Sith Holocron

In your opinion: Coruscant Expansion Discussion

While searching for a Jedi or traces of them sounds like a good idea,

I have always seen the mod as an intermission between the main plot where the Exile has their "training montage" and visits old locations just for the sake of nostalgia. From a storyline perspective, the Exile is tired of all of the constant action, and just wants to find themselves or something; anything that seems familiar to offset the chaos they see day by day.

Edit-

If DarkSide, perhaps a rumor of powerful artifacts not unlike Atris' motivations could also be reasonable, in my mind. ;)

Unfortunately, the Jedi's absence would have caused a sudden lack of security, and certainly the Coruscanti would be curious as to where the Jedi went or what happened to them. (This is how I interpreted the droids in the main hall and Republic soldiers at the entrance) These same people could also be trying to gather what was left of the Jedi to try and give the Republic much needed resources, which I'm sure the Coruscant government council would request. IE: "The Jedi failed as protectors, but maybe their wealth can help us"

Lastly, I interpreted the Sith within the Temple as a contingent of the assassins that struck the remaining members, which is still stalking for remaining Jedi. However a Baran Do disciple could just as easily fit, as they may have contributed to the Jedi's extinction or were contacted by the Triumvirate with the charge of wiping the Jedi out.

I think for keeping it balanced with loot, a republic officer should mention most of the jedi artefact/ holocrons/ lightsabers where stored at a secret Republic storehouse. Except for the high security areas which only force user could access.  

If it can't be a Force-user, and it can't be a non-Force-user, what remains?

I wouldn't call that Jedi Temple's original quest much of a quest, really. Unless we're talking here about some other mod that I believe.

But if Coruscant is expanded outside the temple, it would definitely need a night club. What is Coruscant without nightclubs? And a swoop track, if possible... if you can ride swoops in Coruscant. I'm not sure how it goes.

Hes German but i think translating wont be a problem.

As long as the translator is good, too.

I really need to stop reading this topic. I like where it is going a bit too much.

While searching for a Jedi or traces of them sounds like a good idea,

I have always seen the mod as an intermission between the main plot where the Exile has their "training montage" and visits old locations just for the sake of nostalgia. From a storyline perspective, the Exile is tired of all of the constant action, and just wants to find themselves or something; anything that seems familiar to offset the chaos they see day by day.

Edit-

If DarkSide, perhaps a rumor of powerful artifacts not unlike Atris' motivations could also be reasonable, in my mind. ;)

Unfortunately, the Jedi's absence would have caused a sudden lack of security, and certainly the Coruscanti would be curious as to where the Jedi went or what happened to them. (This is how I interpreted the droids in the main hall and Republic soldiers at the entrance) These same people could also be trying to gather what was left of the Jedi to try and give the Republic much needed resources, which I'm sure the Coruscant government council would request. IE: "The Jedi failed as protectors, but maybe their wealth can help us"

Lastly, I interpreted the Sith within the Temple as a contingent of the assassins that struck the remaining members, which is still stalking for remaining Jedi. However a Baran Do disciple could just as easily fit, as they may have contributed to the Jedi's extinction or were contacted by the Triumvirate with the charge of wiping the Jedi out.

IDT most people would be that interested as there was only 100 Jedi left after the civil war, and many people treated them as the bad guys...

The whole game is about finding Jedi Masters.  What would be the effect on Coruscant if suddenly they were all gone?  That might an interesting way to approach Coruscant.

Would it not make more sense to consider the areas that might be built before forging ahead with possible story lines?  I think knowing what can be added can help shape everything else.  This is entirely dependent on what area makers would be willing to contribute  That's "areas" mind you, and not "textures."

• Like 1

Well, this is certainly ambitious to create another mod like M4-78. To be honest though, if there is any mod that needs expanding, I would think it would be Exile's Genoharadan mod, simply because that would be bringing in new content and at the same time restoring old content. That, plus the one removed cutscene with Sion Vs. Nihilus is a really unfortunate loss to the game.

But anyways, good luck with expanding the original Coruscant mod.

The Coruscant planet plot is[/id] the side quest. Any additional elements to Coruscant should be very simple and easy to make, I think.

2. A group of Bounty Hunters or mercs or whatever that rigged the temple for traps so they could lure a Jedi and get dat cash yo. Imagine a finale in which you have to fight through the Jedi Temple filled to the brim with highly-skilled mercs, trying to catch either you or the Baran Do guy from above.

