Lupo_dK

[GUIDE] Kotor 2 fully functioning on MAC with Mods and Fixes (TSLRCM, Widescreen & Others)

No, nothing is crashing. When I try to launch the game from my Steam library the game itself never launches, it just opens the wrapper for the KOTOR 2 Wineskin with the options "Install Software" "Set Screen Options" "Advanced" and "Quit"

When you launch the game does wineskin window appear just over your steam library or steam closes just before that?

Try checking the game cache inside steam, maybe something went wrong during installation. (In this case you have to repeat the kotor2.exe file replacement with the Squ1zzy's.)

Otherwise try opening wineskin (Show package content on Knights of the old republic 2.app), then go to advanced: here check Window EXE path, it should be

/Program Files/Steam/Steam.exe

And try launching program with Test Run in lower right corner.

Will I have to pay for the GoG version? And all the other versions too? My dad doesn't really like me spending money on games so, just checking.

Hey everyone,

I am new to this and I am having some issues make this wrapper work. I have used Paulthetall's ports before and they worked fine. So I tried the GOG version first using Portkit but it only got me to the point where I could create a character then crashed. Every time! I have been itching to play this game for a while now.

Since the GOG version didn't work and no known fixes that I could find I decided to use this option. I downloaded the link from step 1 and I couldn't get it to do anything.  I thought maybe since i didn't have wineskin it wouldn't work, so I  I downloaded Winery. When it still wouldn't work and not knowing what to do I created my own wrapper and continued with the rest of the steps.

I got steam  downloaded and downloaded the game. Again it got to the character selection and crashed. I looked around and read all of the other posts on this thread to see if I wasn't the only one having this issue. But I didn't find anything that would help.

After a while of beating my head in I realized  that i had to unzip it first. so once i did that I thought I was good to go. But now when I select the wrapper it tells me it can't be opened. I tried showing package contents and opening wineskin but it still won't open. I have everything else downloaded so once i get this resolved it should be real quick to start playing barring any other problems.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be happening? I am at a loss and really want to get this to work. Thanks in advance. 

Hi buchhomb, unfortunately I do not own the gog version so i can not help you there. 

Regarding steam version, you do not need wineskin nor you need to create a new wrapper. 1Leonard's wrapper works for its own.

To avoid any confusion erase any wrapper you created, and just use the one from PortingTeam. 

The file you download from the link in step 1 should be a .7z file. You extract it (I suggest Keka for Mac, it's free and quite useful), and inside that you will find Knights of the old Republic II.app, that will be your wrapper. 

Use the steps under **NOTE** just below the fifth step. (Using winetricks seems not to work any more).

Tell me if you still have issues.

Great thanks. I downloaded Keka and it worked like it was supposed to. I got confused because I have never seen a 7z file before. I guess using windzip didn't extract it properly. I got steam to download and I am currently downloading the game but I will have to try it later and let you know. Also should I have to refresh the wrapper to get steam to load? That seems to be there only way to get it up and running.

Great thanks. I downloaded Keka and it worked like it was supposed to. I got confused because I have never seen a 7z file before. I guess using windzip didn't extract it properly. I got steam to download and I am currently downloading the game but I will have to try it later and let you know. Also should I have to refresh the wrapper to get steam to load? That seems to be there only way to get it up and running.

No need to refresh or update! On the contrary, updating could cause incompatibility :)

Hmmm. Every time I open wineskin it only gives me the main wineskin menu not steam. Did I miss something somewhere?

In the advanced options, did you setup the default exe to steam.exe?

Tried to launch steam with Test Run inside wineskin advanced options?

Should be an Application, with a Kotor2 icon (with Sion, Nihillus and stuff...)

Thats what I thought it should be but mine came up as a folder when I installed it to my desktop.

Thats what I thought it should be but mine came up as a folder when I installed it to my desktop.

That explains why steam won't start by default.

Try going to Wineskin Advanced, Tool tab. Under Utilities click on Custom EXE Creator. See if you can rebuild the .app from there putting Steam.exe path as before.

Ok cool, will I have to re-download steam? And when I've gotten the game up through test run the mouse icon was missing. I followed your known issue about it but the setting was already mouse=1. Should it be switched to zero? I appreciate all your help and quick responses. Thank you so much

Ok cool, will I have to re-download steam? And when I've gotten the game up through test run the mouse icon was missing. I followed your known issue about it but the setting was already mouse=1. Should it be switched to zero? I appreciate all your help and quick responses. Thank you so much

No need to download steam. It should just recreate the .app file with the already loaded wrapper.

About the pointer, usually it should work if set to 1, anyway it depends on your system. Try switching to 0.

Glad to be helpful, tell me if you got it to work  :thumbup:

Ok so I created a custom exe and it created a new wineskin icon on my desktop, but it didn't contain any files. I copied them over and tried to set up the exe again and it won't let me choose. It just reopens the same window. Im also having to change the engine.

I think that did it. I got it to work on test run and by clicking on the app icon. Even the mouse cursor works at =0. But, does steam always come up and black out the rest of my desktop?

Ok so is everything going fine then? Remember to install widescreen fix and tslrcm, that will improve drastically your game experience!

when i open wineskin to go to the advanced tab i only see the window listing engines and no wrapper installed. i dont see any options?