Hello folks!

Some of you could be wondering, where I was for the last months, or why I didn't released anything new. Long story short - I was consumed by modding the first Witcher game. And now I want to share my work with you.

I proudly present you the mod I've been working on since March and recently released - Complete Sword Overhaul. It will replace all ingame sword models with new, high-quality ones. It also makes each sword to use unique model, so your freshly-crafted meteorite sword will not look exactly like the basic one.

It took much longer to complete it than I initially thought, but it was worth it. 

• Like 1

Looks great, man. I do find it sort of ironic that a game like The Witcher would have shoddy looking swords.

I have Witcher 1 and I never got around to playing it. Besides your mod, are there others you could recommend for the first game?

I have Witcher 1 and I never got around to playing it. Besides your mod, are there others you could recommend for the first game?

There are some mods which I personally use (most of them are retextures or bugfixes):

The Witcher Overhaul Project by lexo1000

Geralt's default face with RofTWW textures by SoullessMadness

Sex Takes Time Mod by Corylea

Han Gives Han NOT Berbercane by Cory Kerens

Missing Kalkstein and Leuvaarden Clues Fix by didymos

Dagger Overhaul by me

Scabbard Mod by Ifrit team  (be warned that this one is a little bit buggy)

What I DON"T recommend for the first game is a Full Combat Rebalance. It will make game too difficult and confusing for new player.

• Like 1

Incidentally, I decided I'd start up the Witch game to delete my auto-saves before I installed these mods and am now stuck. I've verified the game cache in Steam, but for some reason my mouse is trapped in the center of the screen on the main menu, such that I can only click Load Game and use the Esc key to back out of the Load menu...

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I had it with Steam before. Now I can’t remember what game it was at the time but it had to do with steam launcher. So I had to back up my save games and reinstall steam and then the game, and add everything back to it. If a game relies on Steam to function then even an update to the launcher can cause this. It should not harm the save games.

Xuul told me on Discord to try using the Shift key. That worked, except that I have to hold down the Shift key and move the mouse for it to work... If this persists into the game, then I may be in for an extra level of fun. :|