• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#1 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationKotor Tool, 3DS Max, JRLEdit, After Effects, Pro Tools...

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

File Name: PartySwap

File Submitter: DarthTyren

File Submitted: 20 May 2015

File Category: Mods

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

===========================================
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 2 MODIFICATION
===========================================

PartySwap 1.3.1b (TSLRCM 1.8.5 REQUIRED)

Author: DarthTyren

E-Mail: darthtyren@gmail.com

----------

NOTE: Apart from TSLRCM, any mod that edits Kreia's endgame dialog is incompatible with this mod. As is any mod that contains Zuka's dialog on Dxun, unless they merge in installation. In that case, you must install this mod first.

ANOTHER NOTE: As of right now, this mod is officially incompatible with Extended Enclave. I will probably get around to trying to making a compatability patch for it at some point.

Description:

This mod allows the player to recruit both Handmaiden and Disciple. It also adds a usable item (adrenal) that will allow you to replace any member of the current party with Handmaiden (wherever appropriate). It also changes the game up a little bit where potentially both can become involved.

Installation:

First and foremost, make sure that you have TSLRCM 1.8.5 installed in your TSL directory.

1) Unzip the compressed file you downloaded and run the PartySwap Installation TSLPatcher file located inside.
2) If you want to use this mod in conjunction with M4-78EP, choose the appropriate installation. Otherwise, choose the Default installation.
3) Press the Install button and locate your TSL directory where TSLRCM is installed.

If there are any errors during installation, let me know immediately.

Uninstallation:

The TSLPatcher creates backups of all your unmodified files. You can find it in the same folder as the Installer.

1) Inside the backup folder, you should see twelve module files. Cut and paste these files inside the Modules folder in your game directory. Overwrite everything.
2) Inside the backup folder, you should see a file named dialog.tlk. This goes in your root game directory (the same folder with swkotor2.exe). Cut and paste it there.
3) Everything else in the backup folder belongs in the Override folder, so cut and paste it into the Override folder in your game directory.
4) I'm sending out a folder called Override Uninstall with all the original files from this mod. Copy (don't cut) and paste them inside the Override folder in your game directory. Then delete them.
5) Go to your game's StreamVoice\262\ATRISCS3 directory and delete 262ATRISCS3015.mp3. Then go to 402\kumus and delete 402KUMUS46.mp3 and 402KUMUS47.mp3. Then go to 650\krehand1 and delete 650KREHAND1016.mp3 and 650KREHAND1017.mp3.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

This mod has only been tested with the latest version of TSLRCM. In all likelyhood, if it's compatible with TSLRCM, it's probably compatible with this mod. Sometimes, this might not bethe case, such as files that this mod edits in the module files, other mods might place them in the override folder, so if you find a conflict like this, please let me and the community know.

Credits:

Fair Strides - Can almost take credit for half the mod getting done, help with scripts, understanding Waypoints and TSLPatcher, etc. Thank you!
Thanks to the wonderful modding community at Holowan Labs/DeadlyStream for helping me with facing constant problems.
Special thanks to VarsityPuppet, for teaching me about #include scripts and how I don't need to bother with them.

Enjoy.

-DarthTyren

Click here to download this file

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. -Philippians 1:6

PartySwap on ModDB

#2 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

This is very intriguing indeed.

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#3 Todd Hellid

Todd Hellid

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

Can you detail the party swap conversation for us please?

#4 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'd like to see this in action. Perhaps Xuul should be asked to do a video.

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. 

~ Sith Holocron

Have you read my blog? You really should.

#5 Ninko

Ninko

The Blue Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationTrayus Academy on Malachor V

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

I'd like to see this in action. Perhaps Xuul should be asked to do a video.

Or perhaps I could make one? :)

Vrook: "You were deafened."
Kreia: "At last, you could hear."
Kavar: "You were broken."
Kreia: "You were whole."
Zez-Kai Ell: "You were blinded."
Kreia: "And at last... you saw."

-Kriea to Jedi Masters Vrook, Kavar, and Zez-Kai Ell, speaking to the Jedi Exile about Malachor V.

Listen to this here!

#6 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

I'm not picky just as long as I get to see it work. :)

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. 

~ Sith Holocron

#7 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

Since I know what's been changed and added, I'll make a release video for it, showing not everything, but hopefully enough.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. -Philippians 1:6

PartySwap on ModDB

#8 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

I'd rather the video be released by some one not as biased as the creator. No offense intended.

~ Sith Holocron

#9 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

Okay, then none taken. Whoever wants to do it can.

Whoever that is, just let it be known that the party's final confrontation with Kreia on Malachor is the best example of what this mod does. *hint* Apart from the armband.

PartySwap on ModDB

#10 raithyn

raithyn

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:15 AM

I like the sound of this. Is it compatible with the extended enclave mod (http://deadlystream....n/#entry27087)? Since you prepackaged the modules I can't tell.

#11 Guest_R2-X2_*

Guest_R2-X2_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:04 AM

I'd rather the video be released by some one not as biased as the creator. No offense intended.

