Sign in to follow this  
RamGuy

Having various issues with KotR2 and TSLRCM using the new "enhanced" version from Steam. Is the retail version the one being recommended?

I'm having some real issues with playing Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords using Aspyr's enhanced edition released through Steam.

I did only install the game, and grab TSLRCM through Steam Workshop and nothing else. I hadn't even launched the game before installing the mod through Steam Workshop and only modification I have done besides installing TSLRCM is to use KSE_337 (also from Steam Workshop) in order to boost various stats on my characters.

The game worked perfectly until I decided to do Nar Shaddaa after completing the Citadel thingy. After going through most parts of Nar Shaddaa I get to the point where Atton is "calling me" saying there is something I should check out at the Ebon Hawk. This is where I get noted that I'm supposed to enter the intoxicated area of Nar Shaddaa and meet with the leader of "The Exchange" in a private room.

When I start moving towards the area where I can head down into this intoxicated area, Atton runs up to me telling me to be careful and whatnot. After having a bromance moment with Atton, telling him I will be okay things start to get wired. I go downstairs and move for a few steps until I get approached by the human female bounty hunters and after a short chat it cuts to Atton being in the cantina / bar being approached by Twi'lek twins bounty hunters and after supposedly killing them Atton says he needs to get back to the Ebon Hawk so there is another cut, then we are seeing all characters (expect me / the exile) in front of the Ebon Hawk talking as they are approached by the two lizard like bounty hunters and it seems like I'm supposed to get into a fight or something but here things just go haywire.

The game simply cuts back to my main character / the exile now laying dead by the feat of the human female bounty hunter and the game tells me all my party members are killed and asks me if I want to load the last saved game or go to my saved games list. That's it.

I'm completely stuck right here. I tried to load up an older save and do things differently, like doing things in a different order around Nar Shaddaa but no matter what I do I end up with the same all party members has been killed when I head towards the intoxicated area after getting the message to meet with the leader of the exchange.

It’s been so long since I played Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords back in my youth and at that time I was not old enough to really tell what was going on so I have no idea what I might be doing wrong here but something tells me that my gaming is glitching out real bad.

After some Googling I gathered that many people is having various issues with Nar Shaddaa and someone recommended trying to enable cheats in the game and warp to 351NAR which teleport me to Goto's Yacht which is a later stage on Nar Shaddaa. But doing so didn't seem to help out at all, because teleporting here as my main characters / the exile seems to put things out of whack. After what I gather from walk-throughs online you are not supposed to be your main / the exile when entering the yacht so as soon as I get into the room where Goto is suddenly Atton pops out of nowhere and upon talking with the hologram of Goto my game simply crashes. Later I tried to clear the entire yacht while ignoring the hologram but then it suddenly wasn't there anymore it was simply gone from the room where I on my previous attempt could talk to it and after doing all that I was supposed to do on the yacht and getting back onto the Ebon Hawk I was simply stuck on the space ship unable to do anything. And every other member besides me, Atton and that round droid of Goto are the only ones on the ship. I can't fly anywhere; I can’t get off or anything. And after saving and re-loading I'm suddenly stuck with a level 12 Jedi Sentinel with a different look and a female portrait.

I'm wondering if all this might have something to do with modifications done to the main game by Aspyr. Is it recommended to grab the retail version and use that one instead? If so, how does one obtain the retail version these days? Do I get it by purchasing from sites like GoG.com?

I doubt that issues that big are caused by Aspyr's patch but if you want to try, you can revert back to The older unpatched version on Steam.
Right click the game in your library, go to the beta tab and choose The legacypc Version.
That's the same version as the one you get from GOG or from retail.