67 replies to this topic

#21 LiliArch

LiliArch

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:10 PM

Somehow, I doubt that annoying FS to death would help to get the mod released any sooner.

Other than a wish to get people to not play the mod, because they already know everything that's in there, is there a reason why modders should waste their time by telling the public every single detail about what they're working on, instead of actually working on it?

BFix0.gif
Lady Arch, the Carrier of Northern Nights, the Harbinger of Iriaz and the Dark Lord of Orth.

#22 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:19 PM

Somehow, I doubt that annoying FS to death would help to get the mod released any sooner.

Indeed. Some people are just really excited about the mod, and express that excitement in a way that puts stress on the modder. I'm super stoked for Sleheyron, but I always patiently wait for news from Sithspecter.

#23 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:43 PM

What pieces of content are those?

I bet when he's ready to let everyone know, he'll update the list above. ;)

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#24 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:16 AM

I have an interesting NPC you guys could look at... The one in the upper city cantina on Taris who has a name, but plays no role in any quests... Was he meant to be involved in another quest that was removed or what? Because that has always bugged me.

I will not make my signature into novellas - SH 2017  :hrhr:  :hrhr:  :hrhr:

#25 Eauxps I. Fourgott

Eauxps I. Fourgott

M4-78 1.3 Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

Now that I have all the saves I need (your's, plus someone PM'ed me the rest),

Sorry I was too late to be of any help.

I have an interesting NPC you guys could look at... The one in the upper city cantina on Taris who has a name, but plays no role in any quests... Was he meant to be involved in another quest that was removed or what? Because that has always bugged me.

You mean the guy in the room with the dancers and Bith? Try talking to him on a female playthrough. (Sorry my quoting was messed up there, I didn't want to double-post, had already posted my first comment, and couldn't figure anything else out.)

I don't remember why I came here.

#26 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

Sorry I was too late to be of any help.

No, I meant that I was using your saves and that someone had PM'ed me the rest of the ones I needed. :)

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#27 Eauxps I. Fourgott

Eauxps I. Fourgott

M4-78 1.3 Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:04 PM

No, I meant that I was using your saves and that someone had PM'ed me the rest of the ones I needed. :D

...I'm confused.

I was referring to the save before Manaan sea floor that I don't have yet, but had volunteered to give you. Are you still waiting for that?

#28 spacej

spacej

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

I've played through K1RP 0.9, but couldn't find a Glow Rod, but I did find a Gammorean Axe, something that apparently cannot be picked up in the main game, was that what you meant?  Also, Wookiepedia said that Taris had a trash compactor puzzle and the Gammoreans had an HQ near the Undercity.  I'm guessing the trash compactor is the messed up door you see when rescuing Zaalbar and might have been a final obstacle before rescuing him (it seems like it was meant to kill or at least damage the party if you examine the trashdoors in Kotor Tool), and the Gammorean stuff just got moved around to different areas and got cut short.

#29 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

I've played through K1RP 0.9, but couldn't find a Glow Rod, but I did find a Gammorean Axe, something that apparently cannot be picked up in the main game, was that what you meant? Also, Wookiepedia said that Taris had a trash compactor puzzle and the Gammoreans had an HQ near the Undercity. I'm guessing the trash compactor is the messed up door you see when rescuing Zaalbar and might have been a final obstacle before rescuing him (it seems like it was meant to kill or at least damage the party if you examine the trashdoors in Kotor Tool), and the Gammorean stuff just got moved around to different areas and got cut short.

I got a glow rod off one of the Black Vulkars - in the sewers if I'm not mistaken.

I will not make my signature into novellas - SH 2017  :hrhr:  :hrhr:  :hrhr:

#30 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:24 AM

...I'm confused.

I was referring to the save before Manaan sea floor that I don't have yet, but had volunteered to give you. Are you still waiting for that?

No, I've gotten that save from the other PM. Sorry about that...

