Siberian Wolf

Remove Speed Blur Only (TSL MOD)

Hi,

Since I could not find a mod that removes the speed blur form the game's effects only, I made my own using kotor tool. I wanted to keep all the other effects by leaving frame buffer effects ON, except the force speed blur. I edited the visualeffects.2da and removed the blur line.

Since this is so hard to find I will leave the file here in case anyone else wants it. Just drop it in override.

Cheers.

visualeffects.zip

• Like 1

Attachments in posts only last a few months (presumably for space reasons). Besides, simply dumping pre-compiled 2DAs in your Override is not advisable. If you don't want to try one of the existing VFX removal mods, try this. I think it should work.

For me, the better solution would be not to remove the effect completely but to replace it with a more sophisticated version.

Does anyone know by chance how to modify the speed blur effect?

Is there a texture which can be edited?

• Like 1

For me, the better solution would be not to remove the effect completely but to replace it with a more sophisticated version.

Does anyone know by chance how to modify the speed blur effect?

Is there a texture which can be edited?

It is possible to change the effect but it's not a texture. It's a shader.

For TSL you can use the fog fix which includes a better speed blur effect and by reverse engineering that or asking the author, you could probably learn how to change it and/or apply the same change to K1.