That's a great take on things, I think. I don't think we need any specific reason to go to Coruscant, it's the Jedi HQ, their home, where their biggest archives are, where most were taught, etc. Weapons, knowledge, possible allies. naturally Jedi are going to be attracted to go back there. Smart Bounty Hunters would know this and plan accordingly.

The Baron Do, Matukai, Jal Shey, and the Zeison Sha would all be viable organizations of force users to include, and I think all would have reason to investigate the temple in the absence of Jedi.

I think of this expansion as building a "playset" so others could add their own content to it once it's released into the wild. Why tie down a planet to just one story when everyone could provide their own take on it.

For example, an optional add on for Disciple to search for holocrons? Or one of the non-plot related suggestions above? The setting would remain the same but the plot content could change depending on which story the player connects with the "playset" ...

As for the GenoHardan cut content, feel free to create a new thread about it.

stayontarget_zpsjrb6u7rg.gif

This thread is about Coruscant.

If you did want to have a Jedi to find on Coruscant, there actually is one canonically. See my post on pg. 1 regarding Dorjander Kace.

There's a lot of different ways you could include him, but it depends on what story you'd want to make of the planet.

Also just to inform the community, I've always heard that an area should be no more than 50,000 polies. I am assuming that bigger and better machines (since the engine base came out 12 years ago), will allow greater processing to have bigger poly counts. The Senate room is around 115,000 if I remember correctly and works perfectly. It just takes a little bit longer for exporting and such which is expected since I'm trying to eat an elephant in one bit...

May also having something new coming which if it works will be a major break through for modeling feasibility. I'll let you guys know as soon I find out.

You guys can use it for this project but I would like to do some finishing touches to it before it goes public.

You guys can use it for this project but I would like to do some finishing touches to it before it goes public.

By all means, take your time to get it to where you think it should be!

Anyone up for creating a Senate Building Exterior?

I am currently working on the senate tower. Unfortunately, I am having trouble linking the images from the deadly stream gallery.

This may take some time. As stated texturing is a pain.I will do my best though.

• Like 2

I am currently working on the senate tower. Unfortunately, I am having trouble linking the images from the deadly stream gallery.

This may take some time. As stated texturing is a pain.I will do my best though.

I'm sure folks here would love to attempt to texture it, if you want a hand.

It's nothing big but here's a small add-on mod I made for Coruscant: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/778-tsl-galaxy-map-fix-coruscant-addon-new-coruscant-icon-and-planet-textures/

It consists of two parts: The first one is an AddOn for bead-v's TSL Galaxy Map Fix that moves Coruscant to it's correct position. The second part is an AddOn to hk-42s Jedi Temple Expansion in that it adds a new icon for Coruscant and a new texture for the 3d planet model. This one also comes with a new cubemap used to make the lights on Coruscants night side shine.

• Like 3

This sounds like a very interesting project. There's nothing I can offer in terms of modding, but I have some ideas I think would be fun:

HK-47 mentions in KotOR I that he used to kill political opponents for his master, and maybe you could take up something similar. Work out who to join to make the most credits, and influence the outcome of whatever political battle is taking place. Similar to Onderon, you could have news terminals talking about the events you took part in. 

There would be very mixed reactions to there being a Jedi back on Coruscant; and seeing as the reward for capturing a Jedi is apparently enough to afford a planet, it wouldn't be a safe place for the Exile and his/her companions.

Getting in to the Jedi Temple should be saved for last, maybe it could be under some kind of lockdown and by helping the right politician, they can find a way to get you in there. The plot with the Senate/politicians would really just be leading up to the main event: the Jedi Temple.

There's not too many options for an original "boss" fight at the end of the Temple. Maybe instead of a standard fight there could be some kind of mystery to solve or item to find. KotOR II has always been more dialogue-centred than the first game. Obviously there'd be enemies in and around the place.

One idea I had was that you can find a Force Ghost of an old Jedi Master whose apprentice went missing in some sort of accident or battle, and couldn't rest until they were sure of the apprentice's safety. You could examine Temple records and get information from datapads in corpses to determine the fate of the apprentice and other Jedi in the temple. You'd end up finding evidence that the apprentice survived the incident that killed the Master and return it to him. The Dark Side option would be to tamper with or destroy the evidence and leave the Master either thinking his apprentice was dead or that there is no evidence, leaving him to suffer as a restless spirit forever.

