83 replies to this topic

#81 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:53 AM

Yes, I am. It's just going slowly partially due to some missing testing reports but mostly due to the fact that bug fixing isn't really that fun so I usually prefer doing something else^^

And on top of that is that the exam phase for this summer has started and won't end until the next semester starts in October, which leaves me with less time to work on mods.

The good news is that the thing I did instead of working on this mod is to work on my skybox mods which has been my primary focus for the last weeks (not that I have anything to show for it, but I did make some progress there).

Anyway, the mod is still in progress and even though it's going slowly it's at least going (somewhat) steady :D

#82 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

I just fixed a small vanilla bug that prevents Juhani from appearing in the post-Leviathan Ebon Hawk scene where the group discusses the Revan revelation. It was due to a spelling error in the tag of Juhani's waypoint.

However, I have a problem with that scene: I just don't get how the characters are actually spawned. The module is ebo_m40ad and I know that waypoints are used to spawn them as the wrong tag prevented Juhani's spawn. But I just can't find the script that's actually doing this. From what I can tell, there's no OnEnter script and while there is a trigger, it is only used to start the conversation and not to spawn the characters. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them as I need to check something in the spawn script.

• jc2 likes this

#83 bead-v

bead-v

Evil Malachor Overlord

• Premium Member
  • 340 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

However, I have a problem with that scene: I just don't get how the characters are actually spawned. The module is ebo_m40ad and I know that waypoints are used to spawn them as the wrong tag prevented Juhani's spawn. But I just can't find the script that's actually doing this. From what I can tell, there's no OnEnter script and while there is a trigger, it is only used to start the conversation and not to spawn the characters. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them as I need to check something in the spawn script.

An onEnter script can also be specified in the module.ifo – ebo_m40ad has, under Mod_OnModLoad, the script k_pebn_pophawk that spawns the NPCs.

#84 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

An onEnter script can also be specified in the module.ifo – ebo_m40ad has, under Mod_OnModLoad, the script k_pebn_pophawk that spawns the NPCs.

Ah, that's good to know. I thought they have to be specified in the .are. Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users