Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

Figured people here could get a chuckle out of this

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/541906989392149035/

Basically "I stopped playing KOTOR1 since I couldn't beat the Rancor"... it made me laugh.

LMAO.  I was 13 when I first played K1 and I made sure to read....so the rancor was not a problem.

Funny story and slightly related to KotOR since I doubt I would have beat KotOR 1 if I was unable to read.

When I was a little kid they thought I'd never learn to read I learned to read by playing the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on my N64.

So yeah I have zero problems with story heavy games like KotOR and I do not see how anyone could get stuck on the Rancor unless they do not know how to read.

whats funny is  when i first played this i was around 5-6 so yeah i was pretty young and i guess i wasn't really "reading it all the way through" i dunno to long ago to exactly understand what was going through that dumb mind of mine but i killed the rancor without the mines i had bunch of grenades and i just spammed them till it died ,a few years later as i grew in understanding of my actions did i read every single thing from top to bottom (it was worth it this game expanded my vocabulary as a child)did i learn that its really easy to stealth with mission up to that pile of corps and but the odder thing (i forgot it please don't shoot me) this game really did leave a massive impression on my.Even more so with kotor ll both had wondrous story telling that you don't see anymore and are most likely the two best starwars games to date.What Fun memories....

I just ran as fast as I could towards the elevators and left Zaalbar and Carth for rancor bait. Was that unethical ... ? :P

• Like 1

whats funny is  when i first played this i was around 5-6 so yeah i was pretty young and i guess i wasn't really "reading it all the way through" i dunno to long ago to exactly understand what was going through that dumb mind of mine but i killed the rancor without the mines i had bunch of grenades and i just spammed them till it died ,a few years later as i grew in understanding of my actions did i read every single thing from top to bottom (it was worth it this game expanded my vocabulary as a child)did i learn that its really easy to stealth with mission up to that pile of corps and but the odder thing (i forgot it please don't shoot me) this game really did leave a massive impression on my.Even more so with kotor ll both had wondrous story telling that you don't see anymore and are most likely the two best starwars games to date.What Fun memories....

Hah, I did the same thing when I was younger and playing K1 for the first time. At first I thought I could take it on using Melee, which didn't work out so well, then, like you, I just tossed a bunch of Grenades at it till it died.

I remember, the first time I played KotOR, I also got stuck at this point. I was probably 10-12. I was used to shooters and racing games so RPGs and games with puzzles were something new to me so I ended up just buying many grenades and fighting the rancor. The second time, probably after having been on LucasForums or some other for the first time, I played the game properly and now read or at least skimmed through datapads.

It's amazing this thing known as a game can make such fond memories.....remember the whole revan Bomb Malak unleashed during the final act? xD

or all those funny conversations between the characters?

I just ran as fast as I could towards the elevators and left Zaalbar and Carth for rancor bait. Was that unethical ... ? :P

Damn right it is! Isn't obvious? You should've left Mission, the youthful hipster to be the delectable rancor chum!  :ice:

lol, the part where all you really need is a type of grenade and one of the three rancor poison serums you pick up and he thought it was too hard. XD Apparently, this is a pretty common problem. You'd think people would pay more attention to the severed arm right before the Rancor. 

lol, the part where all you really need is a type of grenade and one of the three rancor poison serums you pick up and he thought it was too hard. XD Apparently, this is a pretty common problem. You'd think people would pay more attention to the severed arm right before the Rancor. 

I always place a mine because I never use them haha.

I actually didn't get how to beat it either. I ended up just running past it and the Vulkar guards and going up the elevator without fighting. Knowing now what I know about "You must gather your party before venturing forth," I'm surprised I managed to pull that off...

Nowadays, I still sometimes just set a bunch of mines and kill it that way, just for kicks.

Damn right it is! Isn't obvious? You should've left Mission, the youthful hipster to be the delectable rancor chum!  :ice:

sometimes, i play through kotor just to kill mission

• Like 1

It took me a year to get past the rancor.... and I used frag grenades lol

When I first played I was just learning to read (I'm 17 now and ironically in advanced reading/writing courses)

I took the rancor down the old fashion way . . . Power Shot and a lot of grenades ... Lol this was when I was 8 though, I learned later that you could user the severed arm for luring the rancor to the bones pile. After I beat the rancor with a lot of time wasting and grenades, I just learned to use mission to stealth through and get to the door.