Does anybody know where I can get a cubemap for a Drexl? I'm working on some textures and I feel that this is the biggest thing missing.

I was about to download the Modders' Resource Cubemap Pack but I wanted to make sure first.

Plus, I don't have a clue on how to build one myself...

Thanks!

The modder's resource is a great place to start, in my own experience. You can see how the Cubemaps are made, and how they affect the models in game. Plus there are a few in there that you could use for lizard skin. :)

Downloaded! Great freakin resource! Thank you, Malkior!

Now...can anybody point me towards a guide on how to integrate a new cube/bumpmap into the game...?  :question:

Downloaded! Great freakin resource! Thank you, Malkior!

Now...can anybody point me towards a guide on how to integrate a new cube/bumpmap into the game...?  :question:

I dont know how good your texturing skills are, but in some cases "conventional" texturing is not enough to get the desired effect.

First: A cubemap is a texture, that is under your desired texture - imagine it as a layer with very dominant colors and brightness. So if you do a retexturing say from LMA_wall01.tga and put it into Override, then Kotor by default doesnt recognize that you want to use a cubemap.

Because of this, you always need a .txi file to assign the desired CM - in this case LMA_wall01.txi

If you dont know how to make a txi just download one from any other animated mod like Deadmans Cyber Sabers etc. Then open it with Notepad and add following line:

envmaptexture CM_

after that, look into Sapiens Cubemap pack and pick one you like add the name that you have sth. like this in your txi:

envmaptexture CM_Exotic1

Save it. Done! 

Now if you want to see the cubemap ingame, make the test and assign a completely transparent texture to LMA_wall01.tga.

-> ingame its way too glowing and dominant. So if you want to capitalize on that, its good to have your cubemap only "shine through" certain parts of your texture - and then also not with full strength. 

Because of this there are different situations where cubemaps are very helpful:

a) if you want to make the whole texture or parts of it reflective:

Depending on the reflectiveness i usually set the opacity of the desired shiny part to ~ 85 % (the rest to 100%)

Example:

post-11673-0-63458800-1434659052_thumb.jpg

to see it ingame heres the tga: ( the txi you have to do yourself;) and use Cubemap Exotic1)

you see the texture when you get off the Ebon Hawk at Manaan immediately at the beginning when you take the long floor to Atho City.

when you turn around then the middle part of it changes the color but very subtle - it looks much more metallic...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=61401184266720538442

another very useful effect of CM is when you want to assign lights to textures where Kotor doesnt have one by default -> with normal retexturing they look very dull and boring no matter how much brightness you use e.g. in Photoshop. 

To prevent this, open one of Sapiens Cubemaps with a simple program like Paint.net, select the texture and paste white color over it so that it turns completely white (or any other color) , then save and name it CM_test

then download this example texture:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=59136743864853493906

and make the adequate txi for it: LMA_wall11.txi add the CM_test line. Voila.

The black texture is immediately under the former. 

Now watch the 2 different effects ingame and the impressive impact that Cubemaps can have on your textures!

I dont know how good your texturing skills are, but in some cases "conventional" texturing is not enough to get the desired effect.

First: A cubemap is a texture, that is under your desired texture - imagine it as a layer with very dominant colors and brightness. So if you do a retexturing say from LMA_wall01.tga and put it into Override, then Kotor by default doesnt recognize that you want to use a cubemap.

Because of this, you always need a .txi file to assign the desired CM - in this case LMA_wall01.txi

If you dont know how to make a txi just download one from any other animated mod like Deadmans Cyber Sabers etc. Then open it with Notepad and add following line:

envmaptexture CM_

after that, look into Sapiens Cubemap pack and pick one you like add the name that you have sth. like this in your txi:

envmaptexture CM_Exotic1

Save it. Done! 

Now if you want to see the cubemap ingame, make the test and assign a completely transparent texture to LMA_wall01.tga.

-> ingame its way too glowing and dominant. So if you want to capitalize on that, its good to have your cubemap only "shine through" certain parts of your texture - and then also not with full strength. 

Because of this there are different situations where cubemaps are very helpful:

a) if you want to make the whole texture or parts of it reflective:

Depending on the reflectiveness i usually set the opacity of the desired shiny part to ~ 85 % (the rest to 100%)

Example:

attachicon.gifShineInstructions.jpg

to see it ingame heres the tga: ( the txi you have to do yourself;) and use Cubemap Exotic1)

you see the texture when you get off the Ebon Hawk at Manaan immediately at the beginning when you take the long floor to Atho City.

when you turn around then the middle part of it changes the color but very subtle - it looks much more metallic...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=61401184266720538442

another very useful effect of CM is when you want to assign lights to textures where Kotor doesnt have one by default -> with normal retexturing they look very dull and boring no matter how much brightness you use e.g. in Photoshop. 

To prevent this, open one of Sapiens Cubemaps with a simple program like Paint.net, select the texture and paste white color over it so that it turns completely white (or any other color) , then save and name it CM_test

then download this example texture:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=59136743864853493906

and make the adequate txi for it: LMA_wall11.txi add the CM_test line. Voila.

The black texture is immediately under the former. 

Now watch the 2 different effects ingame and the impressive impact that Cubemaps can have on your textures!

Wow, above and beyond what I was hoping for, thank you!

As for my "skills"... yeah, novice at best. Just starting, learning more all the time. Trying to start with big ideas in small sizes to start with...  :wallbash:

Thanks again, Jorak Uln. I'll try some stuff out and with any luck in the next couple of days I'll have something to show for it.

Which would be a nice change....