VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

The best I expect from this mod for now is a "maybe", as much as I liked the idea ;)

Hmm, so it sounds like I could finally stop the waiting? Despite incessant proclamations from people to "play the game first without any mods and then with the mods" I've patiently waited since the release of the game to do my one and probably only playthrough? One of the original complaints was the abrupt ending, and I figured since I'd waited for so long for a restoration mod, and then M4-78EP, I figured why not wait for the ending mod.

But if this is in limbo and without at least a target internal release schedule, might be best to give up when convenient.

Yeah, I don't think this is coming out any time soon - go ahead with RCM and M4-78EP.

Yeah, if you've never experienced the nuanced glory of TSL, running through it for the first time without a perfect ending isn't gonna kill you.

I know this has probably been asked before, but I was wondering, if there was any possibilty of you guys maybe releasing a very rough beta version with the source material and story bible included so that some other modders could finish it?

I've been considering it. Ultimately, modding KOTOR is just too tedious and tiresome and I don't think I will ever get around to working on it again in that capacity. I'm more on the "make tools" end of the spectrum now which will ultimately make my modding cut down to a clickeroo of several buttons and then voila! Done.

I know Bead wants to and I (sort of) want to (for the sake of completing things), but the timing and the work required for the project is just too much and the payoff too little.

Interestingly, I never thought about writing down a "bible" for MVI. I even like using the term bible as a resource guide even if it's slightly sacrilegious. That might be something worth considering.

Ultimately, it is mine and Bead's project, so I should consult with him first.

I suppose for what it's worth, who would be interested in continuing the work?

Honestly, I would. Danil-ch and I are finishing up our Extended Enclave mod and then are gonna finish up Exile's GenoHaradan mod, and I don't know if he'd want to try and tackle it after that or not. But I'd certainly love to try, and I'd totally be up for working with Bead and whoever else would want to be involved and was approved by you two.

Big Announcement.

Malachor VI's "code" and source files are going to be available online.

However, it will not quite be available for everyone. Since there were other mods installed in my MVI work game/folder, public release of the link will be delayed until I get rid of that junk.

If you would like take over the project, or contribute in a way, PM me and I'll tell you how I'd like the work to be continued. Don't worry, it's easy.

Thank you for all of your support over the years, and it's time this went into some more active hands.

Darth Hayze, let's chat.

No official word. It may end up being more than one contributor, even. I'm working on the creation of some tools in the meantime so as to make the work easier.

• Like 1

There seem a lot of files there that has absolutely nothing to do with M VI and are in fact other mods.

Don't know if they are your own... if so, there's no trouble.

If they are not though...

You mean installed in the game? Yeah....

I kind of just uploaded my install to that repo. It's not a shameless plug, I swear!

Hey, quick question; In it's current state, is this TSLRCM compatable, and either way, if I were to install this how buggy would be? I'm just asking because this because I know it's still a WIP.

Question, will you be expanding on the Trayus Academy in regards to its structure and quests? For instance the addition of at the very least items to explain how  

The "Storm Beasts" are actually sith aberrations created through alchemy to hunt down intruders or to keep the Trayus grounds a secret;

with perhaps a brief datapad/quest to explain how they are spawned and grown. Or perhaps creating evidence of the methods Revan used to turn the Jedi to his cause. 

I've been considering these things because not matter how interesting the ending story happens to be, for me, the greatest part of an ending level should be how it ties up all of the loose ends through gameplay decisions and the player discovering these secrets themselves rather than having it explained to them. 

Hey, quick question; In it's current state, is this TSLRCM compatable, and either way, if I were to install this how buggy would be? I'm just asking because this because I know it's still a WIP.

Recommended course of action is to copy your TSL install, drag and drop the folders and load one of the saves. Not compatible, unfortunately

In response to Malkior, I hadn't thought of any of that up to this point, but it wouldn't be too hard to work something like that in.

I just read the announcement by VarsityPuppet and i must say "well done!".

I'm sure that some skilled modder is going to finish this awaited mod, no matter how long it takes.

It's fantastic that someone's decided to pick this up. Is there a new thread for the VP-less Malachor VI yet?