Kexikus

SKIN:High Quality Skyboxes II

Any intention on doing this with TSL? Dantooine in particular annoys me because it looks so much different in TSL than in K1 - mountainous terrain vs plains.

The planet was bombarded by Malak, youd expect the landscape to look varsely different

Only two places were bombarded on Dantooine: The Jedi Enclave (shown in TSL, after the fact) and the Rakatan Ruins (mentioned In audio files). It wasn't a widespread bombardment like Taris.

Only two places were bombarded on Dantooine: The Jedi Enclave (shown in TSL, after the fact) and the Rakatan Ruins (mentioned In audio files). It wasn't a widespread bombardment like Taris.

I imagine with the bombardment the colours and grass, etc would have all changed between K1 & TSL though, because the area around the enclave wouldn't be terribly well maintained- but yes, not to the extent the skybox shows. 

Actually the Rakatan ruins were shown in TSL if you go to the Mercanary camp you can see the Rakatan ruins behind them and you can see for a fact it was bombed to the point were you can't go into it

The bombardment was focused and wouldn't affect the damage being shown in skyboxes, right? That's the point being made here.

The bombardment was focused and wouldn't affect the damage being shown in skyboxes, right? That's the point being made here.

True, Though according to Adum Larp and Kaevae the Cut Padawan a Sith ground force was deployed and they killed anyone they came across and they burned down the matale and sandral estates so even though the skybox shouldn't be crater after crater it shouldn't look as friendly as the K1 Skybox

• Like 1

Hold the phone, why isn't there a skybox for the ending cutscene? (Light side.)

Hold the phone, why isn't there a skybox for the ending cutscene? (Light side.)

Because there is no special skybox for the LS ending. It simply uses the Unknown World skybox.

Because there is no special skybox for the LS ending. It simply uses the Unknown World skybox.

Uhhh, I don't think it does because It shows up your High Quality Skybox when I'm actually playing on the Unknown World. 

But when the LS ending plays the old garbo skybox is shown, I'm wondering if this is a module thing. 

If I'm wrong; tell me the name of the Skybox and which of your files to download and I'll try it again

If the problem is still occurring I'll screenshot it. 

Uhhh, I don't think it does because It shows up your High Quality Skybox when I'm actually playing on the Unknown World. 

But when the LS ending plays the old garbo skybox is shown, I'm wondering if this is a module thing. 

If I'm wrong; tell me the name of the Skybox and which of your files to download and I'll try it again

If the problem is still occurring I'll screenshot it. 

Hmm...

Seems like I simply overlooked the fact that it uses a unique skybox. I'll have a look.

Hmm...

Seems like I simply overlooked the fact that it uses a unique skybox. I'll have a look.

Thanks, if it does have a unique skybox- think of this as an opportunity! lol

Thanks, if it does have a unique skybox- think of this as an opportunity! lol

I could give every module its own unique skybox. That wouldn't be a problem, but it wouldn't be worth it either.

Anyway, make copies of LUN_Sky0001 to LUN_Sky0005, rename them to LUZ_Sky0001 to LUZ_Sky0005 and place them in your Override folder. That'll give you a high quality skybox for the LS ending. The sun could be too bright though as I edited the Unknown World models to have a less bright sun. I will fix this and include the renamed skyboxes in the next patch for this mod. That'll either be a small update in about two weeks after my last exam for this semester or I'll hold off on updating it for a bigger update I intend to do anway. In that case it'd take longer.

But in the meantime you can just fix it yourself as described above.

Thanks for letting me know of this oversight :)

• Like 1

I could give every module its own unique skybox. That wouldn't be a problem, but it wouldn't be worth it either.

Anyway, make copies of LUN_Sky0001 to LUN_Sky0005, rename them to LUZ_Sky0001 to LUZ_Sky0005 and place them in your Override folder. That'll give you a high quality skybox for the LS ending. The sun could be too bright though as I edited the Unknown World models to have a less bright sun. I will fix this and include the renamed skyboxes in the next patch for this mod. That'll either be a small update in about two weeks after my last exam for this semester or I'll hold off on updating it for a bigger update I intend to do anway. In that case it'd take longer.

Thanks for letting me know of this oversight :D

Thanks, no I agree it wouldn't be worth it but for the endings I think it would- you could make the LS ending feel more "Star Wars" if it was at sunset or something. 

Assuming that the test goes well, will you be adding the extra Unknown World skyboxes to the package?

I'll just quote myself here^^

I will fix this and include the renamed skyboxes in the next patch for this mod. That'll either be a small update in about two weeks after my last exam for this semester or I'll hold off on updating it for a bigger update I intend to do anway. In that case it'd take longer.

Well I can say it looks fine; the islands look too big however.

If anyone is still here, I'm having an issue on Taris. There is a plain blue sky with light blue lines across it. Any help would be awesome!

11 hours ago, TyGl20 said:

If anyone is still here, I'm having an issue on Taris. There is a plain blue sky with light blue lines across it. Any help would be awesome!

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

After about three and a half years it's finally done: High Quality Skyboxes II is out!

You can find dozens of screenshots as well as a video showcase in the original post of this thread. I highly recommend you upgrade to this new and very much improved version of the mod.

• Like 3

Let me be the first to congratulate you here about this new release.

Just a question: I have unzipped the archive and noticed there are many .are files that would be dumped in the Override. I, but also many others, would end up losing  earlier vital changes made to those .are files (I'm in particular thinking of OnEnter scripts). Could you tell us what .are changes were required?

Thanks a lot for sharing all this with us.

Cheers! :cheers:

29 minutes ago, Salk said:

Let me be the first to congratulate you here about this new release.

Just a question: I have unzipped the archive and noticed there are many .are files that would be dumped in the Override. I, but also many others, would end up losing  earlier vital changes made to those .are files (I'm in particular thinking of OnEnter scripts). Could you tell us what .are changes were required?

Thanks a lot for sharing all this with us.

Cheers! :cheers:

Thanks!

I only changed fog values. So SunFogOn, SunFogNear, SunFogFar and SunFogColor.

Correct me if I am wrong but so far I have not come across a single mod that edits .are files except for this one. That is why I did not set up an installer but if that assessment is wrong, let me know and I will provide a TSLPatcher installation.