Xuul

[Guide] Xuul's ULTIMATE guide for Kotor 2

I followed the guide to the letter and I seem to have hit a problem with editing the hex values.

80 02 00 00 75 15 81 3D E8 C1 80 00 E0 01  &  80 02 00 00 C7 44 24 10 E0 01   strings are simply not there.

I use 4CD version [patched] + TSLRCM + M4-78 EP on Windows 7.

I followed the guide to the letter and I seem to have hit a problem with editing the hex values.

80 02 00 00 75 15 81 3D E8 C1 80 00 E0 01  &  80 02 00 00 C7 44 24 10 E0 01   strings are simply not there.

I use 4CD version [patched] + TSLRCM + M4-78 EP on Windows 7.

I have the same problem. I'm also using 4CD + TSLRCM (not M4 though) on Windows 7. I've tried searching for the values but they just won't show up. Ideas anyone?

Hi!I ve done everything xuul required me to do.

Ive installed GOG version of KOtor2 and installed TSLCRM.

However it stil closing after the intro cutscene(The logo Cine)

I can get to the main menu, see the TSLCRM 1.8.4 on Menu and am able to create my char perfectly fine.

But when i click on play game closes automatically after the stars wars logo cutscene.

Why is this happening?what did i do wrong and how do i fix it?

Hi!I ve done everything xuul required me to do.

Ive installed GOG version of KOtor2 and installed TSLCRM.

However it stil closing after the intro cutscene(The logo Cine)

I can get to the main menu, see the TSLCRM 1.8.4 on Menu and am able to create my char perfectly fine.

But when i click on play game closes automatically after the stars wars logo cutscene.

Why is this happening?what did i do wrong and how do i fix it?

Can you post your PC specs?

• Like 1

INTEL® HD Graphics i guess

That would likely be your issue. The Intel HD3000 and similar cards cause a crash upon character creation. 

Did you have issues creating a character before following this guide?

First, try disabling movies and creating your character. Movies can cause crashes for some people because of the resolution change.

If this fails try this guide for intel integrated graphics fixes.

That would likely be your issue. The Intel HD3000 and similar cards cause a crash upon character creation. 

Did you have issues creating a character before following this guide?

First, try disabling movies and creating your character. Movies can cause crashes for some people because of the resolution change.

If this fails try this guide for intel integrated graphics fixes.

Everything working now.Thx a lot

Tell us how you fixed it

I just bought the steam version and followed the instruction on the link u displayed here.

It worked even full screen but the game can only be opened within steam and it has stopped working a few times.

Glad i saved often Though.Experienced a few glitches that disappear upon loading area but im glad it worked.

Help Xuul new issue!Ive just arrived on dantooine and during a few battles the character movement is completely jammed...like he seems frozen withing space then warp far ahead.It stoping me from progressing how do i fix this?

Hey plz help!Xuul or anyone.

"Could not find MoviesResolution injection point, Star Wars: KOTOR II may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

Try restarting Star Wars: KOTOR II or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix."

This error appear on flawless widescreen when i try to run it with the game,it still crashes and my version is 3.0(FWS).

My game is steam version.What do i do?

Hey plz help!Xuul or anyone.

"Could not find MoviesResolution injection point, Star Wars: KOTOR II may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

Try restarting Star Wars: KOTOR II or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix."

This error appear on flawless widescreen when i try to run it with the game,it still crashes and my version is 3.0(FWS).

My game is steam version.What do i do?

I don't know about your other issues but if you're using the latest Steam version (and not the legacypc version on Steam), it already has widescreen support by itself. So that's probably why Flawless Widescreen is throwing an error.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Hey Xuul, thanks for the guide and video, everything to this point has been quite easy to follow.

My issue lies in my inability, like some others from page 3 of the thread, to find the values

• 80 02 00 00 75 15 81 3D E8 C1 80 00 E0 01 & 80 02 00 00 C7 44 24 10 E0 01

I thought that perhaps it was due to my game version. I have the Kotor Collection DVD version of the game, which includes the official patch and HQ stuff. I edited my search of that list of values, with the values for 800x600, as that is apparently the new default low resolution. I still was unable to find either string with the substituted values 20 03 and 58 02.

My values, for my 1680x1050 monitor, would be 90 06 and 1A 04. I would love to be able to plug these values into HxD. I tried the find function looking for both hexadecimal values and as a text string.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Or is there something a little more nuanced going on? I have some time, as the the conversion process is still underway at about 2mil bytes per second.

Edit: Went to bed. All conversions are done, which is cool - I won't have to do that again for this monitor, and if I get a new 1080p monitor oh well.

About to test things out, see if the HUD fix took, what happens on cutscene execution, etc. I'll update this post with my findings. There is a checkbox for fixing the cutscene issue on Flawless... Perhaps I don't need the hex edit? We'll see.

EDIT2: Ok, interestingly today I have found the second string (80 02 00 00 C7 44 24 10 E0 01) in question with HxD, which is pretty odd but ok whatever. I have edited it. Still cannot find the first string, although I have found a similar looking string which I may edit as an experiment - 80 02 00 00 C7 05 E8 C1 80 00 E0 01. Compares to 80 02 00 00 75 15 81 3D E8 C1 80 00 E0 01. There is an extra pair in there, but perhaps?

I am going to test the game now with just the second line edited. I will report the results, I believe in a new post as it is a new day, and too many edits already to this post :P

''Sorry, you don't have permission for that!'' i cannot download the mod? Does someone knows the answer?

If you downloaded mods WITHOUT LOGGING IN then this will appear; the solution is to download when logged in. If this isn't the case, then I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know if you have to to the hex editing with the aspyr version?

I used the hex stuff last year with the dvd collection version and it worked just fine. Sadly, using aspyr's version I can't find either of the two strings in question, I'd imagine this is due to them heavily modifying the exe. Any help?

Does anyone know if you have to to the hex editing with the aspyr version?

I used the hex stuff last year with the dvd collection version and it worked just fine. Sadly, using aspyr's version I can't find either of the two strings in question, I'd imagine this is due to them heavily modifying the exe. Any help?

I guess you're referring to the hex editing in the widescreen part? If so then that's not necessary as Aspyrs version supports widescreen natively.