TYPE: Restoration
VERSION: 1.2
SIZE - Unzipped: 145 Megabytes, Zipped: 47.2 Megabytes
DATE RELEASED: May 31, 2016
KOTOR 1 RESTORATION FORUMS: http://deadlystream....estoration-k1r/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
» DESCRIPTION
WARNING: IN ALMOST ALL CASES, IT IS RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL THE K1R RESTORATION BEFORE ANY OTHER MODS!!! THE ONLY EXCEPTION SO FAR IS KAINZORUS PRIME'S NPC OVERHAUL...

The KotOR 1 Restoration Mod is an attempt to restore almost all the content that was cut from the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by BioWare Corp. Of course, these restorations will be within reason and things that were cut because they did not fit with the plot, and cannot be made to fit with the plot, will most definitley NOT be restored.

» INTEGRATED MODS

Spoiler

» RESTORED CONTENT

Spoiler

» BUG FIXES/CHANGE LOG FOR 1.2
»» Original game:

Spoiler

»» K1R Bugs:

Spoiler

» BUG FIXES/CHANGE LOG FOR 1.1
There weren't too many bugs in KotOR 1, thus there is such a short list.

Spoiler

» INSTALLATION
An installation which involves the TSL Patcher has been made ready for your use and is the simplest and easiest way to carry out installation.

Alternatively, a secondary installer has been made for convenience. It will not patch the files like the TSL Patcher will, but it should be less of a headache for most users. HOWEVER, IT WILL NEED TO BE INSTALLED BEFORE ANY OTHER MODS!!!

Note: The K1R team is not responsible for any incompatibility issues that may arise from the use of this mod in conjunction with other mods. Also, in order to provide the best feedback for us we recommend that you play K1R with NO other mods installed.

Note 2: If using the TSL Patcher AND your game is in English, before installing, copy the dialog.tlk file bundled with this package into the KotOR directory. This will give you the grammar and typo fixes to the vanilla text.

»»»» TSL PATCHER INSTALLATION
1) Double click K1R_1.2_Installer.exe found in the main directory of the unpacked folder.
2) Click the button labeled Install Mod.
3) Click yes to the box that'll pop up... if you wish to proceed with installation.
4) Watch as all the little file names and progress reports scroll by and wait until the installer is complete.

» BUG REPORTING
There are 2 ways to report bugs:
1: Post your issues in the Bug Reporting Thread.
2: PM your issues to Fair Strides at Deadlystream.

TO REPORT THROUGH PM

1) Go to DeadlyStream (http://deadlystream.com/) and search for the user Fair Strides ( http://deadlystream....7-fair-strides/ )
2) Send a private message with as much detail as possible of what is occurring in your game. He will likely report back to you within a week.

TO REPORT THROUGH THE BUG THREAD:
1) Go to the Bug Thread ( http://deadlystream....-read-me-first/ )
2) Reply quoting and answering all of the questions as they apply to your issue.

» VOICE ACTOR
Pazaak Tournament Mandalorians...Zhaboka
Filters for Zaerdra's lines......Zhaboka
Filters for sea floor lines......Zhaboka

Thanks Zhaboka. You really brought life to the characters, and those parts would be pretty lame without you.

» CONTRIBUTORS

Spoiler

A BIG thanks to all of you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
» TEAM MEMBERS

- ZM90, Team Leader

- Mandalore, Team Member

- Jatku, Team Member

- Fallen Guardian, Team Member

- LDR, Team Member

- Fair Strides, Team Member and main producer of the 1.1 update (and 1.2 update)

- Malkior, Beta Tester

- LiliArch, Beta Tester (though, putting them on a test is more like setting off a permacrete detonator in an apartment... :D )

- GrandmasterArcturus, 1.2 Beta-tester and LPer
» SPECIAL THANKS
To the tool creators of the community

~ Kotor Tool.....................A VERY special thanks to Fred Tetra
~ K-GFF GFF Editor/DLGEditor.....tk102
~ Lipsynch Editor................JDNoa
~ DeNCS Script Decompiler........JDNoa
~ AniCAM.........................JDNoa
~ ERF Editor/TSLPatcher..........stoffe (and later Fair Strides)

And a shoutout for SithRevan (RIP) for beginning the restoration crusade for KotOR 1. :D

» REDISTRIBUTION
The K1R 1.2 OFFICIAL may NOT be redistributed in any way without the explicit permission of the K1R team and the proper credit given.

» LEGAL
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE CORP/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Click here to download this file

#2 hevy_1138

hevy_1138

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

OMG. that was quick. Thanks! But, uh, when i have the time after school. Maybe this friday i'll test it,

#3 Melias

Melias

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:09 AM

DUDE, I have no words to explain how much happy I am for this project. For real, thanks so much. You just did happy a so oldman guy :D .

Anyways, I have a question -maybe is just a personal doubt- :

Dont you think the Sunry killing is actually a cut content? I mean, the witness said he ran away really fast to be an oldman, and Sunry told us we could find evidences inside the Sith Base.

