PirateSimi

widescreen mouse-positioning problems

Hey folks,

I decided to give the KotOR games another playthrough, when I saw that K1R 1.1 came out (and my last playthrough of TSL was still before M4-78 was finished. I used to mod a little myself back then).

So I got myself a proper brand new GoG-Version of the games. I have installed KotOR1 now, but I'm having trouble getting any of the widescreen/high-res fixes to work. I tried both, FlawlessWidescreen and UniWS with different resolutions. Some of them seemed to visually work fine, but somehow the mouse-positioning is always off. In 1920x1020 the mouse seems to show about half an inch above its actual position, so if I want to click a button, I have to hover that much above it. Working through menues like Inventory or Partyselection is an absolute nightmare that way. The mispositioning seems to be larger, the higher the resolution I chose.
Has anyone encountered the same problem? Is there a solution?
The only playable way that uses my full monitor size I found so far is forcing my graphic-card to scale the game up to my screen's resolution, but it's terribly streched and crappy to look at that way.

Thanks, I tried these already (that's what I meant with "different resolutions"). Anyways, I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing again now and FlawlessWidescreen seems to work now, albeit a little shaky. A few times it crashed right at startup and a few times I have to re-install the fix from FW before launching the game, but when I do and start the game up, it seems to work properly. Once it automatically tabbed out after the first intro-movie and when I tabbed back in, it rescaled the rest of the intro to widescreen as well ... which it usually doesn't.

I'm not really sure what I did different the second time around ... it might be, because I installed the few mods (K1R and some HD Skyboxes and Backdrops) *after* the Widescreenpatch, rather than before ... or it might be that I accidentally forgot to enable hardware mouse cursor the first time.