It'd be a fun adventure and getting around the temple could make use of various skills and party members. Also KotOR II lacks some good puzzles (which aren't given away by having high intelligence) so it would be an ideal place to put some in.

I don't know if what I'm asking for is possible, but I thought I'd share my ideas.

For new areas? I'm just going to throw around some ideas.

I'd like to see a Times-Square-ish area that just generally has more fun easter egg sorts of things.

Tons of opportunities for lightside/darkside points, a bunch of vendors selling wares, or just people that say random things.

But more specifically, job offices. Like a bounty office, or cargo or something like Uber.

But if you want a more directed, concrete plot, that ties in to the theme of the story, I think it sort of needs to revolve around the Jedi Temple... at least some of it.

If there is a need to get the player out of the Jedi Temple and onto the streets though, the best way to do that is to inject clues into the temple about someone who has recently accessed the terminals and who could possibly be a Jedi.

Then head out onto the streets to gather information on this supposed Jedi Master

What do you find? It'd probably be too obvious to find another Jedi Master, so maybe the twist should be that it is a bounty hunter or some other random criminal. Maybe a jedi hunter sort of deal? A Sith Assassin gone rogue?

Perhaps the Sith Stalker? Literally? lol

Just finished Coruscant for the first time in ages and thought I'd share my thoughts.

IIRC correctly, deathdisco doesn't want his mod to be changed by other people (fully understandable), so this will just be a random collection of thoughts with pretty much no chance of ever being implemented^^ The order will also be random :D

- A new skybox and videos for landing and takeoff were already discussed

- The minimaps should be edited so that areas that were in the original module but not in the Coruscant version no longer appear on the map. That's for the landing arm, but the broken down sections of the interior could also be edited to include the boxes used to hide the broken walls.

- There should be voice-overs and lip movement. It'd only be for the Republic Troopers and the Sith you meet in the Council chamber, so nothing major. And Kreias lines being voiced would be great. The protocol droid could also be voiced or could use beep sounds^^

- One or more quests that lead you through the exploration of the temple would be great. Maybe one quest you get when talking to the guards at the entrance for the first time. And this quest would than store information about the rooms you find that can't be accessed yet. And maybe one other for the forbidden storage room. Nothing major, just a short journal log for what you're doing.

- The rooms could use some more inventory since most of the temple is basically empty. Not sure what to put there but something would be cool^^

- Some kind of puzzle to get access to the archive instead of Kreia magically unlocking it would add some more variety to the gameplay.

- Information about the history of the Jedi that can be found in the archive would also be a cool way to make the place more than a random stop on the way to the dark side room. Also I'd remove the option to learn random force powers at this point or at least reduce it. Slight buffs due to training are better to get for free I think.

- The loot is incredibly overpowered and way too much in both the armory and the forbidden storage. Getting some cool and possibly even some new and unique items is great but in my eyes you currently get way too much stuff.

- Not sure if I like the possibility of getting Force Crush here. It is cool to get it before the endgame but I'd prefer if it stayed as endgame reward. Another new power would be great though^^

- More use for the console in the Council chamber with maybe the option to rewatch your trial and some other stuff like protocols of prievous sessions (related to Revan and the Mandalorian wars maybe?) would enhance this module.

Well, that's about it. And writing all of it down, it feels like it's a really really long list. I didn't actually expect that and now it also sounds like I think the mod is bad or something :/ That's certainly not the case. I liked it and the only thing that I really didn't like is the overpowered loot. Other than that my suggestions are just to make a great mod even better^^ (Not that they'll ever be implemented though).

Edit: Just remembered one more thing, so I'll add it here. The training with remotes and the hologramm removes all party members from the current party. I see why it was done but it's still kinda annoying :/

• Like 2

Just finished Coruscant for the first time in ages and thought I'd share my thoughts.
IIRC correctly, deathdisco doesn't want his mod to be changed by other people (fully understandable), so this will just be a random collection of thoughts with pretty much no chance of ever being implemented^^ The order will also be random :D

- A new skybox and videos for landing and takeoff were already discussed

- The minimaps should be edited so that areas that were in the original module but not in the Coruscant version no longer appear on the map. That's for the landing arm, but the broken down sections of the interior could also be edited to include the boxes used to hide the broken walls.

