aslanruler

The Bribing of Sarna or Yun Genda

I would like to try the bribe side of the 'Party' mission on Taris, instead of flirting with the opposite Sith gender, but I can't get the same gender Sith to talk beyond the first two or three responses.  I've tried all the combinations and then they simply say something along the lines of "I probably shouldn't be talking to you anymore" and that's all I get.

I even tried a fresh install and dropped the one mod of my list of mods that might affect the same modules that KotOR1 Resto uses.  I'm 95% sure none of my other mods even touch any Taris dialogue outside of my group members.  And yes, I'm installing the Restoration Mod first, just as instructed in the readme.

Obviously I'm missing something and I'm probably going to look awfully foolish once I find out what but right now, I'm missing something and I don't have a clue what that something might be.  *blush*

So...yeah...any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help and thank you for your time.

That would be our fault. That content was linked to the alternate way of getting into the Sith Base (getting a passcard at the party) and we didn't restore it due to the player then being able to skip getting T3.

I'll probably make that a separate mod soon. :)

That would explain things. 

I guess my assumption and confusion arose from two things.

1.  Sarna and Yun Genda are specifically mentioned in the readme: "Sarna and Yun Genda are available to talk to members of the same sex and can be used to further the plot of Taris. Albeit, in different ways than they normally do."

Now I assume the different ways refers to the way of 'skipping T3' that you ultimately decided against, but since my assumptions have obviously been wrong before, please correct me if I'm wrong (again).

2.  In your post about what's restored in K1R, the Taris list includes: "[R] - Bribing Sarna or Yun Genda if you're a girl or guy, respectively. You have to pay them to get to the party with them to acquire a suit of Sith Armor."

Again, that is why I assumed that I could bribe the same gender Sith and see a slightly different version of the party mission.

Since Fair Strides just said that the bribe led to accidently skipping T3 and therefore was not restored, the two items in the readme and Restored post can led to some confusion, as it did for me.

But that's just my personal two cents. 

Are you sure you didn't restore it? I was able to bribe Sarna with a female character on a fresh install + K1R 1.0.

I started a new game to verify this and here is what I was able to discover: You can get the option to bribe Sarna only if you talked to the Sith Solder guarding the lift in the Northern Upper City before initiating a conversation with her.

Here's a screenshot as a proof. I apologise for the windowed mode but for some reason screenshots end up all black when I do it at full screen. I apologise for the fact that the lines are in Polish as well but the setting (cantina) and credits-related dialogue options should be enough to verify that. On a side note, I'm amazed how much of the cut content was actually translated in the official release.

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/04ce6aa52127cf75.html

And that would be the utterly obvious thing I was missing...I was going to the cantina to do the yapping before ever getting near the Sith officer.  Double confirmation with a male PC and Yun Genda.

Thanks F-oh-ex...now let me go find a desk to pound my head against...noob fail on my part.  *headdesk*