M4-78 Movies Remade

View File

Hello!

This mod replaces the Ebon Hawk landing and takeoff movies included with the mod M4-78ep. Stoney originaly made these movies years ago with 3Ds Max. I decided to remake them using my student version of Autodesk Maya to make them look more consistent with the other Ebon Hawk movies in the game.

The audio was created using sounds from Soundjay.com and the Star Wars films, and includes original music by the user Delator.

This mod includes a regular version of the landing and takeoff movies as well as upscaled versions to match the High Quality Movies Patch.

Don't want to wait to watch these movies? Preview them on YouTube first, at

REQUIREMENTS

TSLRCM and M4-78ep. If you don't have these, they're available here at DeadlyStream.

Optional: The High Quality Movie Patch on kotorfiles.com

INSTALLATION

-(optional) Backup the files DroMov02.bik and DroMov04.bik in the Movies folder of TSL's main directory

-Drop the DroMov02.bik and DroMov04.bik into the Movies folder of TSL's main directory

-If you have the High Quality Movies Patch, use the files in the Upscaled folder included with this mod

UNINSTALLATION

-Restore the backups you made of the original movies from the M4-78ep mod

THANX

Thanks to Adobe Photoshop, Gmax, MDLOps, Autodesk Maya Student Version, Soundjay.com, Audacity, Sony Vegas, and Rad Video Tools.

Special Thanks to Stoney for his work on the original movies, to Sith Holocron for all his help and support with this mod, to Delator for his original music, and to the rest of the M4-78ep team!

1) Why not use the audio track from the original videos?

2) Also, why not use the Ebon Hawk model that has the ramp that can raise or lower?

The audio from the original videos didn't have the level of quality that the rest of the movies did.  Because they didn't have access to the original sound effects, the M4-78ep team had to use background sounds extracted from the game that didn't sound correct on their own.

EDIT: Perhaps in a later version I could include a ramp lowering, but it might not fit in time with the audio.  I'll look into it, though.

The sound effects were not extracted from the video game. In addition, by using the audio from the KOTOR movies, you've removed the custom music track that was created for the mod.

The music track was a midi version of the main M4-78 theme.  No need to worry, as you'll here the track at length on the landing platform, along with the full orchestral theme in the industrial zone.

EDIT: The theme during the original takeoff video is also heard at length in the central zone's behavior core.

Whoa, I didn't say the music was bad or anything, I love it!  My mod's not going to prevent people from hearing it altogether, as both themes appear all over the planet.  After all, the movies only contain a small snippet of the music.

So I'm not a total downer here: I liked the Ebon Hawk's engine glow in the video and the (if slightly overdone) wobbling of the Ebon Hawk during the take off from the landing pad.

I like it. Looks much more in line with the official cutscenes than the stock M4-78 ones.

Sorry guys, those looked like they were animated in Blender and never exported into the game. These are a vast improvement both resolution-wise, and graphical effect-wise.

The theme in the mod's video was created by Darth Delator. I've invited him to defend his music.

It wasn't. He did, in fact, compose a custom track for the landing video but I couldn't get all the necessary sound effects to mix into the vid, so I never used it.

I have to agree that sound effects in our BIKs sounded a bit off compared to rest of the game, but I didn't want to use a mix from another video like tjsase did, because I thought it would be too noticeable. Whether it would be better than what we currently have, well, that's up for debate :)

Nice job by the way, tjsase! I think the part when Ebon Hawk approaches the landing platform could use a little work (it stops very suddenly) and I'm not a big fan of those other planets (moons?) visible when the ship approaches the planet, but all in all it's certainly well made :) I was quite surprised to see someone make a mod like this!

Why not offer his the original track used in the video then he can do it himself? I have the track if he'd like to try. (Though if he uses it, he'd have to include a credit to Darth_Delator.)

If only I could get some of the music only in the cutscenes of both games, I could invert that over the audio I used, isolate the sound effects, then add some custom music.  The music is from the landing on Kashyyyk (shortened) and taking off from Tatooine.  Too bad those tracks were never in the game files.  The resolution I used was actually much lower than M4-78ep's videos, which were rendered at 1280x720.  I noticed that the rest of the movies (all at 640x272) looked a little fuzzy and upscaled, so I rendered at 480x204 and scaled it to 640x272 to get the same effect.  I think I overdid it, though.

Version 2.0 just released! Many changes made to match the color and look of the in-game platform and Stoney's original movies!

Haven't watched them because I am not near my computer with BIK viewer. Did you wind up using your sound effects?

Nah, I couldn't.  However, I think I know what they used to make the sounds: plain, real life jet engines.  I'm thinking that in the next version I do I could simply use some jet engine sounds and custom music, like the piece by Delator.  If you want to find a similar sound, one must understand the sound.

• Like 1

I'd almost like to see a comparison video, showing the one in the mod vs this one.

It looks good overall, I just don't remember the original as well.