34 replies to this topic

#21 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

EA's especially guilty of that, particularly since they've been doing the "Release the same game every year with small changes" part for a looong time.

I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything, but If nothing else, a KOTOR 3 would be a chance to sweep TOR into the trash can where it belongs.

I play light side. I like helping people, making things better. One of my favorite sidequests was the Promised Land storyline, helping people who'd been thrown away by society to fend for themselves in a monster-infested wasteland escape their fate and move to a better place. The icing on the cake was the implication that while the arrogant, callous nobles of Taris were blown away by the Sith bombardment, the poorest of the poor whom they had cast away were off to live in safety and happiness in a paradisical bunker.

Then TOR came along and ruined that for no good reason, earning my undying hatred.

That is oddly one part of TOR I actually admire. We thought that Taris was turned to dust, but instead it managed to become a sort of Lost Land full of life and vegetation. I understand you wanted the outcasts to survive and thrive in some underground paradise, but life is harsh, and it very clearly stated that most of them died from the journey to the Promised Land; let alone whether they actually found it. Some of TOR's story, it turns out, are rather well-written, but that's kind of a product of some very smart writers working on it.

All of this very very stupid "Canon" regarding Revan and Darth Verybadperson (Don't care about his real name, his very existence is outright contrived in the worst way), hopefully, we can all agree was the result of some cretin in a boardroom who thought they could milk the forced drama and unnecessary escalation of their made-up character from fans of the original series. However, I would never call the work of so many people who made something rather decent in some memories "trash", and I might go so far as to say Battlefront 3.0 wasn't " the worst thing to happen to Star Wars, ever".

That rant aside, though, I can't see where this is going now that their magnum opus of cheap DLC sold for full price (IE Battlefront) didn't pan out. Maybe they'll hire an intelligent project manager with actual plans to give the fans of Lucasarts what they actually would like to see. If that were to happen, we might actually get something like Days Of Future Past as far as wiping the stain of that affront to writing known as the Revan book (I don't care if Kapryshn is a great writer or not, that book was abusive to everything he started in Kotor) from our collective memory, and continuing the story of the Real Revan as he or she plumbs the depths of the unkown to save the Galaxy.

However, every forgettable online-only FPS is getting a sequel, somehow, so they'll probably just focus on EA Battlefront 2....
|____________>>_______>>__/

#22 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMalachor II

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

Well TOR is undoubtedly a Kotor 3 since it does answer questions (Most of them) about what happened after TSL but I would honestly like a fresh reboot of the Kotor, TSL and TOR universe in a Movie series similar to rogue one (That didn't need to exist but it does) or as a Cartoon series like clone wars and rebels or as another video game but with the graphic quality of Battlefront 3 WITH using the canon stuff as the canon.

#23 aneeryrlue

aneeryrlue

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:03 PM

A similar sentiment that I expressed in another thread:

We are KOTOR 3...

i agree with this^^

• jc2 likes this

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same f*ckin thing... over and over again expecting... sh*t to change... That. Is. Crazy. 

..       -Vaas

Did I ever tell you the definition... of modding?

#24 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:43 PM

The rumored Kotor remake comes in again for round two.

Take with a pillar of salt.

#25 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

Big meh. We don't really need a remake, but maybe if they add some new stuff that'd be cool.

#26 ADG12311990

ADG12311990

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

So, I looked at the articles that were linked to the video, and they... look like garbage, Nothing towards Rooster Teeth or The Know, of course. I assume people keep thinking o Apeiron anytime a fan made KotOR remake is mentioned...

1 TARDIS: It is The Doctor!

2 TARDISes: UH... Dalek Surpreme...

3 TARDISes: ....

13 TARDISes: UH..... Time to go!

#27 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

All the KOTOR rumor mongering over the years has turned me off to the idea of a KOTOR 3 or a KOTOR remake.

