58 replies to this topic

#41 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:00 PM

I made a separate topic about this, but maybe this is the more appropriate place to address general questions related to the KSE tool?

Basically, I've been having an issue with some of the features in KSE 3.3.7a. Some features, like 'Attributes' or 'Inventory' seem to work just fine, but some, like 'Feats' or 'Quests' don't show up when the option is expanded. They have worked previously, with the same version of KSE, when I was closer to the beginning of the game, but now that I've progressed a bit, they seem to be gone. I've tried using older saves now, but the same problem seems to persist. I'll leave a screen shot showing what I mean. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As you see in the screenshot, the option will expand, but only little, uneditable dashes show up, which is the issue I'm asking about.

Have you done anything with mods or erasing files?

Have you tried re-downloading the KSE from here?

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#42 MAStephens

MAStephens

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:37 AM

I don't have any mods, and I've tried re-downloading twice to no avail. I even tried downloading a previous version which didn't seem to help it out too much. I'm not sure if it helps, but I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

#43 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:39 AM

Okay, have you done anything with the game in-between KSE working and not working?

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#44 MAStephens

MAStephens

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:22 AM

I don't believe so. If you mean have I modified any of the files, or anything like that, then no I haven't. I have progressed in the story of the game though. And I should note that it's not as though KSE won't start or anything like that, it's just that certain features (quests, feats, etc.) don't seem to work anymore.

#45 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:24 AM

Which game? Which version? Where is it installed? What exactly is your process when operating KSE?

#46 MAStephens

MAStephens

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:36 AM

KOTOR 1; Version 1.03; it's installed in program files; the process when operating KSE is just clicking on the KSE_337.exe and waiting for it to open, then clicking on the dropbox for the particular save in question

#47 DrXann

DrXann

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

How do you edit your saves for KOTOR2 when they're stored in a completely different place instead of the main saves folder.

#48 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:11 AM

How do you edit your saves for KOTOR2 when they're stored in a completely different place instead of the main saves folder.

Move them to the main saves folder, edit them, and then move them back?

#49 DrXann

DrXann

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

I'm confused how do you edit your saves when they are stored in something called VirtualStore instead of the usual saves folder.I tried moving them over but that doesn't work

#50 Tiffany

Tiffany

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

Are you sure it's safe now? You link to this virus total report: https://www.virustot...sis/1442555614/

SHA256: 799224ccf99cb201ff860e1032d5969dac99fb517d38540a78e4d1a432553359

File name: KSE_337.exe

Detection ratio: 0 / 55

But the download button here downloads a file called KSE_337(1).7z and it has a different SHA256. It also comes up with a trojan. https://www.virustot...73f6e/analysis/

SHA256: be1f32beb9598c52553d9427fb82ddfc50c83bd7788e738e6d54a8c5c3573f6e

File name: KSE_337(1).7z

Detection ratio: 1 / 55

Antivirus Result Update

Zillya Trojan.Kryptik.Win32.809758 20160116

So... are you sure that's safe? Because the scan results say it still has a trojan. I get that the hash doesn't match because you only scanned KSE_337.exe and I scanned the entire 7z, so here's a scan of just the KSE_337.exe - https://www.virustot...47bda/analysis/

No virus. But it detected a trojan somewhere in the 7z... so it must be something else in there. Here's the KPF.exe - https://www.virustot...671ba/analysis/

SHA256: 9580d2f5cceb052603d5d4483cac03c9a09ec0dcc35d7a9a3ff71153b29671ba

File name: KPF.exe

Detection ratio: 2 / 55

Antivirus Result Update

Symantec SAPE.Heur.A8781 20160107

Zillya Trojan.Kryptik.Win32.809758 20160107

And here's the updater.exe (clean) - https://www.virustot...cdef0/analysis/

So... maybe the KPF.exe needs recompiled, because it certainly seems like it might still have a trojan in it.

edit: For the sake of being thorough, here's the old version...

kse_335.zip - https://www.virustot...1364c/analysis/
2 / 56 detected.
NANO-Antivirus     Trojan.Win32.Agent.dlemts     20150827
VBA32     Trojan.Reconyc     20150827

kse_335.exe - https://www.virustot...96801/analysis/
2/55 again, same trojans.

kse_335_TJM.exe - https://www.virustot...f97d5/analysis/
3/56, an extra trojan this time.
NANO-Antivirus     Trojan.Win32.Agent.dlemts     20150108
VBA32     Trojan.Reconyc     20150106
Zillya     Trojan.Gauss2.Win32.1     20150106

libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll - https://www.virustot...a3ced/analysis/
1/54
CMC     Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Gamarue.1!O     20151216

libstdc++-6.dll - https://www.virustot...0ef17/analysis/
it's clean

perl516.dll - https://www.virustot...e41e0/analysis/
it's clean

#51 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

Please forgive any traces of irritation, but on Steam I've already had to deal with a host of "Hey! Is it clean?!" posts and seen some people get pretty freaking arrogant and up-tight about how their testing can't be wrong...

I've already said in the past that KSE is clean, but that with the programming language the OLD KPF was written in (autoit3), anything more than a "Hello World!" message is flagged as a virus. This has been a running issue with autoit3 for years, and a quick internet search will show plenty of proof to that statement.

A new KPF was made and is available from the KSE on Steam Workshop. There, you'll also find a download link if you just need the new KPF.

Oh, and the filenames don't match because I had someone else update the KSE upload when my net wasn't cooperating for me to do so. :(

• LDR likes this

#52 DrXann

DrXann

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

The older version of the KSE editor says it can't find saves when the save folder is right there is this a bug or does it have something to do with Windows 7 storing them in a different spot.

#53 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

Which "older version" are you referring to?

If you don't run the games as an administrator, the Windows will put the savegames in a VirtualStore folder in your Appdata. If your Saves folder is empty, check the appdata. If it isn't empty, then are you trying to get it to register cloud saves?

#54 DrXann

DrXann

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:00 AM

Its version 335 oh and this is the 4 CD retail version not steam.One thing I don't get is that how come it doesn't accept changes even when the save folder.Are you saying your supposed to run the game as an Administrator even when with the save changes.

I got it to work  thanks for the help.

#55 Soul--Reaver

Soul--Reaver

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:27 AM

Just a small fyi

While the version on Steam Workshop seems fine, the version that can be downloaded from deadlystream still seems to have an older version of KPF which causes a virus message on my pc

I verified that the CRC of the steam version and deadlystream version of KPF are different.

The KSE in both packages is the same though. Wonder why KPF is not

#56 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

I've now updated both the Deadlystream and the Nexus Mods versions.

#57 Mandalore_44

Mandalore_44

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

Hi!  I am experiencing a problem with both KSE 3.3.5 and 3.3.7a.  I am playing using discs (not Steam files) and have a folder labeled "saves" inside my KotOR directory.  This folder has my saves in it.  When I run 3.3.7a, it tells me that there are no saves and that it is terminating the program.  When I run 3.3.5, it finds the save files, but refuses to commit changes.  I attached the error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

• Attached File  KSE.JPG   20.06KB   0 downloads

#58 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

As this thread has morphed from a News statement to a help thread, I have moved the topic to a more logical location.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#59 Darth_Edward

Darth_Edward

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:03 AM

Is KSE - Full package (May 4th 2017)-103-3-3-7a clear, or infected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users