Hello everybody, welcome to Deadlystream, the home of Star Wars gaming. I will (hopefully) be posting fairly regular updates here on the front page with Star Wars related news, media, interviews, mod reviews, and much more.
With the new movies still on the horizon and battlefront 3 still around the corner right now the big story in the Star Wars community is a new fan theory. I'm sure many of you have heard of the Story of the secret Dark Lord who was really pulling the strings throughout the entirety of the prequel trilogy. Jar Jar Binks.
Yes, that Jar Jar Binks the one that for many people is the symbol of everything wrong with the prequel trilogy. This theory to many is a redemption of a saga that irritated the masses in such a profound way.
There is an entire subreddit and website dedicated to this theory. It's really interesting and puts a new spin on some otherwise bland films. Even if you think it is insane, give it a read before you judge it, the amount of evidence is surprising, and there are many people interested in finding the truth.
In Modding news there is also a lot to report. Several new mods have been released and while I have been far too busy to create videos for all of them yet, they are worth checking out.
- High Quality Skyboxes 1.0 A mod that replaces nearly every skybox and backdrop in Kotor 1. They look beautiful and pair really well with a high-quality texture mod. The skies never looked more beautiful. Words really cannot describe this mod so you should download it for yourself.
- Party Swap While not exactly new... this mod is worth of your attention. This is a mod that allows you to recruit BOTH Handmaiden and Disciple. It also adds an armband that will allow you to replace any member of the current party with Handmaiden. I haven't really had much time with this mod, but I have heard good praise from many people. This mod requires TSLRCM so you needn't worry about incompatibility with that essential mod.
- Shem's Mods have been added to the website. These mods range from new armors to super enhancements to the game and much, much more. There is no way I can talk about all of them so, just go ahead and check them out for yourself. Just be careful with compatibility as some of these mods won't work with TSLRCM.
- Animated Galaxy Map is a small mod, but it is well worth downloading. It simply animates the galaxy map from Kotor 1. It fits into the game so well you will only notice when it is not there.
- There is also some good news from the Sleheyron Project. For the unfamiliar, this project aims to add/restore a cut planet from Kotor 1. With this new revelation the new planet will really feel like the real thing. If you are interested in a sneak peak at this new world you can watch this video to get a small taste of what is to come.
The battlefront beta has come and gone. The community has had several discussions on the game and the feelings are very mixed. I gave my first impressions of the game and found it to be lacking that spark... But that was only the beta, we will have more to discuss in the next update after the game has been out for a while and we can get a feel for the real thing.
The new SWTOR expansion has been released. To many this expansion has redeemed some of the more... questionable... choices this game has made thus far. I have yet to play the expansion but hope, to bring you more news about it in the next update.
Every update I hope to add a few articles, videos, and other such things that I think are worth your time to look at. Hopefully, this will help you bide the 34 days until the Force Awakens, once again.
Kotor fan Film (Video)
I'm planning on updating these posts fairly regularly so if you have suggestions or feedback, just let me know via PM.