#41 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

I'm open to that. What exactly are these re-textures, Jorak?

Update: removed the droid from Dantooine as it barely spends any time in that section.

"I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is."

-David Byrne True Stories

#42 Jorak Uln

Jorak Uln

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

I'm open to that. What exactly are these re-textures, Jorak?

Update: removed the droid from Dantooine as it barely spends any time in that section.

to clarify, I'm not talking about new skyboxes, but my texture pack series - currently , Taris, Dantooine, Tatooine, Manaan also at 80 % finished.

(if you're interested to try out, I could send you Manaan, where the landing bay is finished)

http://deadlystream....l-taris-manaan/

What I mean is just, that your rendering your skybox with my textures (instead of the low res vanilla ones) installed...

#43 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:20 AM

I just might do that, though it'll be a while, as I need to finish up TSL.

Speaking of, how about some Korriban?

luBqyE5.jpg

rYQ0Ayx.jpg

6C9cZf2.jpg

6wf12qK.jpg

After the prototypes are done, I'll use some grid patterns to calculate the exact aspect ratio and positioning of each image.

"I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is."

#44 Nomnisang

Nomnisang

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Yankton

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:57 AM

That looks awesome!

ubNnpTx.gif

#45 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Anyone notice just how tiny the Ebon Hawk is when it's on Korriban? I know that they adjusted scaling to make it not seem monolithic, but it feels like a child's clubhouse!

#46 Juliandroid

Juliandroid

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

Those comparison shots not only emphasize the quality of your work, but show how much a mod like this was needed. My override folder waits.

#47 Kainzorus Prime

Kainzorus Prime

Electric Sex Robot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

Anyone notice just how tiny the Ebon Hawk is when it's on Korriban? I know that they adjusted scaling to make it not seem monolithic, but it feels like a child's clubhouse!

Ebon TARDIS.

#48 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

Ebon TARDIS.

People don't know that the Force is actually a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

#49 sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

Sith'ari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationLand of Oz

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

Have you considered making your 3D scene files available as a modder's resource. I ask in that these new cockpit textures generally only work for the vanilla version of the game, not, modded ones.

There are a number of world texture replacers released or in the works, if those modders want to create their own versions, they would have to do something similar to yourself or try another technique. Having something that is already set up and just needs textures/materials changed, would be a big help.

Just a thought.

#50 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

Who's up for some Dxun?

m4I7o1V.jpg

MSKZwJ9.jpg

rKPLiIV.jpg

40eZ2za.jpg

Sure, I might release the files as a modder's resource. The OBJs would just contain the models, though. I'd also release the scene files, but those are for Maya only. I think FBX can go into 3DsMax, so I'll look into that.

#51 0oDarkLordRevano0

0oDarkLordRevano0

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

*drool*

#52 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

Just added grass to Dxun. Re-rendered what I have so far according to my calculations (using a grid texture for Dxun's skybox). If anyone's interested, here are some specs to get correct and distortion free cockpit skyboxes:

-Render 5461x5522 with Mental Ray latlong lens (spherical lens, minimal distortion when cropped)

-Offset down 93px
-Crop to 4096x1024

For higher or lower resolutions, multiply or divide all of the above numbers by a binary number (2, 4, 8, 16, etc.)

The texture has a horizontal FOV of 240 degrees and a vertical FOV of 33.38 degrees

Due to lightmaps (I think), the textures are at 50% brightness. The following steps compensate for reduced brightness:

Simulate in-game glow:

-Duplicate layer, turn gamma down as far as it goes

-Use motion blur (horizontal blur length = vertical blur length x 2.022; bur two passes for each direction)

-Set blending to "Screen"

-Flatten
Brightness compensation:
-Gamma 1.5
-Saturation 25

To place the texture into KotOR II, put in into the GROUPED cockpit skybox textures (two of them, 4 skyboxes each). The textures are EBO_Sky01.tpc and EBO_Sky02.tpc.

Soon I will do the Telos Citidel Station skybox, and maybe Peragus. Is there a way to look out of the Ebon Hawk cockpit while docked at the Telos academy? Come to think of it, do you even see an inch of the Peragus hanger outside of the ship?

#53 Taki17

Taki17

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Soon I will do the Telos Citidel Station skybox, and maybe Peragus. Is there a way to look out of the Ebon Hawk cockpit while docked at the Telos academy? Come to think of it, do you even see an inch of the Peragus hanger outside of the ship?

The Telos academy hangar is not visible from the ship, as far as I'm aware; but the Peragus hangar is, when you can't take out some of the sith soldiers with the turret and you have to fight them aboard the Hawk.

Intel Core i7 4770k * ASUS STRIX GTX1060 O6G * Corsair Vengeance 4x4 GB DDR3 * ASUS Maximus Hero VI

#54 Kainzorus Prime

Kainzorus Prime

Electric Sex Robot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

Is there a way to look out of the Ebon Hawk cockpit while docked at the Telos academy?

That is an interesting question. There -might- be a moment like that, when you return to the academy to confront Atris during the endgame. I have a save handy and will check if you can even board the ship at that point.

Edit: The answer is, no.

#55 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:55 AM

Welcome to KotOR burger, would you like a Telos combo meal?

HVoWrxm.jpg

LE35q5w.jpg

UJeR07y.jpg

#56 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:57 AM

Like night and day once again.

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#57 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

There's nothing to be said except for: Wow, that's amazing :D

Pj1kKbw.jpg

#58 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

Sorry I haven't been working much on this.  I just got a job and returned to school, so things are pretty hectic right now.

#59 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,354 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

Good luck with work and school. The community understands that modders have to set real world priorities.
My Mods . . . the complete list Please leave reviews as I like to know when I've done something right, for a change.

#60 tjsase

tjsase

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:06 PM

Well I'm back (hopefully) at KotOR after a long break only to realize I forgot to put the M4-78 cockpit skybox texture in my mod. I also don't have the mod installed at the moment, so does anyone remember the name of that particular texture? Also, anyone have knowledge on modifying lightmaps? The textures I'm working on are dimmed and I can't figure out how to have them display at full brightness.

Anywho, I'm hopefully going to update my current mod file to include the M4-78 texture once I find the name, and perhaps after I'll release a 2.0 mod that includes Peragus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users