But also, #MakeKotorCanonAgain

#28 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

All the KOTOR rumor mongering over the years has turned me off to the idea of a KOTOR 3 or a KOTOR remake.

But also, #MakeKotorCanonAgain

I agree (partially).

#MakeKotorCanonAgain

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Grey Jedi "Shanilia" > http://deadlystream..../1044-shanilia/

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#29 sEcOnDbOuToFiNsAnItY

sEcOnDbOuToFiNsAnItY

Saaeda - "The Quiet One"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

The problem I see is that a KOTOR 3... well, it now has to follow on from and/or incorporate SWTOR's take on it all. And, put bluntly, I hate SWTOR's treatment of the KOTOR material.

And on a related note, I've been substantially less than a fan of Disney's reboot. So, sadly, I feel a KOTOR 3 is now at the point where... well, it's simply too late in my opinion. I doubt I'd like it and I even suspect it'd end up infuriating me. :(

'sboi' for short. Or not if you prefer.

'Read Me' is not a suggestion.

#30 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

The problem I see is that a KOTOR 3... well, it now has to follow on from and/or incorporate SWTOR's take on it all. And, put bluntly, I hate SWTOR's treatment of the KOTOR material.

And on a related note, I've been substantially less than a fan of Disney's reboot. So, sadly, I feel a KOTOR 3 is now at the point where... well, it's simply too late in my opinion. I doubt I'd like it and I even suspect it'd end up infuriating me. :(

No it doesn't... TOR is not canon... just like K1 and K2... So they have the creative license to do whatever they want aslong as lucasfilms give them the green light... It would be more likely a K1 remake than a K3 IMO to make the story canon

"No one is immune from failure. All have tasted the bitterness of defeat and disappointment. A warrior must not dwell on that failure, but must learn from it and continue on. But not all learn from their errors. That is something those who seek to dominate others know very well, and know how to exploit. If an opponent has failed once at a logic problem, his enemy will first try the same type of problem, hoping the failure will be repeated. What the manipulator sometimes forgets, and what a warrior must always remember, is that no two sets of circumstances are alike. One challenge is not like another. The would-be victim may have learned from the earlier mistake. crossing of life paths". - Thrawn

"All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is. To a soldier or pilot on the line, victory is surviving the current battle. To a politician, victory is an advantage one can bring to a bargaining table. To a warrior, victory is driving an enemy from the field of battle, or bringing him to surrender. Sometimes the victory is greater than the warrior could ever hope for. Sometimes it is more than he is able to bear". - Thrawn

#31 sEcOnDbOuToFiNsAnItY

sEcOnDbOuToFiNsAnItY

Saaeda - "The Quiet One"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:04 AM

No it doesn't... TOR is not canon... just like K1 and K2... So they have the creative license to do whatever they want aslong as lucasfilms give them the green light... It would be more likely a K1 remake than a K3 IMO to make the story canon

Ugh. No. No more remakes. Please. If Disney wants to canonise KOTOR, it can canonise KOTOR. They don't even have the excuse of being worried about their new continuity since the KOTOR era is so far removed from anything in Disney's new verse.

Now, since SWTOR is... yaknow, still an ongoing thing, Disney is almost certainly going to want to capitalise on that by linking any new KOTOR to it... which sadly means it'd have to be chained to their absolute abomination of Revan, the Exile and related's treatment, unless they wanted to totally retool the entire setting. But I didn't exactly like any of Disney's other reboots of the various Star Wars eras, so that idea appeals to me possibly even less.

Basically, Disney's caused the situation where everything they touch in Star Wars fills me with ominous dread.

'sboi' for short. Or not if you prefer.

'Read Me' is not a suggestion.

#32 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Ugh. No. No more remakes. Please. If Disney wants to canonise KOTOR, it can canonise KOTOR. They don't even have the excuse of being worried about their new continuity since the KOTOR era is so far removed from anything in Disney's new verse.

