Eauxps I. Fourgott

Somewhat major KOTOR2 Issue

I recently got a new computer - Windows 8.1, 64-bit, Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. Installed KOTOR2 and some mods on it... but if I play the game for any significant period of time, the entire computer will crash and I have to force shut it down and restart. I've tried turning the graphics options down some and running it in Windows XP compatability mode, but still no luck. I am still able to play the game, but the crashes are rather irritating and can result in lost progress.

I have the KOTOR Collection version of the game (1 CD) and am using the following mods:

-TSLRCM 1.8.4

-M4-78 EP 1.2

-SLM and Apostle Sabers Add-on (I don't see this listed in the downloads section any more - has it been removed?)

-Onderon Traveler Clothing (Got it from Gamefront, couldn't find it there, but it's at this link - http://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-mod/onderon-traveler-clothing-1-1)

-Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion

-High Level Force Powers v2 and 2.1 Update (I believe I got this from the now defunct KOTORFiles)

-M4-78 Movies Remade (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/572-m4-78-movies-remade/)

-Handmaiden 4 Females - Disciple 4 Males for TSLRCM 1.8.3 (Just realized that I have a different version of this than of the RCM, but that wouldn't cause a computer crash)

-Dustil Restoration (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/343-dustil-restoration/)

-Choose Mira or Hanharr (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/108-choose-mira-or-hanharr/)

-Combat Simulation Arena (not sure where I got this from, sorry)

So far, I have not quite yet made it to the point on Peragus where the Harbinger shows up (just need to finish obtaining the voiceprint for the airlock). If anybody has any ideas on how to fix this problem, I'd be very appreciative!

Just some observations from your mod list:

• Apostle Sabers add-on is already included in the latest version of SLM hence its removal. Double-check that you have the latest SLM.
  • You are using 1.8.3 version of Handmaiden 4 Females; the latest version is 1.8.4. I know you realize it, but this would cause issues down the line.

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but I had to point these out.

Also, Dustil Restoration and SLM would conflict depending on install order.

Dustil Restoration would be installed after SLM in order for that mod to work properly because of 711KOR, and you'd be missing one saber drop from SLM in the tomb, but other than that, should be ok.

(So really, Dustil Restoration and SLM conflict. May want to pick just one)

Also, Dustil Restoration and SLM would conflict depending on install order.

Dustil Restoration would be installed after SLM in order for that mod to work properly because of 711KOR, and you'd be missing one saber drop from SLM in the tomb, but other than that, should be ok.

(So really, Dustil Restoration and SLM conflict. May want to pick just one)

Oh, okay. Thanks for that info. I'm having to do a fresh install anyway, so I can make sure that that's fine.

UPDATE

After doing a fresh install, I decided to try playing some without any mods installed and see how that worked. I played for almost an hour, which I hadn't been able to do before, using the same settings as before, and got as far as I have in my other playthrough (which took about 3 or 4 crashes to get to at first). No crashes thus far. Next I'm going to try installing all the mods again, hope the reinstall hasn't rendered my other save unusable, and see how that works out.

So where are you up to? Because one thing about SLM (if you're trying to use it again) is that you would need to have it installed prior to getting to the Telos Military base, because that's where sabers (or crystals) start to drop.

At the very least, before you step on to the Ebon Hawk for the first time (so after talking to Atris). That way you only missed one schematic and a crystal for a one off saber.

But it's kinda necessary because of all the waypoints that are used within 003EBO.mod. So you could go back to a save prior to that in order for SLM to work correctly.

Just FYI. :)

So where are you up to? Because one thing about SLM (if you're trying to use it again) is that you would need to have it installed prior to getting to the Telos Military base, because that's where sabers (or crystals) start to drop.

At the very least, before you step on to the Ebon Hawk for the first time (so after talking to Atris). That way you only missed one schematic and a crystal for a one off saber.

But it's kinda necessary because of all the waypoints that are used within 003EBO.mod. So you could go back to a save prior to that in order for SLM to work correctly.

Just FYI. :D

Still haven't made it to even the airwalk on Peragus, and it might be a while until I get much farther, between being kind of busy and also playing through KOTOR1 right now. I've installed all of my mods again now and hope to do an extended session soon to determine if my big problem is still going on or if the reinstall solved it. There's one encouraging sign - the movies played at the beginning of the game, and I don't think that they did before.

UPDATE

Well, I played for a good chunk of time this afternoon (40 minutes minimum) and got all the way from working on the voiceprint code to the Harbinger. No problems encountered. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that the reinstall managed to do the trick.