Just a general question - can somebody point me in the right direction on how to create a new & unique feat?

A link to a tutorial(s), or a quick summing-up would suffice.

Thank you in advance!

I think I know a pretty fair amount about feats. But there are more experienced modders than I.

Basically, you're very limited as to what you can do because you can really only create dummy feats or creatively re-purpose existing feats. If you want your new feat to do something, you have to define where to use it in another part of the mod.

There are two main ways I've seen feats used:

1. As prerequisites or bonuses for items - You can make one or multiple feats required to use an item either in baseitems.2da or in the individual .uti files of the items. You can also change which feats give items the "Weapon Focus" and "Weapon Specialization" bonuses.

2. As conditionals in scripts - For anything that uses a script, you can check the various actors involved in a script in order to see which feats they have. You can also grant feats in scripts but you can't remove them.

You can get pretty creative with #2 there but there are some pretty big limitations because most of combat happens outside of scripts.

So... I bring this up because of a request that I posted:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3017-requests/page-24#entry32174 

In my head, it sounds like having it as a Feat would make the most sense, like 'Two-Weapon' fighting or 'Weapon Specialization'.

Judging by what I have posted what I've been reading, it sounds like it might be WAY easier to create a new Force Power that, once equipped, is ALWAYS on (like Force Deflect/Redirection).

It just sounds REALLY cool, and i want to get to it, would just like a direction from which to start...

Thanks for the feedback, Box. That was helpful, even just to clarify which direction would be the "bad" one

I don't know if you can really make a force power like Deflection/Redirection. What you can do is something similar to DarthInsidious's lightsaber forms mod for K1. Alternately you could create creature hide items for the various bonuses and have a script equip them.

What about a Force Form or Lightsaber Form? I did download and run DarthInsidious's lightsaber forms for K1 and I liked them... I can see why he did it that way as K1 doesn't incorporate Force forms.

It just makes more sense to me if it's a Feat, Form, or Power (that doesn't have to be manually cast).