suit box that nearly everyone picks up in a lets play

Erf edit and .mod packages don't have a clue what those are like I said im very new to modding but I'm just editing the box with kotor tool and when things don't work I edit the box with kgff editor and remove specific structs like the combat suit one because In kotor tool I couldn't get rid of it

I don't watch LPs (since I could just play the game myself...) and again, I don't really bother to memorize the fixed-loot containers and the random-loot ones don't need remembering.

I may need to take a moment to explain some things without just dumping a lot of info on you:

The game's levels by default have their resources split between two .rim files per level (.rim and _s.rim) in the modules folder. Modders can pack all the resources for the level into a single .mod file (creating a new one from inside ERF Edit) and the game will use the .mod file instead of the .rim files.

This allows modders to affect and override areas without messing up the original copies.

You can get ERF Edit here. You would need to extract all the files from both of the .rim files into a folder, make a new .mod file (with the same name as the first .rim file. For example, "end_m01aa.mod" instead of .rim), and then import all the files from the folder you made.

After that, you can add your edited files once you're satisfied with their performance from the Override folder. After you add them to the .mod, you need to erase them from the Override folder. This way, you won't have issues with the game re-using the files.

Based on the earlier mention of only possibly using TSLPatcher for a final release, I would guess this is all just dumped straight into the Override.

That is definitely likely. I hope to be able to help with making this less of a panic when it comes time to making the installer.

Also this isn't a basic endar spire redo its a full game change from Trask to Malak their should be a change to some Npc's,merchants and maybe I'll add new content and restore items when I learn how to.

Meanjng I'll be back a little more

I did see that when I read the thread (before I posted in the thread). A lot of this could be done with just the files in the Override folder, but a lot of it will rely on putting files back into the levels (hence my explanation of that process above).

Ok so I assume I'm remaking the module exactly the same as before but with my edits and if something does go wrong I delete the .mod I've made and the .rim will still be their untouched

So do I need to extract the .git ifo and .are for this or what

Quick question but how come deadlystream has a limited download

This can get annoying when trying to make a modded lets play or trying to download modding resources

Ok so I assume I'm remaking the module exactly the same as before but with my edits and if something does go wrong I delete the .mod I've made and the .rim will still be their untouched

So do I need to extract the .git ifo and .are for this or what

As I said earlier, you need to extract the files from both of the .rim files for a level. One of them only has those three files.

So extract all things or extract files from the .rim,.ifo and .are

I honestly think its better to put 3 spikes and 3 parts into the box,remove the long sword and combat suit from the bix and add the kight combat suit and place it on the dead republic trooper thats neae the box at least that way it isn't annyoing when the bug turns up

You need to extract all files from both .rim files, that is the .git, .are and .ifo from one of them and many other files from the other one. Then you make your edits and put all files in ONE .mod file.

Ok I Think I'll just skip the light combat suit and work on it later now I'm working on taris

(I relised when you make an account the limited download thing doesn't apply,there should be a thing that saids this)

Taris might have alot of features including:

Sith patrol in appartment will have an old head and will have a sith assult gun

The duros who dies is a bith with a bith instrument which you could possibly use

All merchants in game will have new items but unlike ehanced merhcants won't have OP stuff or things like 5 naga sadow sword in every merhcant

Larrim is the same species as zuulan senatar (the thing with 3 eyes)

Zelka and gunnery are wearing white but with the same heads

Duelist will have proper items

Lavins thugs look intimidating

When bendak is killed ajuur will give you his armor

The sith commander who drops armor is red and won't drop armor but thr over 2 will meaning both carth and yiu will have sith armor

Sith armor has better stats

The hidden beks don't look weak

Possible vulkar and bek armor

Exchange armor that matrik,holdan,the 4 exchange enforcers you meet,canderous and the guards in daviks estate will have this armror and it will replace the unused cinagar plate armor

The bouncer is a gamorean

The bounty hunters at zax's are more intimidating

Selven might drop battle armor

Republic mod armor might be reskinned and made better

Turrents are battle droids

Nearly every recruitable character has a good item unique to them

Republic trooper in the under city is a republic trooper

Glow rods are stun battons

Massari staffs are on rukils father and grand fathers corpses

Kandark ark and his friends are tougher

Bastilas slave outift is an ingame item

Brejik drops armor and his stuff is better

Receptionist in the sith base has sith armor from kotor 2

Sith Governor has sith war blade and dark jedi robe

Bastila has a single saber

Rakghoul serum in the sith base

And maybe some more

This is a big but kinda simple mod that is to make the game more engaging

So do I need to extract all NPC's,boxes,doors,triggers and scripts in erf edit

Posted Today, 01:30 AM [EST}
So I got around to trying it and I opened the rim module from erf edit and added my edited stuff into it overwritting the prevous things within it and then I saved as and I saved it as a .mod and it didn't work at all

So am I doing this wrong if so please carefully explain what I'm screwing up on