#41 Antonia

Antonia

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

I'd have to look at the file in question to be sure, but yeah. *usually* you can just re-order things a bit. Sometimes though, depending how it was tree'd in the first place, you have to make some additions/copies to get everything happy.

But yeah. I have no issues. You can take it if you wish, though I'd be more than happy to do this sort of leg-work and just forward stuff up to you for inclusion in K1R 1.2+ too. Happy to lend a hand.

-Kitt
kitty_sig_set3A.png

#42 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

I'm fine with your option Fair Strides.

#43 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:59 PM

It's not unused if it showed up in the playthrough. :D

That being said, I just checked the post-Leviathan Carth dialog, and that line ONLY shows up if you...:

1. Have NO Mission in the party (how?!)

2. Have NO Juhani in the party (easily possible; just kill her)

3. Have NO Jolee in the party (easily possible, if Kashyyyk is the last planet)

Well, I did say technically unused, as it's normally impossible to get there without abusing the system

If you use a fake level up glitch or a save editor, you can get your security above 80 and skip most of Taris. Therefore you never meet Mission or Zaalbar

And actually, that player did have Juhani. No Jolee though as Kashyyyk was the last planet

#44 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:26 AM

And actually, that player did have Juhani. No Jolee though as Kashyyyk was the last planet

Oh yeah... The first bug I fixed for K1R was a misnamed waypoint tag in the .git file for the post-Leviathan scene... The misnamed tag was preventing the game from finding the waypoint, so the game never spawned Juhani in the scene...

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#45 Darth Tartarus

Darth Tartarus

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:20 PM

This looks really good, looking forward to trying it (will probably wait for 1.2, gives me time to figure out why KOTOR doesn't like my PC :P).
Too bad about the Sand People Messiah...any chance of a separate mod restoring it with unvoiced lines?
Also, out of curiosity, do you have any idea what the swoop upgrades would have been?

#46 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

I've thought about the Sand People Messiah as a separate mod. It could be done eventually.

As to the Swoop Upgrades, we can't restore that in this mod, but I have it working in KotOR 2 (with some custom-made items as the upgrades). The only issue is that the GUI wasn't fully programmed, so you won't see any real stats or item descriptions in the Upgrade Menu.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#47 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

If Sithspecter is indeed going to be hiring professional VAs for his Sleheyron mod, perhaps you could get those guys to also record lines for the unvoiced content in this mod? Unless the actors would get paid by the line, then I wouldn't want Sithspecter to have to pay more money out of his pocket for a project he isn't involved in.

I know the two of you have worked together on Sleheyron, so I thought that could be a possible solution, as the two of you are (I'm guessing) on good terms.

#48 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:34 AM

If Sithspecter is indeed going to be hiring professional VAs for his Sleheyron mod, perhaps you could get those guys to also record lines for the unvoiced content in this mod? Unless the actors would get paid by the line, then I wouldn't want Sithspecter to have to pay more money out of his pocket for a project he isn't involved in.

I know the two of you have worked together on Sleheyron, so I thought that could be a possible solution, as the two of you are (I'm guessing) on good terms.

Without any planning what-so-ever, I can say that we'd just need Czerka personnel and HK-47. (Obviously, HK-47 is the big hang-up...)

#49 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

I'm also referring to other unvoiced lines in the game, like the Kashyyk (Yeah, I probably spelled that wrong, sorry.) Carth line mentioned in the first post of this thread.

#50 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

Yeah, but I don't know that we'd be able to find someone who could come close to the party members, so those are basically out.

#51 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:13 AM

Apparently the Carth vid was deleted, so I can't view it for myself... but would it be bad just to remove the no Mission parameter. So still no Juhani and Jolee?

Of course, not exactly easy to judge not knowing what's the line and where it's used ;)

#52 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

Apparently the Carth vid was deleted, so I can't view it for myself... but would it be bad just to remove the no Mission parameter. So still no Juhani and Jolee?

Of course, not exactly easy to judge not knowing what's the line and where it's used ;)

Well, Mission, Juhani, and Jolee all have their own version of a "What happened?" line to play here. They won't all play it (I think the order is Juhani > Jolee > Mission); you'll only see one.

I think someone above mentioned having Carth's line play while they were still on the Leviathan... I think I could probably throw it in during that scene where you and Carth running towards the Ebon Hawk. Hmm...

#53 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

Wasn't there a few lines by Nemo (the old Jedi on Dantooine) that didn't trigger in the game?

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. 

~ Sith Holocron

Have you read my blog? You really should.

#54 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:11 AM

Wasn't there a few lines by Nemo (the old Jedi on Dantooine) that didn't trigger in the game?

There are some unique Nemo lines if you have Bastilla in your party, but the first time you're able to meet him with Bastilla in the party is when you loot his corpse 

#55 darthbdaman

darthbdaman

Jedi Knight

• M478_Staff
  • 238 posts
  • LocationHoth

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

Personally I don't like the changes to Juhani and Jolee's clothes. I don't think they belong in a restoration mod. It always made sense, especially for Juhani, to be wearing robes when she went with you. You could make the argument that Jolee should be wearing his hermit clothes on Kashyyyk, but even then, I still don't think changes like this belong in a restoration mod.

"No game of dejarik can be won without pawns, and this may prove to be a very long game."

My Links:
Nexus Mods

Twitter

YouTube

Twitch

Discord

#56 ZeldaTheSwordsman

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

Personally I don't like the changes to Juhani and Jolee's clothes. I don't think they belong in a restoration mod. It always made sense, especially for Juhani, to be wearing robes when she went with you. You could make the argument that Jolee should be wearing his hermit clothes on Kashyyyk, but even then, I still don't think changes like this belong in a restoration mod.

I have to say, I agree. The consistency issues with them having Jedi robes are specious at most, and besides that this change sounds like it causes them to just be wearing clothes when they join. Clothes, as in those things of no armor class benefit.

EDIT: Learned about the sarlacc temple, and honestly I don't see a point in restoring it anyway. That one seems to be an early draft concept that the creators wound up just out and out rejecting.

Looking at some of what was not restored by the mod, would you consider giving the option of restoring the stuff that's just missing the voiceovers for people who don't mind text-only dialogue?

#57 JasonRyder

JasonRyder

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:43 PM

I'd like to ask where this injured Sith Apprentice is. I've explored the entire Temple of the Ancients area, but I can't find her. 

#58 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

I'd like to ask where this injured Sith Apprentice is. I've explored the entire Temple of the Ancients area, but I can't find her. 

You would find her roughly opposite from where you enter the Catacombs (Upper?). Just a few doors off the southern end of the long corridor with the open view.

#59 JasonRyder

JasonRyder

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

You would find her roughly opposite from where you enter the Catacombs (Upper?). Just a few doors off the southern end of the long corridor with the open view.

I've scoured the entire temple and found no injured Sith apprentice. Strange that this was somehow cancelled out by one of the other mods I installed. Either that or I killed her by overloading a terminal...

Also, for some reason after I meet Ziagrom, Mika the bartender won't let me see his premium items. He'll tell you to look at them, but he'll never show you anything. 

#60 magdahalo

magdahalo

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationjaku

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

Amazing!!!!! Has anyone got this to work for mac! Great info!! Loving it! Asking juhani about planets, one eyed Duncan, more bastilla dialogue!? How did that get cut? I wonder... how did the restored content fir these games get released? Can't wait to experience it! Thanks! '

That's... what a Jedi can do'

luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...

master yoda

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: K1R, KotOR, Restoration, List, K1R Whats Restored

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users