I've played through K1RP 0.9, but couldn't find a Glow Rod, but I did find a Gammorean Axe, something that apparently cannot be picked up in the main game, was that what you meant?  Also, Wookiepedia said that Taris had a trash compactor puzzle and the Gammoreans had an HQ near the Undercity.  I'm guessing the trash compactor is the messed up door you see when rescuing Zaalbar and might have been a final obstacle before rescuing him (it seems like it was meant to kill or at least damage the party if you examine the trashdoors in Kotor Tool), and the Gammorean stuff just got moved around to different areas and got cut short.

The Gamorrean Axe is in the game's files, but not usually obtainable, it seems.

As to the Glow Rod, I need to edit it for the 1.1, but it is available in the sewers (pretty sure it was in the 0.9 as well).

The Trash Compactor puzzle was not restored, and I do not know if that was due to lack of content or a design choice by ZM90 and Fallen Guardian (since Taris was way before I joined the team).

The Gamorrean HQ was not restored, due mostly to lack of content. VOs aren't the issue; it's more to do with "no idea what was supposed to be there"...

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#31 Eauxps I. Fourgott

Eauxps I. Fourgott

M4-78 1.3 Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

Glow rod might not be there in 0.9, but it is in 1.0. It doesn't do anything though, which is my biggest issue with the mod as it is: a lot of the restored content really doesn't add anything significant to the experience. I understand if that sort of thing is beyond the modders' means, though.

#32 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:34 AM

Question:

Could there be a hypothetical side mod to replace the Impossible difficulty with the removed Very Easy difficulty?
Sometimes I get very lazy.

#33 Eauxps I. Fourgott

Eauxps I. Fourgott

M4-78 1.3 Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:18 PM

Just thought of something...

Would it be possible to fix the bugged security spikes? Since they were obviously intended to work, I think that would fall under the spirit of a restoration project.

#34 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

Just thought of something...

Would it be possible to fix the bugged security spikes? Since they were obviously intended to work, I think that would fall under the spirit of a restoration project.

I tried fixing them at one point, but I think it might be hardcoded. How exactly should they be used?

#35 Eauxps I. Fourgott

Eauxps I. Fourgott

M4-78 1.3 Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:19 AM

I tried fixing them at one point, but I think it might be hardcoded. How exactly should they be used?

Same way is in TSL, I'd think. Not sure though.

#36 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

I believe I've found another (technically) unused Carth line that VERY rarely shows up in vanilla, but is otherwise not programmed to. I had never heard this before seeing this stream

http://www.twitch.tv...onck/v/41018268

Skip ahead to 2:26:15

#37 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

I believe I've found another (technically) unused Carth line that VERY rarely shows up in vanilla, but is otherwise not programmed to. I had never heard this before seeing this stream

http://www.twitch.tv...onck/v/41018268

Skip ahead to 2:26:15

It's not unused if it showed up in the playthrough. :)

That being said, I just checked the post-Leviathan Carth dialog, and that line ONLY shows up if you...:

1. Have NO Mission in the party (how?!)

2. Have NO Juhani in the party (easily possible; just kill her)

3. Have NO Jolee in the party (easily possible, if Kashyyyk is the last planet)

#38 Antonia

Antonia

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

It's not unused if it showed up in the playthrough. :D

That being said, I just checked the post-Leviathan Carth dialog, and that line ONLY shows up if you...:

1. Have NO Mission in the party (how?!)
2. Have NO Juhani in the party (easily possible; just kill her)
3. Have NO Jolee in the party (easily possible, if Kashyyyk is the last planet)

Which file is it? I could whip up a fix in no time so the line triggers no matter who's with you. Might even be able to fairly easily do it with TSL patch, so it'd work for versions already modifying the dlg too. Would have to look first to be sure though.

-Kitt
kitty_sig_set3A.png

#39 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

Well, I would probably just take note of it for K1R 1.2. I imagine my verdict would be to make his line first in the DLG and tack the party member ones on to that line...

Thoughts?

#40 Eauxps I. Fourgott

Eauxps I. Fourgott

M4-78 1.3 Beta Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

Well, I would probably just take note of it for K1R 1.2. I imagine my verdict would be to make his line first in the DLG and tack the party member ones on to that line...

Thoughts?

Seems to me like it would make the most sense if it was put in before the fighter battle, since they should be out of the docking bay after that...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: K1R, KotOR, Restoration, List, K1R Whats Restored

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users