Doctor

Name Suggestions

Which name do you prefer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you prefer?

• Deadly Stream
    • Republic Knights

I've created this thread for members to suggest a new name for the site.

Not the best but...

DSKoTORMods.com

Gotta have the reference to deadlystream in there =P

Hehe, due to your change of name, how about Hippocrates's modifications? ;)

Guest Cordto

how about kotor forums?

Another bad one :D

DS-StarWarsForums.com

Is the site going to be star wars as a whole still or are you gonna just do KoTOR?

I think Star Wars in general would be better, gives room for expansion. (you never know, Lucas Arts might make another decent game one day)

How about deadlystream.com ? :D

Exactly, Deadly Stream is a very cool name, I see no point in replacing it..

Guest bendarby24

i agrey him/her..... i think he is a he but his avitar proves rong?

I agree, it's a very unique name.

i agrey him/her..... i think he is a he but his avitar proves rong?

He is a he.

How about Republic Knights?

Better than anything that has 'star wars' or 'kotor' in it (that makes it sound lame, in my opinion), but deadly stream is still better. That's what I think. =)

Better than anything that has 'star wars' or 'kotor' in it (that makes it sound lame, in my opinion), but deadly stream is still better. That's what I think. =)

Yeah, it's a simple rule. Take an obscure name and make it recognizeable = cool. Take a name intended to be cool from the start = people groan. (Think of every time you see a new member/player/chatter who uses the handle lukeskywalker or some such).

Deadly Stream has been made cool and meaningful to all of us who've been interested in the TSL restoration. AND it presents no problems if you ever want to expand the forum's scope, precisely because it doesn't define any scope. It doesn't imply the forum's purpose in its name, and that's a cool thing too.

I've just added a poll to this thread.

Sorry about the white text on grey background... anyone else looking forward to leaving vBulletin behind us?

Guest Ajunta

Never change a winning team. Deadlystream has become a brand name. Why change it?

Although Republic Knights isn't bad, as has been mentioned, DS already has a history. I myself hate looking up stuff for older games *coughlikeTSLcough* and finding old pages referencing some site that no longer exists with some must-have download/info. And with a name change, that's exactly what would happen here, correct? How many references to DS are out there where people might come across and not know where to turn if the name were to be changed?

Plus, a thought on RK.... wouldn't that kind of limit things to KotOR after all? I mean, let's say one day my dreams come true and a new TIE Fighter game comes out and is worth something. It's not Republican or Jedi, so would RK fit as a name?

Holocronomicon sounds nice, but it looks like its deadly stream. But the holocron one makes sense, it's a recording of all kinds of things that people think are important, and provide development, or at least that's what I think. : /

I like DeadlyStream due to the fact that, to this day, I have no idea what it means. :P

However, if you were intending to branch out and make new domains or cover other games, I support/like JoeWJ's idea of adding "DS" into whatever title it is given to retain the identity.

-Edit-

AHA! I have to read dates more closely :D Sorry SH. You want me to snip my comment to prevent further confusion?