I always did think that killing was actually paid for the Sith, cause you got an extra mission about killing an assasin who can "take any form" and maybe, just saying maybe, they used him to "take the Sunry's form" and kill their own agent to force the planet to taking their side.

That mission did make me feel so sad every time I did it, cause I always did think it was the real end for the Sunrys Killing. Maybe that killer should have drop a note or a panel with the "job" writen on it and you could prove Sunry was innocent. The secondary quest about that Changeling Assasin end just killing him and do not give to you "nothing" more than XP and Credits so... I dont know.

I dont know, is just a question, how I said.

Thanks again for your awesome work, buddies.

#4 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

DUDE, I have no words to explain how much happy I am for this project. For real, thanks so much. You just did happy a so oldman guy :D .

Anyways, I have a question -maybe is just a personal doubt- :

Dont you think the Sunry killing is actually a cut content? I mean, the witness said he ran away really fast to be an oldman, and Sunry told us we could find evidences inside the Sith Base.

I always did think that killing was actually paid for the Sith, cause you got an extra mission about killing an assasin who can "take any form" and maybe, just saying maybe, they used him to "take the Sunry's form" and kill their own agent to force the planet to taking their side.

That mission did make me feel so sad every time I did it, cause I always did think it was the real end for the Sunrys Killing. Maybe that killer should have drop a note or a panel with the "job" writen on it and you could prove Sunry was innocent. The secondary quest about that Changeling Assasin end just killing him and do not give to you "nothing" more than XP and Credits so... I dont know.

I dont know, is just a question, how I said.

Thanks again for your awesome work, buddies.

Well, the shapeshifter you mentioned is for the Genoharadan.

And The Republic has a recording showing Sunry's killing Elassa, Sunry admits to doing so, and in the Sith Base there is a datapad where Elassa said the she'd be killing Sunry the night Sunry killed her...

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#5 Ninko

Ninko

The Blue Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationTrayus Academy on Malachor V

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:41 AM

I am so excited that this is out!!!!!!! I am so happy that you have finished this project! Amazing work!!! :D :D

Vrook: "You were deafened."
Kreia: "At last, you could hear."
Kavar: "You were broken."
Kreia: "You were whole."
Zez-Kai Ell: "You were blinded."
Kreia: "And at last... you saw."

-Kriea to Jedi Masters Vrook, Kavar, and Zez-Kai Ell, speaking to the Jedi Exile about Malachor V.

Listen to this here!

#6 Daemonjax

Daemonjax

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

This is for informational purposes:

Running the installer (while sandboxed using sandboxieonto my heavilly modded (over 60 mods) kotor game folder produced the following warnings, along with the names of the mods which contain the conflicting file(s):

K1BugfixAtt 1.0 -- I imagine these mods do the same thing, so conflict is expected.  Update: Verified that they're not identical at the hex level, but I could not see any differences when compared using kotor tool.  I'd just use the newer one (K1R's version).
 • Warning: A file named bp_calo_ambush_2.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Juhani cat-like-head mod (items in locker folder section of mod -- which I could live without or easilly merge since it probably just uses the dialogue to create the backpack; Update: verified it's 3 added calls to  fire the script k_hjuh_GiveLugg.ncs -- download merged dlg file: https://dl.dropboxus...hjuh_dialog.dlg
 • Warning: A file named k_hjuh_dialog.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Restored Movies -- I imagine these mods do the same thing, so conflict is expected.  Update: Verified they're identical:
 • Warning: A file named k_ren_taris03.ncs already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Restored Movies -- I imagine these mods do the same thing, so conflict is expected.  Update: Verified they're identical:
 • Warning: A file named k_ren_unkturret.ncs already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

LordDeathRay's KOTOR Improvement Mod (LKIM) -- I can merge the differences manually if need be:  Update: Minor differences in appearance and inventory.  I'll just go with K1R's version for safety. Note: I had already removed a lot of files from the LKIM mod because I didn't agree with his changes.
 • Warning: A file named kas25_mandcomm.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Lightsabre forms (the 14 form version): Update: Verified I just needed to add the firing of a script.  Merged download: https://dl.dropboxus...9_utharwynn.dlg
 • Warning: A file named kor39_utharwynn.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Sharina Fizark Restoration 1.1 -- I imagine these mods do the same thing, so conflict is expected.  Update: Verified the dialogue files are not identical.  Since K1R advertises it has "Restored Sharina Fizzark on Dantooine", I would use K1R's version and uninstall the restoration files made by previously by Sekan.
 • Warning: A file named tat17_03shari_01.dlg already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Whatever... We can safely ignore these two:
 • Warning: A file named PFBBS01.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
 • Warning: A file named PMBBS01.tga already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge (BOS SR):  Hopefully can resolve using JRL merger tool: Update: Merged BOS SR + K1R global.jrl (untested): https://dl.dropboxus...otor/global.jrl
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\5\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\6\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\7\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\8\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\9\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\10\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\11\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\37\EntryList\12\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...
 • Warning: Unable to find a field label matching "Categories\40\EntryList\1\Text(strref)" in global.jrl, skipping...

