The Deadly Stream

View File

Description
Just a little joke mod, made in imitation of the old Holowan Spire that Doom_Dealer made.
On this one you can meet and interact with a few of the regulars on the DS forums.
If it proves popular, I may expand it later on.

Please don't be upset if I didn't include you. This is a joke mod, and it's meant
in a spirit of fun.

Installation
Put 'deadlystream.mod' into your Modules folder. Do *NOT* put it in the Override.

To get there in game, type "warp deadlystream" into the console and hit return.

Uninstallation
Remove the file again. :D

Permissions
You may not upload new versions of this mod without my permission.
You may not upload this mod to other websites without my permission.
You may not claim to be the author of this mod.

Credits & Thanks
Thanks to:
- Hassat Hunter for spotting the bug in v1.0;
- Doom_Dealer for the original Holowan Spire;
- Fair Stride for help bugfixing, and for letting me bounce ideas off him;
- DeadlyStream.com for being such a fun, nice place.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/01/2015
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible

Funny... don't quite understand why I say what I say though... also hh01? Am I being replaced? :(

Anyway, it also seems some of the dialogue doesn't run since you remove the actors (varsity puppet for example).

• Like 1

This mod reminds me of the developers room ending of Chrono Trigger.

I'm not with the big dogs <insert "yet" here>, I get it. Fun idea, though.

Could you make this so that there's some way to get there without cheats (like an armband or something)? My swkotor2.ini file is messed up when I try to open it in Notepad, so I can't enable cheats.

^^ Same here

Thanks for the review too, Rece!

This is.... brilliant lol. As someone who's lurked this for a couple years and recently joined, I recognize all these faces and it's fun seeing them as such

My swkotor2.ini file is messed up when I try to open it in Notepad, so I can't enable cheats.

Trying moving the INI file to your desktop, opening it and making your relevant changes there, saving it, and THEN moving it back to where you had it.

Changes in v1.3:

-Corrected issue which prevented one person from spawning;
-Added two more people;
-Added a Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser
-Added a way to get to the area without warping.

Funny... don't quite understand why I say what I say though... also hh01? Am I being replaced? :(

Anyway, it also seems some of the dialogue doesn't run since you remove the actors (varsity puppet for example).

You say what you say because you're hunting Hassatses. :P

As for hh01, that's just a naming convention I used for all the .utc's in the cutscene. Nothing to worry about. :)

VP was meant to be respawned, but there was a bug with it. Fixed now, though. :)

This mod reminds me of the developers room ending of Chrono Trigger.

Is that a good or a bad thing? :P

A horribly made review for this mod xD

Thanks, Rece!

I'd like to say I was invisible :laughing:

I'm not with the big dogs , I get it. Fun idea, though.

It's nothing personal. I just didn't think to add you. If I keep updating this, I'll add you if/when I get to know you better. Or if you want to suggest an appearance and some dialogue, I'll be happy to discuss that. :)

I did finish some places! :P

Lovely mod idea btw!

Thanks, Q!

^^ Same here

Thanks for the review too, Rece!

This is.... brilliant lol. As someone who's lurked this for a couple years and recently joined, I recognize all these faces and it's fun seeing them as such

Thanks!

Could you make this so that there's some way to get there without cheats (like an armband or something)? My swkotor2.ini file is messed up when I try to open it in Notepad, so I can't enable cheats.

Added in v1.3. You can get there from the broken terminal on the crashed spaceship on Dxun.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm glad people are enjoying it. :)

@Insidious  It's a good thing.  Anything that reminds me of Chrono Trigger is a good thing because Chrono Trigger is awesome.  This should be a mod for a secret TSL ending :P.

Trying moving the INI file to your desktop, opening it and making your relevant changes there, saving it, and THEN moving it back to where you had it.

I was going to show you exactly what I meant by it was messed up... and then I opened it and it was fine for the first time ever. Go figure. Now I can edit it normally.

It's nothing personal. I just didn't think to add you. If I keep updating this, I'll add you if/when I get to know you better. Or if you want to suggest an appearance and some dialogue, I'll be happy to discuss that. :D

I suppose that, much as I would like to have myself in it, I should hold off on giving suggestions for that until/unless I gain more notoriety in this community... (I'd love to have someone tell me I'm wrong.)

One more thing. I noticed one minor "flaw" with the mod: when I first warped to the area, Sith Holocron referred to me as "he" and "him," but my character was female. I completely understand if you don't want to bother fixing that, though. I love his reference to KOTOR1, by the way. On the whole, this is a very fun little area.

If you're expanding it later, I think that it might be cool to include the outside of the ship, too, if that wouldn't be too much trouble.

It's nothing personal. I just didn't think to add you. If I keep updating this, I'll add you if/when I get to know you better. Or if you want to suggest an appearance and some dialogue, I'll be happy to discuss that. :D

Thanks InSidious :laughing:

I think my piece of dialogue would be true to my character of choice "whatever"

I think I would wait until you could get what you deem an accurate representation. I don't know how long of a wait that would be.

This is brilliant haha, I would say add the Doctor (also know as stream) but most of the new guys don't know who he is, but I think a mod called deadly stream should at least have some nod to the creator

• Like 1

Insidious, that was the most legitimately laugh-out-loud TSL experience I've ever had. I salute you. I also second Bendarby's suggestion.

This is brilliant haha, I would say add the Doctor (also know as stream) but most of the new guys don't know who he is, but I think a mod called deadly stream should at least have some nod to the creator

Can Doctor be a computer?

Can Doctor be a computer?

No,he needs to be my TARDIS placeable. Let's make it happen. I will legit export it if you swear to use it in this mod, DI

I watched Rece's video of the mod - hillarious. Should've known I'd be a droid. Although my quote would probably fit Hassat better than me :P

• Like 1