51 replies to this topic

#41 wearymad

wearymad

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

earlier, thinking that installation might work if I deleted or converted all the MP3 files (the Mac version of KOTOR 1 uses .wav files and ignores .mp3 versions of the same files) but while I got slightly further, that also did not work. 

#42 LiliArch

LiliArch

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

I meant K1R installer's installog... I don't have Mac myself either, I'm afraid, so I'm trying to figure out there what installs successfully and what does not.

As far as audio files go, though, PC version uses some weird filetype that is technically MP3 but uses .wav extension; that may or may not be true for Mac as well. So did you remove the files and you got further, or did you convert them and you got further? What happened? (There's a slight possibility that you would simply need to rename them from .mp3 to .wav, but then you'd need to change the installation file as well... on the other hand, it could work. I don't know really, since I can't test myself.)
BFix0.gif
Lady Arch, the Carrier of Northern Nights, the Harbinger of Iriaz and the Dark Lord of Orth.

#43 wearymad

wearymad

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

I meant K1R installer's installog... I don't have Mac myself either, I'm afraid, so I'm trying to figure out there what installs successfully and what does not.

all right. I will delete and then reinstall (via CrossOver) and append an installog. 

perhaps I should just converted all the mp3 files in the first place, versus trashing them) worked to a limit extent but I got a message which said (written from memory so possibly not exactly this) "k1command24.mp3 missing" and the installer refused to go further. 

inside the TSLPatcher folder I found another compressed archive also called TSLPatcher, which has nothing but MP3 files. I converted those all to wav. and then compressed the archive in the same format. 

#44 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:16 AM

It's been a few days. How did everything go, Wearymad?

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#45 wearymad

wearymad

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

I have the log right here. as you can see, it just sort of went bananas. 

Attached Files

#46 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

I have the log right here. as you can see, it just sort of went bananas. 

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I'm not familiar with CrossOver and didn't realize it had a log as well. What we need is the installlog.rtf file that should be wherever K1R's TSLPatcher is.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#47 wearymad

wearymad

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

I don't have that. after it failed for the millionth time, I deleted my copy of the Restoration. I have a few important things to do, though, so I will wait until I have done those, then go through the motions with the installation process and put up the log, okay? 

#48 wearymad

wearymad

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

posting after an absence to say that, after using Porting Kit, I managed it at last! 

#49 jakeschiller71190

jakeschiller71190

Jedi Initiate

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Steam download of KOTOR

this absoloutly does not work. SOO happy i paid with an amex so i can get my money back. I have been trying to get this F***ing game to work for the last 3 hours with no result. I have read, and tried every possible option to get this game to work (steam overlay, resolution, uninstall and resintall, exe modification via properties menu, alt+tab) F****ing everything. If i do one thing in my life, it is to make sure no one gets scammed with this nonsense. All anyone wants to do with this game is to re-live the awesomeness that was KOTOR. Even though they made a terrible MMO remake of this game that no one playes, I still tried to give the developers one more chance. I WILL get my money back for this game but I will never get back the time I tried (and tried and tried and tried) to get this to work. You S**T bags will never get me to buy another game that you ever make. I have never written a review, nor bad mouthed anything I have played, regardless of my satisfaction. I will make it my lifes work to make sure you never scam anyone like this ever again. F**k you and everything you stand for, you are what is wrong with the gaming industry in this day age. You should be ashamed to call yourselves game devolopers, you might as well be a nigerian price asking for a wire account to make someone rich. The fact that I would put this time and effort into a 10$ download should be proof enough. I am suprised you even let people leave reviews, while you well know this does not work. I cannot belive you even made me install steam again (i used to play counter strike when it was a bonus CD in the half life series) I guess the time of conning honest gamers is not over. You have honestly made me so furious, that I cannot let a stupid 10$ game that does not work go. All I wanted to do, was to re live the fun I had with what I consider one of the best RPG's to have come out. F**K steam, F**K BIOWARE, F**K OBSIDIAN, F**K ASPYR. You have lost not only a customer, but everyone I have known, do know, and will know as customers. The worst part, is that I know this will fall on deaf ears, and that nothing will change, all I (we) want is to play the games we grew up with and you took that away, under the guise of nostalgia. You should be embarrased to call yourselves gamers, businessman, and developers. 

Sincerely,

Jacob R Schiller (the most♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥off I have ever been)

(sorry to the customer service rep who has to read this, you don't get paid enough and should take a S**T on your bosses desk, and tell Steam to shove it up their A**, GOD knows they get paid enough to clean it up)

#50 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:40 AM

Sir, I must inform you that you are posting in the download thread of a restoration mod for the KotOR game and not on the game's store page or another place where Steam is likely to see your message.

That being said, I can understand your anger and being upset, as it clearly shows a passion for the games and the dedication to put the time in to attempt to make them work.

I would also recommend that you go to GOG.com and look up their copy of KotOR 1 (and 2). These are basically pre-patched (I believe...) versions of the game that are copies of what you'd find as a 4-CD copy from an old game store.

#51 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:27 AM

If, and only if for some reason, another new version will be released, would you consider incorporating this mod into it?

http://deadlystream....st-restoration/

I'm still surprised that I just now heard this. It's completely fits the bill to be considered restored content.

#52 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

If, and only if for some reason, another new version will be released, would you consider incorporating this mod into it?

http://deadlystream....st-restoration/

I'm still surprised that I just now heard this. It's completely fits the bill to be considered restored content.

I also have more Kotor 1 mods that fits the bill to be considered restored content.

If Fair Strides or a K1R developer would like to use my mods please feel free to give a PM and we may discuss those mods and I can explain what makes my mods restored content.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: K1R, KotOR, Restoration, Official, Cut content, Restored Content, KotOR 1 Restoration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users