tjsase

[WIP] HD Cockpit Skyboxes

Not sure... I can't export the animations into Maya, but I could rig and recreate them. However, at the resolution and distance they are in the texture, it probably wouldn't payoff and could lead to huge file sizes.

Not sure... I can't export the animations into Maya, but I could rig and recreate them. However, at the resolution and distance they are in the texture, it probably wouldn't payoff and could lead to huge file sizes.

That's very complicated :D I'd just screenshot them in 4 or more positions and place them in their spot in photoshop^^

Motherboard swap was successful, though I had to reinstall windows and all my programs.  With my new hardware, I can render at higher resolutions, so now the final mod release should have textures 4k in width rather than my planned 2k

Motherboard swap was successful, though I had to reinstall windows and all my programs.  With my new hardware, I can render at higher resolutions, so now the final mod release should have textures 4k in width rather than my planned 2k

Awesome, really looking forward to this. Seems this is the year of great KOTOR visual mods.

So here's some of the textures I've made so far (M4-78 is flipped but in game it's flipped back) (Gamma was adjusted to compensate for darkening in-game, maybe a lightmap issue?).

q6q14Dv.jpg

Now that I've discovered Imgur, I'll edit my previous posts to embed the screenshots

• Like 2

I was afraid that Dantooine was far too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry, I have screenies:

L7DrgCf.jpg

18EhOAQ.jpg

gas9j1M.jpg

01yfNo2.jpg

@tjsase: 

very interesting project here! Good work on the skyboxes.

How do you make the skyboxes? If you look at the Dantooine scenery for example, the world textures are vanilla - so i wonder would you be able to do that with custom textures (e.g. from a texture overhaul) too?

Im asking because i currently overhaul K1 textures, and just want to know if you plan to do Kotor as well? If so, you could use my textures for it if you like.

Perhaps I could do that. I save the final scenes of these so that I can just re-render when I need to, so alternate versions are definitely possible.

Jorak: With the ultimate end result of bundling the outside and cockpit skyboxes together?

Well, idk if its a bundle, but what i meant was, that tjsase uses my retextured scenery for his skybox instead of the old vanilla ones. 

Well, idk if its a bundle, but what i meant was, that tjsase uses my retextured scenery for his skybox instead of the old vanilla ones.

My point was that you could bundle your skybox and his skybox that uses your texture together if he used it. You know...saving folks an extra download?

I'm open to that. What exactly are these re-textures, Jorak?

Update: removed the droid from Dantooine as it barely spends any time in that section.

I'm open to that. What exactly are these re-textures, Jorak?

Update: removed the droid from Dantooine as it barely spends any time in that section.

to clarify, I'm not talking about new skyboxes, but my texture pack series - currently , Taris, Dantooine, Tatooine, Manaan also at 80 % finished.

(if you're interested to try out, I could send you Manaan, where the landing bay is finished)

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/575-sith-base-complete-overhaul-taris-manaan/

What I mean is just, that your rendering your skybox with my textures (instead of the low res vanilla ones) installed...

I just might do that, though it'll be a while, as I need to finish up TSL.

Speaking of, how about some Korriban?

luBqyE5.jpg

rYQ0Ayx.jpg

6C9cZf2.jpg

6wf12qK.jpg

After the prototypes are done, I'll use some grid patterns to calculate the exact aspect ratio and positioning of each image.

Anyone notice just how tiny the Ebon Hawk is when it's on Korriban? I know that they adjusted scaling to make it not seem monolithic, but it feels like a child's clubhouse!

Those comparison shots not only emphasize the quality of your work, but show how much a mod like this was needed. My override folder waits.

Ebon TARDIS.

People don't know that the Force is actually a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

• Like 1

Have you considered making your 3D scene files available as a modder's resource. I ask in that these new cockpit textures generally only work for the vanilla version of the game, not, modded ones.

There are a number of world texture replacers released or in the works, if those modders want to create their own versions, they would have to do something similar to yourself or try another technique. Having something that is already set up and just needs textures/materials changed, would be a big help.

Just a thought.

Who's up for some Dxun?

m4I7o1V.jpg

MSKZwJ9.jpg

rKPLiIV.jpg

40eZ2za.jpg

Sure, I might release the files as a modder's resource. The OBJs would just contain the models, though. I'd also release the scene files, but those are for Maya only. I think FBX can go into 3DsMax, so I'll look into that.

• Like 1