- There should be voice-overs and lip movement. It'd only be for the Republic Troopers and the Sith you meet in the Council chamber, so nothing major. And Kreias lines being voiced would be great. The protocol droid could also be voiced or could use beep sounds^^

- One or more quests that lead you through the exploration of the temple would be great. Maybe one quest you get when talking to the guards at the entrance for the first time. And this quest would than store information about the rooms you find that can't be accessed yet. And maybe one other for the forbidden storage room. Nothing major, just a short journal log for what you're doing.

- The rooms could use some more inventory since most of the temple is basically empty. Not sure what to put there but something would be cool^^

- Some kind of puzzle to get access to the archive instead of Kreia magically unlocking it would add some more variety to the gameplay.

- Information about the history of the Jedi that can be found in the archive would also be a cool way to make the place more than a random stop on the way to the dark side room. Also I'd remove the option to learn random force powers at this point or at least reduce it. Slight buffs due to training are better to get for free I think.

- The loot is incredibly overpowered and way too much in both the armory and the forbidden storage. Getting some cool and possibly even some new and unique items is great but in my eyes you currently get way too much stuff.

- Not sure if I like the possibility of getting Force Crush here. It is cool to get it before the endgame but I'd prefer if it stayed as endgame reward. Another new power would be great though^^

- More use for the console in the Council chamber with maybe the option to rewatch your trial and some other stuff like protocols of prievous sessions (related to Revan and the Mandalorian wars maybe?) would enhance this module.

Well, that's about it. And writing all of it down, it feels like it's a really really long list. I didn't actually expect that and now it also sounds like I think the mod is bad or something :/ That's certainly not the case. I liked it and the only thing that I really didn't like is the overpowered loot. Other than that my suggestions are just to make a great mod even better^^ (Not that they'll ever be implemented though).

I agree with everything you stated but honestly, instead of " And Kreias lines being voiced would be great. " this impossibility I'd rather no VA work, no dialogue whatsoever actually unless it was unused dialogue or stock dialogue that would work for the NPC's.

I don't care what anybody says, fan VA work even if it isn't bad always sticks out like a sore thumb.

As for being empty, empty is fine- it just needs some ambient noise and atmosphere- a good idea would be to produce an extremely high quality small module but that atmospherically would make you uncomfortable- like a strange inversion of the Korriban Academy.

& Yes remove the force power stuff- and instead add actual Jedi history, that'd be interesting- but watch for typos lol.

Edit from Sith Holocron: Merged your posts. Edit previous posts to stop bumping threads. Thank you.

One thing about Coruscant that is beneficial for fans to create new content is that it's filled to the brim with aliens. Usually having to rely on the alien soundsets is a bit of a cop out but it works perfectly for Coruscant. Unfortunately at the same time though, the game suffers from repetition in terms of aliens. There's too many Twi'leks, Ithorians, Duros, and Rodians. I'd like to see more Devaronians, Weequay, and Nikto (those red guys). There's also Trandoshans but I think they're best kept to Nar Shaddaa. Also, I love the idea of a bounty office. There's endless possibilities for bounties on Coruscant. Political assassinations in particular is an idea that has great potential. It would be a great way to make Stealth useful.

One thing about Coruscant that is beneficial for fans to create new content is that it's filled to the brim with aliens. Usually having to rely on the alien soundsets is a bit of a cop out but it works perfectly for Coruscant. Unfortunately at the same time though, the game suffers from repetition in terms of aliens. There's too many Twi'leks, Ithorians, Duros, and Rodians. I'd like to see more Devaronians, Weequay, and Nikto (those red guys). There's also Trandoshans but I think they're best kept to Nar Shaddaa. Also, I love the idea of a bounty office. There's endless possibilities for bounties on Coruscant. Political assassinations in particular is an idea that has great potential. It would be a great way to make Stealth useful.

This sounds like a great idea. 

Though it wouldn't really affect anything, it would be cool if you could put an end to the leaks about the Exile while on Coruscant. (I believe HK says that information about the Exile is on public terminals on Coruscant.)

Actually, it could affect stuff if you really wanted it to. For example, if you stop the information about the Exile spreading then maybe some of the people looking to collect the bounty on them (Like the ones on Onderon) wouldn't appear.