File listing of K1R tslpatcher backup folder: 
Spoiler

It's easy for me to trace back which previous mod I installed caused the conflict due to how I have my folders structured.  And since I ran the installer sandboxed, no actual changes were made to my game folder.

There's no very easy way to merge dlg files (unless all the changes are documented).  I have two mods which touch dialog.tlk (PC Response Moderation and, once again, Lightsabre Forms) so there's another potential issue.  Then there's also keeping your finger's crossed for the success of JRL merger tool and the robustness of the K1R changes.ini file.

Update1:

I get even more global.jrl warnings while running K1R's installer on a fresh copy of global.jrl that I extracted myself from _newbif.bif.  What's up with that?  Dunno, but my merging experiment ends here for now.
Spoiler

Update2:

Ahh... figured it out:  It seems that the global.jrl included in the tslpatcher folder has already been modified, and so tslpatcher needs that one to be present to perform its diff on.  Heh, kinda defeats the purpose of using tslpatcher at all for that file.  Anyways, the merge appears to be successful:

Spoiler

Merged BOS SR + K1R global.jrl (untested): https://dl.dropboxus...otor/global.jrl

Update3:

Ok, so I think I got everything merged.  Time for a new playthrough!  Wish me luck!  

I hope the above was useful to someone else!

#7 diegodb

diegodb

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

First of all congratulations for this release.

I assume that for the K1 Overhaul mod work with the K1 Restoration I must first install the Overhaul and then the KOTOR Restoration?

#8 Urnoev

Urnoev

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

Awesome! And awful!

I've installed K1R 0.9 just yesterday and planned to start another play-through today... and now I can reinstall everything. On Linux with Wine...

But I'm sure it's worth it.

Thank you very much for your ongoing efforts.

#9 Daemonjax

Daemonjax

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

First of all congratulations for this release.

I assume that for the K1 Overhaul mod work with the K1 Restoration I must first install the Overhaul and then the KOTOR Restoration?

That's the way I did it.

#10 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

Update2:

Ahh... figured it out:  It seems that the global.jrl included in the tslpatcher folder has already been modified, and so tslpatcher needs that one to be present to perform its diff on.  Heh, kinda defeats the purpose of using tslpatcher at all for that file.  Anyways, the merge appears to be successful:

Ah... we'll get this patched up ASAP...

For now, you'd just need to extract the global.jrl from KotOR Tool.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#11 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,051 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Ah marvelous! I commend the hard work and dedication on this project!

Will the "What's Restored in K1R?" thread need to be updated with new information?

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#12 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

Yes, within the next few days.

#13 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

Ah, at last! Can't wait until I can download this when the weekend comes!

#14 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,051 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:50 PM

Correction: "Contributers" is spelled "Contributors."

And excellent detective work Daemonjax!

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#15 diegodb

diegodb

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

Man what a fun experience is this K1 Restoration! And in regards with Overhaul and K1 Restoration is exacly like you did Daemonjax it worked great.

Thank you guys for this, you're amazing!

#16 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Will you guys allow KOTOR 1 Bug Fix v1.0 be compatible, or did you guys at least fix the most notorious bug in KOTOR called "Bastila Romance Bug"?

Random Hater: I'm going to kill you! You just turned this website into a M+ Video Game!

Me: Oh, please. Is that an actual sin?

Random Hater: YES!

#17 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:55 PM

Will you guys allow KOTOR 1 Bug Fix v1.0 be compatible, or did you guys at least fix the most notorious bug in KOTOR called "Bastila Romance Bug"?

Random Hater: I'm going to kill you! You just turned this website into a M+ Video Game!

Can you link me to the mod?

And I can't really "allow" a mod to be compatible, as a work like that would probably need to just be re-done with K1R's files, assuming we haven't done that mod's job already.

#18 Daemonjax

Daemonjax

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:54 AM

I'm using the KOTOR Bug Fix Attempt 1.0 mod you're referring to, and the only conflicting file was bp_calo_ambush_2.utc.

K1BugfixAtt 1.0 -- I imagine these mods do the same thing, so conflict is expected.  Update: Verified that they're not identical at the hex level, but I could not see any differences when compared using kotor tool.  I'd just use the newer one (K1R's version).
 • Warning: A file named bp_calo_ambush_2.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

I don't know for sure if everything is working as intended, but so far it seems to and I haven't seen anything that would make me suspect otherwise. That bugfix mod just replaces a few scripts and dialog files (and that one utc file)... those other files aren't touched by K1R.

#19 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Can you link me to the mod?

And I can't really "allow" a mod to be compatible, as a work like that would probably need to just be re-done with K1R's files, assuming we haven't done that mod's job already.

Certainly, give me a moment.

http://deadlystream....ug-fix-attempt/

#20 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:51 PM

Great to see this mod finally released. I personally will be waiting for Sleheyron to be finished before I install this though, just to get the complete experience and so all the rough parts can be ironed out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: K1R, KotOR, Restoration, Official, Cut content, Restored Content, KotOR 1 Restoration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users