Now, since SWTOR is... yaknow, still an ongoing thing, Disney is almost certainly going to want to capitalise on that by linking any new KOTOR to it... which sadly means it'd have to be chained to their absolute abomination of Revan, the Exile and related's treatment, unless they wanted to totally retool the entire setting. But I didn't exactly like any of Disney's other reboots of the various Star Wars eras, so that idea appeals to me possibly even less.

Basically, Disney's caused the situation where everything they touch in Star Wars fills me with ominous dread.

Not really when much of the new canon is built upon the galaxies history which seems to be odly connected to the time Kotor was set in. Even sidious was looking for ancient sources of the dark side which sounded similar to the same energy that the star forge was built upon.

I personally feel as though outside of the two movies Disney have released and ea's bf, they have done a good job with sw

"No one is immune from failure. All have tasted the bitterness of defeat and disappointment. A warrior must not dwell on that failure, but must learn from it and continue on. But not all learn from their errors. That is something those who seek to dominate others know very well, and know how to exploit. If an opponent has failed once at a logic problem, his enemy will first try the same type of problem, hoping the failure will be repeated. What the manipulator sometimes forgets, and what a warrior must always remember, is that no two sets of circumstances are alike. One challenge is not like another. The would-be victim may have learned from the earlier mistake. crossing of life paths". - Thrawn

"All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is. To a soldier or pilot on the line, victory is surviving the current battle. To a politician, victory is an advantage one can bring to a bargaining table. To a warrior, victory is driving an enemy from the field of battle, or bringing him to surrender. Sometimes the victory is greater than the warrior could ever hope for. Sometimes it is more than he is able to bear". - Thrawn

#33 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:22 AM

Not really when much of the new canon is built upon the galaxies history which seems to be odly connected to the time Kotor was set in. Even sidious was looking for ancient sources of the dark side which sounded similar to the same energy that the star forge was built upon.

I personally feel as though outside of the two movies Disney have released and ea's bf, they have done a good job with sw

Not that I want to be purely cynical, but I think Disney is using this as a way to shoehorn in their new "sith" history for Snoke and all of the more contemporary lore by using the now vacant Old Republic Era. Plus, Kotor drew such a fan base that it would spell potentially more people exposed to their new lore, and more money from a new game trilogy people are already interested in.
|____________>>_______>>__/

#34 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

Not that I want to be purely cynical, but I think Disney is using this as a way to shoehorn in their new "sith" history for Snoke and all of the more contemporary lore by using the now vacant Old Republic Era. Plus, Kotor drew such a fan base that it would spell potentially more people exposed to their new lore, and more money from a new game trilogy people are already interested in.

Well that is certainly a real possibility that SNokes past is connected to this era in the new canon aswell as Lukes original jedi temples (which probably dates a little earlier than this era though). I just feel as though there is too much nods to the old republic era for it not to be made canon or altered to be made canon.

#35 revan21

revan21

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationYavin 4... thanks Bioware

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Well that is certainly a real possibility that SNokes past is connected to this era in the new canon aswell as Lukes original jedi temples (which probably dates a little earlier than this era though). I just feel as though there is too much nods to the old republic era for it not to be made canon or altered to be made canon.

Well they definitly won't be like "Okay, Kotor is canon again even tho it goes against stuff we established through other media". It's probably gonna be like it was with Thrawn and i'm okay with that. 

I miss the old Revan,

The amnesia Revan, switching them sides Revan

I hate the new Revan, the Legends Revan

SWTOR Revan, beefin with everyone Revan

I miss the cool Revan, "Heart of the Force" Revan

See I invented Revan, It wasn't any Revans

And now I look and look around and see Darth Maul is Revan

I used to love Revan, I used to love Revan

I even had that Red Mask, I thought I was Revan

What if Revan turned out to be Revan

And he relises he was Revan ? Man, that'd be so Revan

That's all it was Revan, we still love Revan