djnugent

HELP - Stuck, trying not to have to Reinstall KOTOR1

Any help or suggestions would be great, messed up my own game.

Playing KOTOR1 w/ LS (first run through as LS).

I'm pretty sure I messed it up myself by installing an incompatible mod. 

I am stuck at the part where the EbonHawk is first captured by the Leviathan and your entire crew is standing in the middle of the ship getting ready to go. I can't get past that, the next part of the story won't trigger. No ability to leave the Ebon Hawk. Also, all of the shipboard items are gone (workbench, cargo bay containers, etc).

Is there a file that can be modified, or someplace in KSE that I can trigger the next phase? If not, then I'm seriously looking at reinstalling my game and starting over....

:pc:

So yes...any help to NOT get to that point would be great, cuz I'll be looking at hours of reinstalling all those awesome compatible mods...

Thanks guys!!!

Looks like serious problem.

What mods have you installed?

Looks like serious problem.

What mods have you installed?

um... a lot...

Mostly texture and/or item addtions. I had also installed 'Tatooine Job Office' and 'Ord Mantell' - which I'm about 99% sure is where the problem is, considering my journal(s) are all kinds of messed up.

I tried uninstalling both mods, reinstalling K1R, and reloading my save - no go.

In the future, you should have a copy of an unmodified, vanilla game folder backed up on your Hard Drive ready to go. Should you encounter problems, then you can just delete the game folder and replace it with the backup without having to reinstall the game for the umpteenth time.

Which UTCs were altered? I had a simple problem with a mod that added the Bastila03 thru Bastila05 UTC, and had similar problems to which you described. Also UTC files generally are set in the save file, so an earlier save from before the Leviathan scene may work.

Which UTCs were altered? I had a simple problem with a mod that added the Bastila03 thru Bastila05 UTC, and had similar problems to which you described. Also UTC files generally are set in the save file, so an earlier save from before the Leviathan scene may work.

Not sure. I can take a look later. Interesting...didn't even occur to me that a Bastila mod would do it.. I have to look back now to see what I installed seeing as how I'm pretty sure Bastila is the one that initiates that scene...been a while tho, don't remember

In the future, you should have a copy of an unmodified, vanilla game folder backed up on your Hard Drive ready to go. Should you encounter problems, then you can just delete the game folder and replace it with the backup without having to reinstall the game for the umpteenth time.

Yes, yes...totally learned my own lesson this time - seeing as how I'm a huge proprietor of BACKING UP!!! Got to learn to follow my own advice...

Also, check for any carth files in your override, whether a UTC or a lev40_carth.dlg or something of that nature. If so, try pulling it out of the override, reloading that save (preferably a save just before that level even loads), and if it works, yay! Just throw that file back in after that scene.

Also, check for any carth files in your override, whether a UTC or a lev40_carth.dlg or something of that nature. If so, try pulling it out of the override, reloading that save (preferably a save just before that level even loads), and if it works, yay! Just throw that file back in after that scene.

Life Saver!!!! Did the trick. Removed all of the .DLG files in override just to be sure, then popped them back in. I'm so haaapppyyy...!!!!

Thank you once again, FS! You've helped me successfully embark on my first Light-Side play through of this game.

Light Side Points Gained for Fair Strides!

I would say even Net Light Side Shift awarded.