1Leonard

Steam Workshop Modding Guide

Hey all,

I made a Steam Workshop Modding guide concerning how to correctly install mods using the Steam Workshop and what are the do's and don'ts. I thought that this will help some of you answer questions or help the people using your mods.

You can find it here

If you have any requests or tips I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for doing that. I'm sure many will find it useful especially in these early days of Steam collaboration.

Thanks for doing that. I'm sure many will find it useful especially in these early days of Steam collaboration.

You're more than welcome, I mostly made this because of the same questions getting asked every single time.

I have a question that you may want to add to your guide. 

For me, I've been able to keep my override folder fairly neat by keeping mod files (except the 2das) in folders that tell me which mod the files belong to.  (ie: After running TSLRCM, I copy all but the 2das to a folder I've labeled as Restored Content and then delete the files from override.  The mod still works but I don't have so much clutter.) 

My question is: Does the same hold true for the workshop folder override?  The 'traditional' game override accesses files even if they are one folder deep (but no more than that), so is the same true of the workshop folder override?

Thank you for writing the guide and helping us Steam users out with this update.

Thank you so much, for doing this! Not only because it will stop people from uploading mods without authors permission, but also because I am myself kind of uninformed regarding how it works. Great to see some fun humorous dialogue to boot.

Thank you so much, for doing this! Not only because it will stop people from uploading mods without authors permission, but also because I am myself kind of uninformed regarding how it works. Great to see some fun humorous dialogue to boot.

You're welcome. I really like your WIP thread!

• Like 1

You're welcome. I really like your WIP thread!

Thanks :) I'm getting there. It has just been gradual as I learn these new tools and work to get my textures to DDS quality.

One of my status updates has a link to Asoyr's guide.

Which I read and could not make neither heads or tails of - because it's written someone familiar with VDF files (whatever they are) and other things that presumably a general Steam user would be. I'm not a general Steam user and don't ever plan to be. So I need an easy guide like the OP made.