Kate The Bionic Uterus

KOTOR II What order do you play the planets

Now it always seemed to me that the game was designed to be played in a certain order so you are able to get a lightsaber and start off converting 2 followers into Jedi. Rand and the bounty hunter girl Mia

I play the game with 2 different ways. The first way I when I play a Jedi character and normal difficulty level; Narr Shaddaa, Dantooine, Dxun, Korriban, Return to Dxun, Return to Onderon, Retrurn to Dantooine

When I play at the "difficult" level I play as a dark side Sith Lord and I go to Korriban, Dantooine, Narr Shaddaa and then return to Dxun and Onderon and rfinally return to Dantooine.

Because of the new m4-78 planet I am playing the dark side but folllowing my light side planet order because I wanted to make sure I was strong enough for the droid planet since it comes after Korriban.

What order do you play the planets in?

I tend approach M4-78 a little differently as I likely to do Korriban last. I do this because I want all of my possible droid party members available to me before attempting M4-78. 

In the hidden portion lay minor spoilers.

Back to your question, I suppose my order would be Peragus, Citadel Station, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon, Dantooine, and then Korriban / M4-78.

For some reason, i like to get Nar Shaddaa done first.

i think it's because it takes up the most time for me to complete, so it still feels like a linear part of the game like Peragus, Citadel Station, and Telos are.
After that though, i approach it randomly, though M4-78 just seems like the other half of completing Korriban, since Korriban is a much shorter stop, and you're still in the process of locating Master Vash.

Starting with Nar Shaddaa first is the most optimal as it let's you complete your party. If you are playing with M4, saving Korriban until last is also probably your best move.

That being said, I've always done Nar Shaddaa last since it is long and you can get stuck there. I usually start with Dan then Kor then Dxun.

That being said, I haven't done a proper play through in a while and never with M4-78 installed

Ever since M4-78, I haven't gotten a good handle on my optimal story path

It generally goes

Dantooine (for the saber crystals)

Nar Shaddaa

Dxun

Korriban

back to Dxun

back to Dantooine

I kind of like to switch things up a bit to keep the game less linear.

I used to do the Korriban tomb first and used the infinite Hssiss glitch until I was level 50 and I would just blast through the game... I kind of miss that glitch, but it would be a great idea for an expansion mod

Nar Shaddaa - story driven and sets up rest of the game

Back to Telos - fuel quest, group of HK's

Duxn

Onderon  

Coruscant - training reasons (don't pick up light sabers or crystals or over-powered items)

Dantooine

Back to Duxn/Onderon

Nar Shaddaa - merchant quest

Revisit Corusant - more training on console and learning high level abilities - levelling up

Korriban

M4-78

tie up loose ends

Then finish game

That's what I'm thinking of doing, I haven't played M4-78 mod yet or TSL properly for 2 years  

But as you can tell I have been thinking about it!

I tend approach M4-78 a little differently as I likely to do Korriban last. I do this because I want all of my possible droid party members available to me before attempting M4-78. 

In the hidden portion lay minor spoilers.

In order to clean the radiation near the start of the planet, you have to send in a droid. Depending on which droid you send in, you're going to have different dialogue. This makes sense because T3-M4, HK-47, and G0-T0 are vastly different models in personality. I'm leaning towards G0-T0 for my very next play through as he doesn't get enough love.

Back to your question, I suppose my order would be Peragus, Citadel Station, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon, Dantooine, and then Korriban / M4-78.

I didn't read your spoiler but thanks for that!

Um... when I play the Light Side I am able (after Telos) to finish Nar Shaddaa (my first visited planet after Telos) to have 2 converted Jedis, (Rand and Mira) and all the pieces for HK-47 and obviously I have Goto with me.  That is 3 droids so then I could go to Dantooin and juice up on crystals. I also usually can finish Nar Shaddaa with two lightsabers. One from the game quests and the other from the jedi Master.

With the TSLRCM I have HK-47 completely built at the end of Nar Shaddaa because I get all the pieces from the assassin droids because they attack so often on Nar Shaddaa. After this planet I am unstoppable. I have a complete team with a least two lightsabers (sometime more and sometimes less depending on the drops) and three droids.

My next stop is Dantooin and I go get the crystals right away so basically I play the entire planet with powerful lightsabers. I spend all my money on the Jedi merchant near the enclave.

This thread is a VERY interesting and fun read so far.

Edited by Kate The Bionic Uterus

After finishing up on Telos, I tend to go to the planets in this order.

Dantooine: Get Disciple, even if only to get him out of the way.

Nar Shaddaa: Finally deal with the Exchange and the bounty.

Onderon I: At least make it look like I really have to go somewhere for the long wait.

Korriban: Filler for the wait time to go back to Dxun.

Onderon II: Best freaking part of the game in my opinion.

I've actually always seen Dantooine as the most tedious of all planets, therefore the one that needs to "get out of the way". Nar Shaddaa and Onderon are both longer, but at least they're fun pretty much all the time. Korriban is just as boring, but at least it's short. On Dantooine I'm an errand boy until the very end. Not fun.

There's a mod you can download. Other than that, it does not have Coruscant.

The council-cutscene after the Telos Academy is on Coruscant. Of course that's just 1 cutscene, not a playable planet.

And my least favorite planet would be Onderon; the investigation is fun first time, not so much later on. Rather prefer some flexibility (like M4 has), but Onderon is just always the same.

HH would have been a cool alternate DS was to incriminate Ghent to get a Vaklu officer to go get a meeting arranged, that or run more Vaklu quests like the officer decommissioned one.  Mandolore buts in about his friend, you could persuade him its a easier route to not interfere, better off you stay low, etc.

I personally play the planets:

Nar Shadda, "get HK :nuke: "

Onderon "2nd biggest planet set"

Dantooine "crystals/Khonda war"

Onderon again

Korriban