Sign in to follow this  
Cair

Strange with the Vulkar base

Hello there, quite a lot of time I don't post here! 

i was trying the kotor restoration mod and I stumbled across a couple of problems: when I'm in the Vulkar base sublevel, sometimes It's impossible to read the dialogue (it's all black) and I have to select my answers casually. Not a big deal, since I can still hear what's said...

the great problem is that I'm blocked: when I am finally able to kill Caalin, I cannot use the consoles in his  office and the one in the heating room. It gives me a message of error, saying "Conversation error: this conversation contains either a continue nod or a end node". In that way I'm unable to use the console and advance the quest.

I have a file called AR_ERROR.log that reads: "Names Differ: N_Caali_H01 n_caalinh01"

I'm using the italian version, maybe that could be the source of the problem?

Hello there, quite a lot of time I don't post here! 

i was trying the kotor restoration mod and I stumbled across a couple of problems: when I'm in the Vulkar base sublevel, sometimes It's impossible to read the dialogue (it's all black) and I have to select my answers casually. Not a big deal, since I can still hear what's said...

the great problem is that I'm blocked: when I am finally able to kill Caalin, I cannot use the consoles in his  office and the one in the heating room. It gives me a message of error, saying "Conversation error: this conversation contains either a continue nod or a end node". In that way I'm unable to use the console and advance the quest.

I have a file called AR_ERROR.log that reads: "Names Differ: N_Caali_H01 n_caalinh01"

I'm using the italian version, maybe that could be the source of the problem?

If I were you I'd download the new version of K1R and start a new game.  

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/558-kotor-1-restoration/

Also yeah using a non-English version might be problematic.  

As I remember, with my non-english version of the game, I couldn't play any of such mods, because it was crashing after a while. Also, if we talk about new items etc., all descriptions disappeard.

You should change your dialog.tlk file to an english one. 

Uhm... last time I played with mods adding content I had almost no language problems (I can cope with some missing description here and there)... that's why I find it strange... anyway, for now I force ended the quest with KSE, then I'll take a look to see if some new thing arise! 

Thanks for the fast answer!

Uhm... last time I played with mods adding content I had almost no language problems (I can cope with some missing description here and there)... that's why I find it strange... anyway, for now I force ended the quest with KSE, then I'll take a look to see if some new thing arise! 

Thanks for the fast answer!

Okay.  That's fine go ahead and continue your 1.0 playthrough if you wish.  Just don't expect your bug reports to be taken anywhere near as seriously as they would have been had you downloaded the latest version of the mod.  Because what ever bug you report from 1.0 was likely fixed in 1.1.

Well, in fact I'm now using 1.1 sorry if I didn't say it!  :blush:

Anyway, I've done the rest of Taris without problems, Dantooine was equally good and I'm finishing Tatooine without a single problematic!

For now, I must say that... It's... really good to see all those little pieces of content popping up from time to time (It also helps to see how many things were cut at the last minute, because the italian VO and subtitles are almost always present)