Sign in to follow this  
milestails

Headphone Recommendations

Looks like I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones! My Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 just lost sound in the right headphone. Had it for 3+ years.

What do you all recommend?

My best pair is the Sennheiser HD 201. Had to get the spot near the jack replaced/fixed earlier this year, but other than that, they've been great. Only 30 bucks too.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones! My Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 just lost sound in the right headphone. Had it for 3+ years.

What do you all recommend?

Beats By Dre... It might sound crazy, but they are great headphones, by far the best headphones I have used. The pair I used cost me $65

Beats By Dre... It might sound crazy, but they are great headphones, by far the best headphones I have used. The pair I used cost me $65

jAQGi3J.png

I kid! I kid! Beats headphones have a reputation of being overpriced among the social circles I frequent.

I have Bose Quiet Comfort 25 headphones and they've been pretty good. Noise cancelling.

Though the right ear is starting to go out...

• Like 1

My Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 just lost sound in the right headphone.

All of the headphones I've had have this happen at some point in time. What I've discovered is that usually it's just that the jack needs replacing. I have a friend who's good with that sort of thing, so when I need it he'll replace it for me.

I can give you some pretty good recommendations, but it really depends on what type of headphones you want.

An Over ear headphone at a similar price? Sennheiser HD 429s  is good. I used have one before we were robbed about a year back.  The HD 471 is an open backed version with a better buttons and a more "open" sound stage (less noise blocking) I haven't used this one but heard good things.

If you travel, or want noise cancellation:  Bose Quiet Comfort 25 headphones is great but expensive. 

Something you can use to game with as well? HyperX Cloud 2 has a removable mic, and can connect to a phone/tablet and also to the PC via usb. I use these right now for recording since I obviously can't have my speakers on when making videos.

Only plan to use them at home for your home theater/PC?  Sennheiser RS 170  Wireless, great range, won't wake up the family. Shoelace swears by them and he is a  bit of an asshat a sound snob.

Above all don't buy beats unless you want "fashion" headphones.

jAQGi3J.png

I kid! I kid! Beats headphones have a reputation of being overpriced among the social circles I frequent.

I have Bose Quiet Comfort 25 headphones and they've been pretty good. Noise cancelling.

lol... I can agree with you on that, I was lucky I got my ones so cheap as they are usually a few hundred dollars

Thanks for the recs everybody.

Not looking for gaming headphones, but.......

.......I'm not at all that familiar with headphone technology/terminology to be honest! My primary uses would be listening to music, watching videos, and travel.

Bose and Sennheiser are definitely at the top of the list at this point. Asked this same question at LF. Got an endorsement for Sennheiser.