211darthrevan443

Difficulties with a head model

So after so many times of attempting to make a new head, It just won't comply with me, I've tried so many things, nothing has worked that will bring the head ingame, so im going to leave this mod to anyone who thinks they can solve the problem, if anyone wants the .gmax file and texture, just ask, I really want to see him ingame. 

And if you figure out the solution, please tell me what I did wrong (Once I give you the files of course)

So after so many times of attempting to make a new head, It just won't comply with me, I've tried so many things, nothing has worked that will bring the head ingame, so im going to leave this mod to anyone who thinks they can solve the problem, if anyone wants the .gmax file and texture, just ask, I really want to see him ingame. 

And if you figure out the solution, please tell me what I did wrong (Once I give you the files of course)

Darth Parametric has plenty of experience with model import. 

You might also ask Quanon or Sithspecter as well. Good luck!

Darth Parametric has plenty of experience with model import.

You might also ask Quanon or Sithspecter as well. Good luck!

Thanks, if someone can figure out how to get him in game, I will start making models and just post them on here for fun

Hey, do you by chance know what to do with an mdl file that comes out of Taina's replacer?

• Like 1

Hey, do you by chance know what to do with an mdl file that comes out of Taina's replacer?

I'm mainly into texturing/animating but not 3d modeling;

but Darth Parametric has also lots of experience with "unusual" ways of getting different models into the game like he describes in his Droid Foundry, so you really should PM him.

I'm mainly into texturing/animating but not 3d modeling;

but Darth Parametric has also lots of experience with "unusual" ways of getting different models into the game like he describes in his Droid Foundry, so you really should PM him.

Animation? Well in that case, how do you replace existing animations with one that you make?

animation? Well in that case, how do you replace existing animations with one that you make?

Well, I assume you mean model animation? That you have to ask DP.

What i do is texture animation  via .txi with cubemaps.

But feel free and ask around, Fair Strides may also have some ideas - and beside that - its great to have one modeler more around -

i would really like to see some more SWTOR stuff here...

animation? Well in that case, how do you replace existing animations with one that you make?

Don't...just...don't... :no

Don't...just...don't... :no

Now, now, SS... :) Let's at least tell the guy what he's in for...

Currently, you can do so by making a new animation in 3DSMax or GMax and naming it after the one it's supposed to replace, but MDLOps and KAurora both lose any sort of model smoothing. MDLOps will compile the animations, whereas KAurora won't, but KAurora supports emitters (like the smoke in the game).

Also, SS's answer was from personal experience with animating something he did long ago and with much suffering. :)

Now, now, SS... :D Let's at least tell the guy what he's in for...

Currently, you can do so by making a new animation in 3DSMax or GMax and naming it after the one it's supposed to replace, but MDLOps and KAurora both lose any sort of model smoothing. MDLOps will compile the animations, whereas KAurora won't, but KAurora supports emitters (like the smoke in the game).

Also, SS's answer was from personal experience with animating something he did long ago and with much suffering. :D

dang, what were the problems he was having?

The problem was that Revan's cape in KotOR 1 didn't have animations. The other problem was that my mind decided to remedy this by animating over 18,000 frames of cape and belt, frame by frame...

But what are you trying to do?

The problem was that Revan's cape in KotOR 1 didn't have animations. The other problem was that my mind decided to remedy this by animating over 18,000 frames of cape and belt, frame by frame...

But what are you trying to do?

Still remains one of the most impressive modding feats to this day.

• Like 1

Still remains one of the most impressive modding feats to this day.

It unfortunately ruined my liking for the Revan model after looking at it for so long.

It unfortunately ruined my liking for the Revan model after looking at it for so long.

I did what you told me and look! I finally got my head ingame... But it still won't show up in the character selection screen...

Omg...after these 2 days of frustration, I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I gotta do now is add DS transitions, and make a sombrero. XD

post-16392-0-14180700-1438291979_thumb.png

I did what you told me and look! I finally got my head ingame... But it still won't show up in the character selection screen...

Omg...after these 2 days of frustration, I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I gotta do now is add DS transitions, and make a sombrero. XD

Very impressive! Which program did you use to do the head?

I recently found an interesting article from the Baldurs Gate Reloaded team, who made outstanding custom heads for Neverwinter Nights 2.

Since afaik the game engine seems related to Kotor, this program might interest you:

discussion thread:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/509890-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn-reloaded/

Program link:

http://www.makehuman.org

Very impressive! Which program did you use to do the head?

I recently found an interesting article from the Baldurs Gate Reloaded team, who made outstanding custom heads for Neverwinter Nights 2.

Since afaik the game engine seems related to Kotor, this program might interest you:

discussion thread:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/509890-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn-reloaded/

Program link:

http://www.makehuman.org

lol, It's actually from Vrook's head, but I needed to make it in the likeness of "Obi Juan" So I changed Vrook's nose and widened it a bit, and made the bridge of the nose thinner, and edited the mouth and brows, and a editing Vrook's textures took work, and time, but it was easy using GIMP.

Gmax, the usual program

And I used to mess around in a program called "Zbrush" and practiced sculpting on there, but I don't have that program anymore

That program looks useful, and I could use practice, if I practice enough, sculpting will be...like it says, intuitive!

sounds great! I'm excited with what you can come up with...

Perhaps you can even recreate the character design from SWTOR? That would be heading the same direction like the modding projects Kexikus and myself are working on...

sounds great! I'm excited with what you can come up with...

Perhaps you can even recreate the character design from SWTOR? That would be heading the same direction like the modding projects Kexikus and myself are working on...

I'm not good with coding, but I learned some html, and java, but I think I could just make the models for the editing of different parameters

Oh, and is it possible to put a "MeshSmooth" on my sombrero model?