Sign in to follow this  
musicforthepiano

Help with a YouTube Issue on one of my Star Wars piano adaptations?

Hello, some of you may know me from the KOTOR Piano Anthology I created and posted here awhile back.

I've also transcribed the entire music to John Williams original score for the trilogy and have posted them in separate videos, and an additional project for Shadows of the Empire.

However, I've been having a bit of a conundrum here, my Return of the Jedi Piano Compendium video, here: 

, was muted a day after I posted it.

I've made complaints to YouTube over and over again, and even had my claim looked at but never responded to. I am one of the YouTube partners and they are ignoring me blatantly, and I have not been able to get in touch with someone who works for YouTube, and I'm wondering if one of you can help me here?

I did all of the work by myself, and the only audio is my piano playing to match up with the movie. I gave credit where credit is due in the video description, yet they still will not unmute my work.

Does anyone know what I can do to get the sound back? The audio option is available under editing, but there's nothing I can do with it.

I worked so hard on this and I want the public to hear this, especially since the new movie is coming out, it would be great to network this project.

Any advice will be helpful,

-Sonarwave Studios

P.S. In the meantime if you want to hear it, you can check it out on soundcloud, but there's no video, if you want to look for a specific part, just check the time markers on the YouTube video and then click to that part on the soundcloud upload.

https://soundcloud.com/onarwavetudios/return-of-the-jedi-a-piano-compendium

It seems to have sound for me :/ You could reupload it on another account

Do you mind clarifying what part of the video is muted? It appears to be working for me.

If you do receive a copyright claim on the music via the content ID system you are allowed to respond in 30 days but you likely won't have much luck since you don't hold the copyright to the composition and they can legally take it down via US law.

Usually with cover songs either:

1) the copyright holder turns a blind eye and pretends not to see it.

2) the work is actually Licensed, usually via a YouTube MCN or rarely by YouTube itself. 

3) the work contains significant changes and is treated as a transformative work. This is a very weak defense and wont stop any company from stomping on you with content ID since it is an affirmative defense 

The entire thing on youtube is muted, but the soundcloud one has sound (though no video)

Funny thing is yes I've gotten these copyright claims before, and I've beat them all, and for some reason they've chosen to mute this video and not the other ones, which totally messes with my channel. The Return of the Jedi project was the one which I put the most time into out of all 5 (now 6) Star Wars Piano conversion projects. 

I sent my claim back but I never got a response back. The audio option wasn't even available for a long time until fairly recently, when I opened up the video and I could hear it I was flabbergasted. Then I told another uploader to check it out because he had been wanting to see it but then the sound stopped after one day of working! No new claims this time it just stopped. Does anyone know anyone who works for YouTube I can contact to get this straightened out? I would be very grateful and would be filling to do a song or few on request for anyone who can help me resolve this muted issue.

Thank you, however I have some rough news. Some prick on YouTube just flagged and had my Lord Of The Rings Piano Omnibus for Return of the King taken down, and I may be facing legal repercussion if I try to fight it. As usual, some asshat can't appreciate hard work that someone does and ruins it for everyone. This one was my longest yet, at a run-time of 3 hours + 45 minutes.

Also I'm facing an impending marriage and other things at my work, otherwise the KOTOR2 Project would be up already along with several others I had been working on. Sorry for the delay fellas, but I will have them done when all of this subsides.

Thank you, however I have some rough news. Some prick on YouTube just flagged and had my Lord Of The Rings Piano Omnibus for Return of the King taken down, and I may be facing legal repercussion if I try to fight it. As usual, some asshat can't appreciate hard work that someone does and ruins it for everyone. This one was my longest yet, at a run-time of 3 hours + 45 minutes.

Also I'm facing an impending marriage and other things at my work, otherwise the KOTOR2 Project would be up already along with several others I had been working on. Sorry for the delay fellas, but I will have them done when all of this subsides.

I can't really help without seeing the notice but I can confirm that you will not face legal repercussions since youtube will probably just take down the video and give your channel a copyright strike.

It is also likely a company representing the rights holder found and not some random user.

It doesn't make sense, all of the piano was my work, and the images are just supposed to correlate the story with the music to make it an enjoyable experience for those who are musically inclined, (not many but still people do enjoy my videos).

Here is the email I got with the notification:

"

Hi Sonarwave Studios:

Due to a copyright takedown notice that we received, we had to take down your video from YouTube:

Video title: The Return Of The King: A Piano Omnibus

Video url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKADh8MoBs

Takedown issued by: LeakID

This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

You received a copyright strike

You now have 1 copyright strike. Getting multiple copyright strikes can lead to the termination of your account and the removal of all your videos. To avoid that from happening, please don’t upload videos that contain copyrighted content that you aren’t allowed to use.

Why this can happen

• One or more of your videos contained copyrighted content.
  • Copyright owners can choose to take down videos that contain their content.
View details

What to do next

• If you believe you're not at fault, you can try to appeal this takedown by submitting a counter notification. Keep in mind that there may be severe legal consequences for submitting a counter notification with false information.
  • You can also contact the party that removed your video and ask them toretract their takedown.
Any idea how I should respond to the claim, which option could I do to get my video back?