Sign in to follow this  
Dantski

Can't initiate sparring

Hi, I've played through TSL a few times and recently took a brief look at a walkthrough to see if I was missing out on much. Anyway I've been following the one on IGN and I've just finished the cutscene where I've told Handmaiden to forget Atton and take the regular quarters. Now the guide tells me to talk to Handmaiden, ask what she's doing and then ask if she can teach me some fighting moves. However the dialogue to ask her to teach me some fighting moves hasn't appeared. Is this a bug or do I or Handmaiden need to fulfil a level requirement to spar? My character is level 12 and Handmaiden hasn't been levelled up yet. Also I am at full lightside mastery if that has any bearing on it.

I'm using v1.8.3 of RCM on steam

I think you also need a few points of influence with her.

Not sure how to use the multiquote feature so apologies for the messy post.

If there is a level requirement I haven't come across a guide stating what it is yet.

Influence as far as I know doesn't affect whether you can spar with her or not the first time, it obviously has an effect on being able to spar with her multiple times. This guide is old and before RCM's time but its been 100% accurate so far ni regards to what you can do at various points so unless this was patched or fixed in some way in this mod I'm inclined to believe that I should be able to spar with her once without gaining influence. I'm sure in my dark playthrough I never had positive influence with her.

The page you linked to is mostly stuff you'd assume you'd have to do to unlock sparring with her (and turning her into a Jedi etc), I guess I want to know what are the precise requirements for her to spar with you, if it requires my char or hers to level up fine, if I need to travel to another planet after Telos to unlock it fine, in that case the guide is wrong for the first time and I'll do that. 

Well it seems you can't spar with her until you move to a planet after Telos, right after jumping her sparring option became available.

Thanks for the responses regardless.

There was a bug that sparring her in "hyperspace" would lead to an infinite fight, so yeah, with TSLRCM you have to wait till you landed (and re-entered the Hawk) in order to resolve that.