90 replies to this topic

#21 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

I just hit a milestone in the development of this mod :)

All new and edited scenes are done (and working as far as I can tell). Some of those still need to be tested to make sure they're actually doing what they're supposed to do, but having them all ingame is a great feeling.

This may sound as if the mod was as good as done, but it certainly is not. I still need to rewrite the entire companion dialog and some of the other dialog I've written before simply because I either didn't really captured the way Juhani speaks or because it's lacking character development. I have some cool ideas for that, but planing and writing all of this will take time :)

I still have 1.5 weeks until my lectures start and I want to get as much as possible done in that time, since I don't know how much I can work on the mod afterwards. We'll see what happens :)

#22 MagicMuck14

MagicMuck14

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:17 PM

I really like the idea. I just wish the dialogue seemed more realistic, even if that's just making their mouths move as they talk. What I am sure would work is if you said something like "if you rejoin the temple, you could grow your dark power in secret." I know she say "that's true" in another dialogue on the ship. You could the add make her responds "that's true" ...(continue with the diologe as if you save her which is something like( "very well I shall return to the enclave at once." All this combine with mouths moving would be slick as all get out!:)

#23 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Glad you like it :)

Now, if you reread my original post in this thread you'll notice how I state that the Dantooine scene is done except for voice overs and lipsync. Those certainly will be added to the mod but as the very last thing once everything is working properly. But I won't use spliced dialogue as you suggested. I originally tried that and it might work for the Dantooine scene but overall there are just way too many new lines for this to work in even a semi decent way. I'll have to find a voice actree for Juhani instead (see the rest of the thread).

#24 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

I can probably find you someone to voice Belaya, if you still need a VA for her. For Juhani, it seems you still haven't found a VA for her. I know someone who would be willing to rerecord all of Juhani's lines, making everything seamless with your mod, but she doesn't sound all that much like the original VA, so it would be a bit jarring. It might work if you get stuck, though.

#25 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:28 AM

You probably want to hold off with voice actor suggestions until he's completely done with the dialogue and gets feedback that it works from a objective group of play testers. You see, you'll find that if it's a large part you will only have basically one shot to give them the script. When you have hundreds of lines like Juhani has, you don't have opportunities for do-overs.

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. 

~ Sith Holocron

Have you read my blog? You really should.

#26 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

ahah This is great!! Have you thought about the DS ending yet? When she says, "don't follow this dark path.. blah blah blah jedi are nicer be them." Mabye change that dialogue too!?  So it would be like Juhani +bastila+revan against poor old Jolee Bindo?? AHAHAH He'd be screwed!

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Grey Jedi "Shanilia" > http://deadlystream..../1044-shanilia/

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#27 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

Sith Holocron is right. I need to make sure every line is final before contacting actors since there will be many many lines and this requires me to write them and have them tested by several people first. And this will take at least a few months. But once I'm there I might come back to your suggestions :)

@jc2: Yes, both the DS and the LS ending have new outcomes depending on Juhanis stance. I did all the necessary scenes and from this point of view the mod is done. For more on what's left to be done read this post.

• jc2 likes this

#28 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

Still hyped! Would this mod be compatible with other Juhani reskins? I'm not a huge fan of Juhani reskins but there is one I like. 

Chainz.2da has a mod on this site called Juhani's Dark Robe, which looks beautiful and would be nice to have along with this one.

Could it be compatible? Do they replace each other? 

Link to mod http://deadlystream....nis-dark-robe/ 

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

#29 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

I don't know. Depends on how his mod works. If it edits Juhanis line in the 2da file it should work, if it edits Juhanis .utc files it won't.

#30 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Confirmed.

I have a copy here, and it uses UTC files and doesn't use the TSLPatcher.

So, it probably isn't compatible.

|____________>>_______>>__/

#31 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:04 AM

Confirmed.

I have a copy here, and it uses UTC files and doesn't use the TSLPatcher.

So, it probably isn't compatible.

Okay thanks. I'll take this mod over that one any day. No offense to the modder of the Dark Juhani Robe. 

KOTOR FOR LIFE

#32 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

It's been a while but I finally continued working on this mod :D

No major advances yet, but I wrote the general outline for dark side Juhani's party member dialog. It's basically the same as the original Juhani dialog with a few additions for new possible situations. Here's a screenshot, maybe you can spot some hints of what you can expect (although I made the spoiler parts unreadable ;) )

Attached File  DSJ_Dialog.jpg   611.7KB   3 downloads

Now I just need to write all of that stuff... And to make things more interesting I will also implement a system that will adapt Juhanis reactions to how far she has fallen to the dark side. Technically that's no problem but it will make writing the dialog even more complicated.

That's it for now. Not much, I know, but I wanted to let you know that I'm back working on this mod.

#33 Ebony Moon

Ebony Moon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

This sounds awesome. It would be cool to have a dark side Jedi in the crew. As it is, my ds Revan mostly tends to have Canderous and HK47 as his party.

#34 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

I can help with the writing, if you need it.

#35 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:55 PM

Any updates on this?? I'm so curious!

KOTOR FOR LIFE

#36 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Not really :(

I did get some dialog done, but then I ended up focusing on the TSL Backdrops to get those out of the way. But now that they are, I intend to focus on getting this done.

Thanks for your interest :)

#37 cormag778

cormag778

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

Hey Kexikus, thanks for the awesome work on this mod (and all the others). I know you're incredibly busy, but do you have an outline of the release date for the mod or is just going to happen when it happens? 

Thanks for all the hard work!

#38 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

It's done when it's done, yes. I'm making good progress to having the mod in a fully playable state but even then it will still take a while for it to be actually done, so no promises on release dates.

#39 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

It's dangerous to go into a WIP thread alone. Here, take this:

WID.png

#40 cormag778

cormag778

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:28 AM

Ha, I figured. I just know some modders take the attitude "I will have it out by X date or I will kill myself" and others take the attitude "It's a labor of love and I will take the time that I need for it." 

Once again, thanks for all the hard work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users