I think that it would not be bad to have a mod's creator make a video about it. He exactly knows what to show, and it doesn't have to be a review of some sort anyway.

And of course there's nothing against multiple people making videos. :D

#12 Nsinger998

Nsinger998

Jedi Knight

• M478_Staff
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

I've played through this mod and I loves.

I played as a male and after getting handmaiden, I went to dantooine to get disciple.

Diciple joined as if I was a female and I received an armband called 'party swap'.
Disciple replaced handmaiden in the party select but both were on the ebon hawk in their usual places.

Both handmaiden and disciple's story lines played out perfectly and the arm band pulls up a menu letting me swap a party member with handmaiden(character select remains unchanged). I could even have both handmaiden and disciple in my party at the same time!

Only problem I found was that the mod doesn't work for a female PC because handmaiden doesn't join the party when you leave the telos academy, but other then that..awesome work! :)
New Jedi Knight: my training is finally complete!

Jedi Master: No, it has only just begun.

#13 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

I've played through this mod and I loves.

I played as a male and after getting handmaiden, I went to dantooine to get disciple.

Diciple joined as if I was a female and I received an armband called 'party swap'.
Disciple replaced handmaiden in the party select but both were on the ebon hawk in their usual places.

Both handmaiden and disciple's story lines played out perfectly and the arm band pulls up a menu letting me swap a party member with handmaiden(character select remains unchanged). I could even have both handmaiden and disciple in my party at the same time!

Only problem I found was that the mod doesn't work for a female PC because handmaiden doesn't join the party when you leave the telos academy, but other then that..awesome work! :D

That's wierd, I remember removing the conditional for that part. I'll have to take a look at it.

I think that it would not be bad to have a mod's creator make a video about it. He exactly knows what to show, and it doesn't have to be a review of some sort anyway.

And of course there's nothing against multiple people making videos. :D

You have explained my intentions better than I could have. 

On a side note, it has come to my attention that it might be better to use the TSLPatcher to install this mod, rather than the odd way by which it is put together currently. I'm thinking I'll try this as soon as I find out what went wrong with the female-recruit-handmaiden part.

PartySwap on ModDB

#14 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,216 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

On a side note, it has come to my attention that it might be better to use the TSLPatcher to install this mod, rather than the odd way by which it is put together currently. I'm thinking I'll try this as soon as I find out what went wrong with the female-recruit-handmaiden part.

Well, if you need any help at all with setting it up, I'm more than happy to help. :)  I can at least help you prepare to make the installation.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#15 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

Yes! This has a permanent place in my override folder now

Every fan's dream for 10 and a half years now come true.... 

Thanks so much for this mod!

Quick question: What happens in scenes where the entire party is gathered? Will both show up? Furthermore, whose line get priority in cases where one or the other would speak? First example that comes to mind is on Nar Shaddaa, when Atton jokes about the trap

#16 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:15 PM

I was also wondering about what the previous poster said. My own example would've been the scene with the entire party on M4-78 at the landing pad. That would also bring in the compatibility question between your mod and M4-78 EP as well.

~ Sith Holocron

#17 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:44 PM

Well, if you need any help at all with setting it up, I'm more than happy to help. :D  I can at least help you prepare to make the installation.

If I can't figure it out with the documentation, FS, then I will definitely take that offer.

Quick question: What happens in scenes where the entire party is gathered? Will both show up? Furthermore, whose line get priority in cases where one or the other would speak? First example that comes to mind is on Nar Shaddaa, when Atton jokes about the trap

So far as any dialogs that I've seen, both will show up. As to who gets priority dialog, it depends on which conversation. The one you mentioned was written in a way that if such a thing happened, Handmaiden would have priority with "What are you talking about? It's obviously a trap."

I was also wondering about what the previous poster said. My own example would've been the scene with the entire party on M4-78 at the landing pad. That would also bring in the compatibility question between your mod and M4-78 EP as well.

Unless there's a gender/selectability check, both of them should still be able to spawn, just as they do on Nar Shaddaa. I didn't add any waypoints, all I had to do was make sure both were considered 'available'. I can't say anymore than that, as M4-78 hasn't and probably never will enter my game folder.

PartySwap on ModDB

#18 Nsinger998

Nsinger998

Jedi Knight

• M478_Staff
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:25 AM

I played M4-78 and everyone was there and in the apathy is death scene on korriban
New Jedi Knight: my training is finally complete!

Jedi Master: No, it has only just begun.

#19 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:35 AM

I played M4-78 and everyone was there and in the apathy is death scene on korriban

Again, this is mainly because all the game scripts call for is for that companion to be an available party member. However, Disciple and Handmaiden share waypoints, so one might look just a little out of place in some situations. It will almost always be Disciple.

PartySwap on ModDB

#20 DarthTyren

DarthTyren

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Only problem I found was that the mod doesn't work for a female PC because handmaiden doesn't join the party when you leave the telos academy

I found the problem. It was in the OnEnter script. I knew I should have checked that to make sure I had everything. With the next release (TSLPatcher), It should be fixed.

PartySwap on ModDB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: party, handmaiden and disciple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users